Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 
 

 CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kiryuha



Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine
Age : 36
Joined : 2010-04-19
Posts : 1051

PostSubject: CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display   Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:15 pm

As I’ve [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], my friend from St. Petersburg sent me the Ginkgo tree by CollectA (in exchange of Safari dinosaurs :) In particular, Carnegie-series Spinosaurus went off for this tree).
What can I say, friends?.. I’m really high on this tree!!! It became one of the most precious gems of my collection!

Now in details. Ginkgo has much more canopy parts than Schleich acacia or fir, and that’s why assembling it was more time consuming:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It was a challenge but I did it Very Happy Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here it is in its full splendor:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Ginkgo makes my Asian display significantly more spectacular:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

By the way, I found two interesting things concerning the tree’s box. First, the box is totally localized for the Russian market: the text is translated into Russian and one can see a logo of Collecta’s distributor in Russia – Gulliver (it is even larger than Collecta’s logo itself).
Second, as we all know, there are only two trees which Collecta offers at its website - Ginkgo and Cycad. But there is a picture and even the model number (88367) of the third tree! Here it is:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Has anyone ever seen this third tree anywhere except Collecta boxes?

_________________
Owners of miniature zoos on shelves, unite!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Sergey



Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia
Age : 50
Joined : 2010-09-22
Posts : 2786

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display   Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:07 pm

[quote="Kiryuha"]As I’ve [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], my friend from St. Petersburg sent me the Ginkgo tree by CollectA (in exchange of Safari dinosaurs :) In particular, Carnegie-series Spinosaurus went off for this tree).
What can I say, friends?.. I’m really high on this tree!!! It became one of the most precious gems of my collection!


...It,s very nice! Wink I,m happy that I help you, old friend! Wink Laughing Laughing By the way - the third tree is Pine.? Is it right? And it looks beautiful too. Wink



Back to top Go down
ken yeo



Country/State : Singapore
Age : 46
Joined : 2010-04-05
Posts : 5378

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display   Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:32 am

that's is a very good catch! Congratulation Kiryuha!
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collector/ken-yeo
HKHollinstone
Moderator


Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 24
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11310

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display   Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:33 am

Congratulations Kirill it truly is a lovely tree, goes so wonderfully in your diorama! cheers
That's very interesting about the third tree; I've never seen it before. It's not a pine tree I don't think, looks more like a Yew Tree, but I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Sergey



Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia
Age : 50
Joined : 2010-09-22
Posts : 2786

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display   Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:58 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Congratulations Kirill it truly is a lovely tree, goes so wonderfully in your diorama! cheers
That's very interesting about the third tree; I've never seen it before. It's not a pine tree I don't think, looks more like a Yew Tree, but I could be wrong.


...Maybe Yew Tree (yes it,s not look as pine)... There was,nt name of third tree on the box. And on the official site the "third tree" is absent...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lasersword1973



Country/State : Philippines
Age : 43
Joined : 2010-04-04
Posts : 705

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display   Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:55 pm

That's a great tree, Kirill. Thanks for sharing. Maybe the same or even better than the Schleich Beech Tree? Well, anyway I will definitely add this tree into my collections by next year. bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha



Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine
Age : 36
Joined : 2010-04-19
Posts : 1051

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display   Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:25 pm

Thank you for appreciation, girls and boys!
And special thanks to Sergey for sending me this wonderful tree. Have you bought one for yourself, by the way?
As to the thirtd tree, that's a real riddle for me. Maybe it's a new model to be introduced in 2011? Or, vice versa, a discontinued model which is left only in the boxes' design???

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
That's a great tree, Kirill. Thanks for sharing. Maybe the same or even better than the Schleich Beech Tree?..
I haven't held the beech tree myself yet - it's not available in Kiev shops. Sad

_________________
Owners of miniature zoos on shelves, unite!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Sergey



Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia
Age : 50
Joined : 2010-09-22
Posts : 2786

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display   Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Thank you for appreciation, girls and boys!
And special thanks to Sergey for sending me this wonderful tree. Have you bought one for yourself, by the way?
As to the thirtd tree, that's a real riddle for me. Maybe it's a new model to be introduced in 2011? Or, vice versa, a discontinued model which is left only in the boxes' design???

