Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 
 

 Sauropodomorphs and other dinos considerations... And Black rhinos too

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Sergey



Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia
Age : 50
Joined : 2010-09-22
Posts : 2786

PostSubject: Re: Sauropodomorphs and other dinos considerations... And Black rhinos too   Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:48 pm

...It,s very impressive realistic dinosaurs! And very expensive, yeah? Nice models without questions, by the way - sauropod model is diplodocus or seismosaurus? There are most large sauropods on this pics...

(top-down) (lagest length - 60 m)
1. Amphicoelias fragillimus
2. Argentinosaurus huinculensis
3. Supersaurus vivianae
4. Diplodocus hallorum
5. Sauroposeidon proteles


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Last edited by Sergey on Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin


Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15201

PostSubject: Re: Sauropodomorphs and other dinos considerations... And Black rhinos too   Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not a diplodocus or seismosaurus... It is an apatosaurus !

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sergey



Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia
Age : 50
Joined : 2010-09-22
Posts : 2786

PostSubject: Re: Sauropodomorphs and other dinos considerations... And Black rhinos too   Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not a diplodocus or seismosaurus... It is an apatosaurus !


...Hm... for apatosaurus it,s very graceful... And what you say, Christoph, about long and supple tail like diplodocus tail? Laughing Laughing But yet who knows (as we,ve saw) it,s all possible on each brands! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin


Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15201

PostSubject: Re: Sauropodomorphs and other dinos considerations... And Black rhinos too   Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:43 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

...Hm... for apatosaurus it,s very graceful... And what you say, Christoph, about long and supple tail like diplodocus tail? Laughing Laughing But yet who knows (as we,ve saw) it,s all possible on each brands! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Seriously Sergey, why do you think diplodocus are graceful and apatosaurus aren't ? Why ?
Because, like all the people older than 40, we saw books with fat brontosaurus and slender diplodocus when we were young... That's the only reason.
Why do you think apatosaurus have a short tail ? The old book !
We are intoxicated with false datas...
that's maybe the only reason why the last Schleich looks like a fat brontosaurus with a fat tail, to be sure that the parents who would buy it won't be shocked by a slim apatosaurus with a long tail.

Now, look at the skeletal reconstructions : Here is a Diplodocus one

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And here is one of the apatosaurus reconstruction !

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And here is the Raderstudio model :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now repeat after me : Apatosaurus are not fat ! Apatosaurus have a long tail like a whip !
Believe me, you will recover Very Happy I will try to give you good medicine Laughing

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Ana



Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 29
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9254

PostSubject: Re: Sauropodomorphs and other dinos considerations... And Black rhinos too   Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:11 am

Thank You teacher Kiki Very Happy For me You are expert because You have MUCH better knowledge then me and I can learn from You Cool

Of course I remember some pictures of dinosaurs from the past and maybe that's why I imagine them stockier. But thanks to doctor Kiki my imagination will be updated Laughing

For me or my son I would rather buy Schleich or Papo version of course. I can't buy such expensive models like from Rater Studio site but I wanted to show it because it's interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kikimalou
Admin


Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15201

PostSubject: Re: Sauropodomorphs and other dinos considerations... And Black rhinos too   Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:36 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Thank You teacher Kiki Very Happy For me You are expert because You have MUCH better knowledge then me and I can learn from You Cool

Of course I remember some pictures of dinosaurs from the past and maybe that's why I imagine them stockier. But thanks to doctor Kiki my imagination will be updated Laughing

For me or my son I would rather buy Schleich or Papo version of course. I can't buy such expensive models like from Rater Studio site but I wanted to show it because it's interesting.


Oh no.... Shocked Poor and sad Kiki No

Please Ana, if there is one thing I will like to teach is how to buy a decent and accurate model.

If you want to buy a dino, go for arecent Safari and not a papo or Schleich.

Believe me, the artist you are will fall in love with them and you will give your son the great chance to play with dino toys which look like the real ones and not beautiful but false models. Wink

It's time to stop the curse of fat apatosaurus Very Happy

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Ana



Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 29
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9254

PostSubject: Re: Sauropodomorphs and other dinos considerations... And Black rhinos too   Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:42 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:


Oh no.... Shocked Poor and sad Kiki No

Please Ana, if there is one thing I will like to teach is how to buy a decent and accurate model.

If you want to buy a dino, go for arecent Safari and not a papo or Schleich.

Believe me, the artist you are will fall in love with them and you will give your son the great chance to play with dino toys which look like the real ones and not beautiful but false models. Wink

It's time to stop the curse of fat apatosaurus Very Happy

Laughing Ok, now I understand :) Safari are quite hard to get for me but I will think about it :) So none of Schleich or Papo dinos are accurate? I was thinking about 1 or 2 figures for beginning scratch

Ok I found the answer from You Kiki:shonisaurus, edmontonia, parasaurolophus or plateosaurus by Schleich. Right?

