Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display

Go down 
+9
nyarlahotep
alexmotoc
SUSANNE
Numa
Lasersword1973
HKHollinstone
ken yeo
Sergey
Kiryuha
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display   CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 3:40 pm

Sergey wrote:
..The Metasequoia tree? scratch Hm... interesting... By the way in my opinion this tree-model is most beautiful and interesting...
For my taste Ginkgo is the best:
1) it looks good;
2) it looks more or less generic and thus could fit different zoogeographic displays (East and South Asia, N./S. America, even Europe). While the Cycad tree couldn't be placed in Europe or N. America.

Schleichzoo wrote:
... Schleich makes great trees around today and at least with the CollectA ones we have something different.
Yeah, and that is great! Trees are somehow overlooked by major brands, and it's good to have a choice.
I wish Safari introduced more modern trees, apart from the new prehistoric ones.

Last edited by Kiryuha on Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
nyarlahotep

Country/State : kentucky

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display   CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 6:53 am

I also purchased this tree. It's really a nice model. My only complaint is that it's a bit tougher to assemble than the Schleich trees. It's a fight to get some of the foliage onto the branches. I suppose it's not too big of a deal. It probably won't dissuade me from buying the cycad in the future.
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display   CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 11:48 am

nyarlahotep wrote:
I also purchased this tree. It's really a nice model. My only complaint is that it's a bit tougher to assemble than the Schleich trees. It's a fight to get some of the foliage onto the branches. I suppose it's not too big of a deal....
You're right. But it has its good side: the more canopy parts - the more realistic a tree is looking.

Shardur

Shardur

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display   CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 11:43 pm

Greetings,

I'm also interested in the mysterious third tree an I hope it will be released.

There is a german shop who also sells CollectA dinosaurs: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Here I got my trees, the Gingko and the Cycadee. You can also find the shop on amazon.

And I have found a belgian homepage: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

P.S. The trees came in the same boxes as on the pictures, but not in Russian language.
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display   CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 10:52 pm

Lasersword1973 wrote:
That's a great tree, Kirill. ... Maybe the same or even better than the Schleich Beech Tree? I will definitely add this tree into my collections by next year. bounce bounce bounce
I'd like to return to this topic as I received Schleich beech from MPV the day before yesterday. And I must admit that it's a real masterpiece, the best tree model I ever seen!!! Sad(o)): The beech is definitely better than the Ginkgo.
Look at these two happy collectors:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display   CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 10:56 pm

I agree ! It is SO great !
I used it as a gift to several children when it was easily available , and they LOVED it too cheers

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display   CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 12:14 am

What a beautiful tree! Congratulations cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display   CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 6:30 pm

A very nice tree!! Congrats cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display   CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:23 pm

Very nice tree Kirill Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display   CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 10:00 pm

Numaan,
what happened with metasecuoya tree. Have you got any information about that prototype?

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display   CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA Ginkgo Biloba: a gorgeous tree for an Asian display
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2