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
That's a great tree, Kirill. Thanks for sharing. Maybe the same or even better than the Schleich Beech Tree?..
I haven't held the beech tree myself yet - it's not available in Kiev shops. Sad


...By the way - there are only Cicad-tree and Ginkgo Biloba by Collecta in the Petersburg,s shops (I,ll buy it of course some later)... I think Schleich Beech Tree (#30658) nice too. By the way - it,s some bigger as Ginkgo and it,s very beautiful tree (more better as Schleich,s oaks), but it cost about 60-70$!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Numaan
Moderator


Country/State : London, UK
Age : 36
Joined : 2010-06-18
Posts : 1292

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display   Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:32 pm

I cant find the Ginkgo or Cycad tress for sale anywhere in the UK. anyone have any idea and prices too?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin


Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 28289

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display   Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:18 pm

It is a fantastic tree !
I have never seen it on the net Shocked

Thanks for the pictures, too I love you

flower
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Kiryuha



Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine
Age : 36
Joined : 2010-04-19
Posts : 1051

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display   Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:31 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
...By the way - there are only Cicad-tree and Ginkgo Biloba by Collecta in the Petersburg,s shops (I,ll buy it of course some later)... I think Schleich Beech Tree (#30658) nice too. By the way - it,s some bigger as Ginkgo and it,s very beautiful tree (more better as Schleich,s oaks), but it cost about 60-70$!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Beech looks wonderful indeed, but I've never seen it here in Kiev - maybe our distributor thinks it's tooo expensive to be popular in Ukraine? scratch Anyway, I wouldn't buy it now cause it's too high for my shelves.

_________________
Owners of miniature zoos on shelves, unite!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
ken yeo



Country/State : Singapore
Age : 46
Joined : 2010-04-05
Posts : 5378

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display   Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
...By the way - there are only Cicad-tree and Ginkgo Biloba by Collecta in the Petersburg,s shops (I,ll buy it of course some later)... I think Schleich Beech Tree (#30658) nice too. By the way - it,s some bigger as Ginkgo and it,s very beautiful tree (more better as Schleich,s oaks), but it cost about 60-70$!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Beech looks wonderful indeed, but I've never seen it here in Kiev - maybe our distributor thinks it's tooo expensive to be popular in Ukraine? scratch Anyway, I wouldn't buy it now cause it's too high for my shelves.

according to the specs about 14inch tall. It is also too tall for most cabinet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collector/ken-yeo
Kiryuha



Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine
Age : 36
Joined : 2010-04-19
Posts : 1051

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display   Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:10 pm

I've heard from HyenaSean on LG Forum that Collecta is goin' to discontinue all its trees. If that's true - that's a great pity.

_________________
Owners of miniature zoos on shelves, unite!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
HKHollinstone
Moderator


Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 24
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11310

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display   Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:13 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I've heard from HyenaSean on LG Forum that Collecta is goin' to discontinue all its trees. If that's true - that's a great pity.
What a shame! Neutral Sad
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Numaan
Moderator


Country/State : London, UK
Age : 36
Joined : 2010-06-18
Posts : 1292

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display   Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:48 pm

Can anyone recommend UK/European companies and websites that are selling the CollectA trees? Let me know thanks
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin


Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 28289

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display   Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:03 pm

Schleichzoo wrote:
Can anyone recommend UK/European companies and websites that are selling the CollectA trees? Let me know thanks

The only place I have found it is here, - in Australia :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It is a very good shop in my experience, and they aren´t that expensive shipping, - anyway it would not jharm to ask Wink

santa rendeer
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Numaan
Moderator


Country/State : London, UK
Age : 36
Joined : 2010-06-18
Posts : 1292

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display   Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:44 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:


The only place I have found it is here, - in Australia :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It is a very good shop in my experience, and they aren´t that expensive shipping, - anyway it would not jharm to ask Wink

santa rendeer

Thanks Susanne! Your a star! :-)
Back to top Go down
alexmotoc



Country/State : Romania
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-07-08
Posts : 249

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display   Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:20 pm

Hi, i found here in our shop the ciclide tree. it a mall shop (they don,t have a website) and it cost 17 euro. they have today a ginko ,which i buy it for us , and three ciclide trees.if you are intrested think about a payement mode and give me a sign Wink
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha



Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine
Age : 36
Joined : 2010-04-19
Posts : 1051

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display   Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:44 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hi, i found here in our shop the ciclide tree. it a mall shop (they don,t have a website) and it cost 17 euro. they have today a ginko ,which i buy it for us , and three ciclide trees.if you are intrested think about a payement mode and give me a sign Wink
I'm interested! Do you use PayPal?
By the way, what city do you reside in?

_________________
Owners of miniature zoos on shelves, unite!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Numaan
Moderator


Country/State : London, UK
Age : 36
Joined : 2010-06-18
Posts : 1292

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display   Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:23 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hi, i found here in our shop the ciclide tree. it a mall shop (they don,t have a website) and it cost 17 euro. they have today a ginko ,which i buy it for us , and three ciclide trees.if you are intrested think about a payement mode and give me a sign Wink
I'm interested! Do you use PayPal?
By the way, what city do you reside in?

I am interested too (possibly, depending on fnances!)

do let us know how much each tree is and when they will be in stock if only one is in stock and also the postage rate to send to the uk.

thanks
Back to top Go down
Numaan
Moderator


Country/State : London, UK
Age : 36
Joined : 2010-06-18
Posts : 1292

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display   Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:26 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I've heard from HyenaSean on LG Forum that Collecta is goin' to discontinue all its trees. If that's true - that's a great pity.