This is a lot for beginning. But maybe I will think how to get Safaris Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kikimalou
Admin


Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15201

PostSubject: Re: Sauropodomorphs and other dinos considerations... And Black rhinos too   Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:07 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:


Oh no.... Shocked Poor and sad Kiki No

Please Ana, if there is one thing I will like to teach is how to buy a decent and accurate model.

If you want to buy a dino, go for arecent Safari and not a papo or Schleich.

Believe me, the artist you are will fall in love with them and you will give your son the great chance to play with dino toys which look like the real ones and not beautiful but false models. Wink

It's time to stop the curse of fat apatosaurus Very Happy

Laughing Ok, now I understand :) Safari are quite hard to get for me but I will think about it :) So none of Schleich or Papo dinos are accurate? I was thinking about 1 or 2 figures for beginning scratch

Ok I found the answer from You Kiki:shonisaurus, edmontonia, parasaurolophus or plateosaurus by Schleich. Right?

This is a lot for beginning. But maybe I will think how to get Safaris Cool

I feel better now Laughing

I used to buy my Safari ltd here : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin


Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 20243

PostSubject: Re: Sauropodomorphs and other dinos considerations... And Black rhinos too   Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:36 pm

Today I saw, a live, for the first time, the sauropodas of Safari! A diplodocus and an apatosaurus!
And I think that Christophe is absolutly right! There is something that gaves him reason... he don't use words like ... very beautiful... so cute... very colourful, etc. He explains logically his points of view!
I like it! The dinos are absolutly well donne!
Of course I'm not saying that he is God! But Bacchus... maybe!!! :)
Back to top Go down
Sergey



Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia
Age : 50
Joined : 2010-09-22
Posts : 2786

PostSubject: Re: Sauropodomorphs and other dinos considerations... And Black rhinos too   Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Today I saw, a live, for the first time, the sauropodas of Safari! A diplodocus and an apatosaurus!
And I think that Christophe is absolutly right! There is something that gaves him reason... he don't use words like ... very beautiful... so cute... very colourful, etc. He explains logically his points of view!
I like it! The dinos are absolutly well donne!
Of course I'm not saying that he is God! But Bacchus... maybe!!! :)




... Hm... That is the result of our dialogue with Christoph? scratch scratch I don,t understand about it... scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin


Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 20243

PostSubject: Re: Sauropodomorphs and other dinos considerations... And Black rhinos too   Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Today I saw, a live, for the first time, the sauropodas of Safari! A diplodocus and an apatosaurus!
And I think that Christophe is absolutly right! There is something that gaves him reason... he don't use words like ... very beautiful... so cute... very colourful, etc. He explains logically his points of view!
I like it! The dinos are absolutly well donne!
Of course I'm not saying that he is God! But Bacchus... maybe!!! :)




... Hm... That is the result of our dialogue with Christoph? scratch scratch I don,t understand about it... scratch scratch

Sergey, I love and pay atention to your oppinions too... I did it with almost of the people in this forum!

I hope I'm not turning in a Crazy Portuguese Croc!!!Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sergey



Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia
Age : 50
Joined : 2010-09-22
Posts : 2786

PostSubject: Re: Sauropodomorphs and other dinos considerations... And Black rhinos too   Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:50 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Today I saw, a live, for the first time, the sauropodas of Safari! A diplodocus and an apatosaurus!
And I think that Christophe is absolutly right! There is something that gaves him reason... he don't use words like ... very beautiful... so cute... very colourful, etc. He explains logically his points of view!
I like it! The dinos are absolutly well donne!
Of course I'm not saying that he is God! But Bacchus... maybe!!! :)




... Hm... That is the result of our dialogue with Christoph? scratch scratch I don,t understand about it... scratch scratch

Sergey, I love and pay atention to your oppinions too... I did it with almost of the people in this forum!

I hope I'm not turning in a Crazy Portuguese Croc!!!Laughing


Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Ok, and this sounds more better! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

P.S. It was maybe my poor joke! Wink Wink Wink





Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Sauropodomorphs and other dinos considerations... And Black rhinos too   Today at 6:55 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Sauropodomorphs and other dinos considerations... And Black rhinos too
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
 Similar topics
-
» Black rhinos comparisons pics: BULLYLAND, SCHLEICH and PAPO
» Black rose dragon and Beast of the pharaoh.
» The Flat/Satin Black Thread
» Black and clear glass perfume atomiser with bubbles
» Black Out Pillars on the Wagon

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: General reviews and discussions-
Jump to: