Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The topic "Animals where you live" won the SUY for December" Very Happy

Share | 

Papo Atlantic Puffin and Pelican don't stand up

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Papo Atlantic Puffin and Pelican don't stand up   Fri May 10, 2013 2:31 pm

i have bought these beautiful animals but they go down very easy. Evil or Very Mad what do l do?
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo Atlantic Puffin and Pelican don't stand up   Fri May 10, 2013 3:34 pm

I only know the problem, not the solution scratch

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Papo Atlantic Puffin and Pelican don't stand up   Fri May 10, 2013 5:06 pm

You can try heating their faulty parts (presumably legs) with either a candle flame (accurate and relatively safe) or near-boiling hot water (more dangerous and certainly messier) - or, ideally, a heat gun. Heat the spot very gradually and keep the source of heat (if you aren't using water) at a sufficient distance to the plastic lest it burn or swell. (This means 10-20cm above a candle flame, heating the part during the course of a minute or more, depending on its thickness.)

Try the part occasionally to see if it bends readily. Once it does, bend it to the desired shape, then submerge the figurine in cold water to set it in its new position. If you need to bend closely situated multiple parts, do them one at a time and cool the figurine in between, so that the part you heated first doesn't re-soften faster than the second part you want to heat. You can bend a part multiple times without damage if you are careful enough.

This is a simple, quick fix for any balance issues with plastic models, especially the ones made out of the slightly bendy plastic (such as Papo, Schleich, Bullyland etc. as opposed to the cellulose acetate-based Breyer-type hard plastic). Good luck!
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia, Spain

PostSubject: Re: Papo Atlantic Puffin and Pelican don't stand up   Sat May 11, 2013 10:39 am

The same with my puffin, sometimes stands up, but some time later it falls down Mad
I think he drinks at nights Shocked drunken

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
AlopexLagopus

Country/State : italy

PostSubject: Re: Papo Atlantic Puffin and Pelican don't stand up   Sat May 11, 2013 12:11 pm

Same problem with bullyland foxes Laughing
they required some patient...

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Papo Atlantic Puffin and Pelican don't stand up   Sun May 12, 2013 2:55 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
You can try heating their faulty parts (presumably legs) with either a candle flame (accurate and relatively safe) or near-boiling hot water (more dangerous and certainly messier) - or, ideally, a heat gun. Heat the spot very gradually and keep the source of heat (if you aren't using water) at a sufficient distance to the plastic lest it burn or swell. (This means 10-20cm above a candle flame, heating the part during the course of a minute or more, depending on its thickness.)

Try the part occasionally to see if it bends readily. Once it does, bend it to the desired shape, then submerge the figurine in cold water to set it in its new position. If you need to bend closely situated multiple parts, do them one at a time and cool the figurine in between, so that the part you heated first doesn't re-soften faster than the second part you want to heat. You can bend a part multiple times without damage if you are careful enough.

This is a simple, quick fix for any balance issues with plastic models, especially the ones made out of the slightly bendy plastic (such as Papo, Schleich, Bullyland etc. as opposed to the cellulose acetate-based Breyer-type hard plastic). Good luck!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH cheers
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Papo Atlantic Puffin and Pelican don't stand up   Sun May 12, 2013 3:08 pm

You're very welome! I hope you get them to stand up by those means.

Lea K.  |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Papo Atlantic Puffin and Pelican don't stand up   Today at 1:12 pm

Back to top Go down

Papo Atlantic Puffin and Pelican don't stand up
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1