I cna confirm that CollectA will NOT discontinue its trees. They will continue in 2011. I have had confirmation from a CollectA rep.

phew!!!
Back to top Go down
Numaan
Moderator


Country/State : London, UK
Age : 36
Joined : 2010-06-18
Posts : 1292

PostSubject: The third mysterious tree   Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:38 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:


By the way, I found two interesting things concerning the tree’s box. First, the box is totally localized for the Russian market: the text is translated into Russian and one can see a logo of Collecta’s distributor in Russia – Gulliver (it is even larger than Collecta’s logo itself).
Second, as we all know, there are only two trees which Collecta offers at its website - Ginkgo and Cycad. But there is a picture and even the model number (88367) of the third tree!

Has anyone ever seen this third tree anywhere except Collecta boxes?

Hi I have some new news regarding this third tree. CollectA have indeed produced a third tree which is the one printed on the box BUT it is a prototype which has been created and there are no plans to release it in 2011. It will actually be released in 2012 depending on how well the current Ginkgo and Cycad trees sell. CollectA are going to wait and see how popular their current trees are throughout 2010 and 2011 before deciding to release this third model. so if we want to see it released we need to encourage more sales of these trees.

It is an awesome model and different to standard trees by Schleich. It will only be released if the current two trees do really well so it may or may not even be produced. I suppose they eagerly pictured it on the Russian boxes which is naughty really because they havent even mass produced it! Now I bet you want to know what species it is? Well it is a Metasequoia tree!

Here is another photo given to me by a special rep:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha



Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine
Age : 36
Joined : 2010-04-19
Posts : 1051

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display   Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:29 pm

Schleichzoo wrote:
Hi I have some new news regarding this third tree. CollectA have indeed produced a third tree which is the one printed on the box BUT it is a prototype which has been created and there are no plans to release it in 2011. It will actually be released in 2012 depending on how well the current Ginkgo and Cycad trees sell. CollectA are going to wait and see how popular their current trees are throughout 2010 and 2011 before deciding to release this third model. so if we want to see it released we need to encourage more sales of these trees.
It is an awesome model and different to standard trees by Schleich. It will only be released if the current two trees do really well so it may or may not even be produced. I suppose they eagerly pictured it on the Russian boxes which is naughty really because they havent even mass produced it! Now I bet you want to know what species it is? Well it is a Metasequoia tree!
Many thanks for the info and good news, Numaan!!!
Metasequoia, you say? Another relict that survived only in China. I don't even know which zoogeographic display might it theoretically fit scratch

_________________
Owners of miniature zoos on shelves, unite!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Sergey



Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia
Age : 50
Joined : 2010-09-22
Posts : 2786

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display   Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:48 pm

Hi I have some new news regarding this third tree. CollectA have indeed produced a third tree which is the one printed on the box BUT it is a prototype which has been created and there are no plans to release it in 2011. It will actually be released in 2012 depending on how well the current Ginkgo and Cycad trees sell. CollectA are going to wait and see how popular their current trees are throughout 2010 and 2011 before deciding to release this third model. so if we want to see it released we need to encourage more sales of these trees.

It is an awesome model and different to standard trees by Schleich. It will only be released if the current two trees do really well so it may or may not even be produced. I suppose they eagerly pictured it on the Russian boxes which is naughty really because they havent even mass produced it! Now I bet you want to know what species it is? Well it is a Metasequoia tree!

...Ou, thank,s Numaan! The Metasequoia tree? scratch Hm... interesting... By the way in my opinion this tree-model is most beautiful and interesting... I think the all three Collecta,s tree-models very unusual and can decorate any our displays! Wink Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
Numaan
Moderator


Country/State : London, UK
Age : 36
Joined : 2010-06-18
Posts : 1292

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display   Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:23 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

...Ou, thank,s Numaan! The Metasequoia tree? scratch Hm... interesting... By the way in my opinion this tree-model is most beautiful and interesting... I think the all three Collecta,s tree-models very unusual and can decorate any our displays! Wink Wink Wink

CollectA are making more exotic and unusual trees that are applicable to the days of the Dinosaur. You see then a CollectA dinosaur Collecta has tree models which is really for sure with the dinosaura and of course wildlife but it is the dino collector that these trees are aimed at.

I dont mind. Schleich makes great trees around today and at least with the CollectA ones we have something different.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display   Today at 1:14 am

Back to top Go down
 
CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Ginkgo biloba
» Ginkgo Biloba "Mariken"
» Can a Ginkgo tree be grown indoors? (Zone 5)
» Advice on growing Ginko biloba from seed
» Ground growing Ginkgo ?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: CollectA-
Jump to: