Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The topic "Animals where you live" won the SUY for December" Very Happy

Share | 

Starting with Mojö

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bongo

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Starting with Mojö   Sat May 18, 2013 6:02 pm

Yesterday my first Mojö Fun Models has arrived-so this is the beginning of my Mojö Collection.Together with Collecta , it is a phantastic alternate to Schleich, which is getting more and more a dissapointing brand, because of their new, worst Quality since years and of Course of their decision not doing "unusal"species.

So here are my first Mojö's, all togehter on one Picture. I've bought them via Mifu, the german Onlinestore whcih i've found a few days ago-I can recommend it-low Prices and qquick delivery.

This is the best Hippo Figurine I've ever seen, wonderful realistic and a great , natural looking colour. In compare to it, the new Schleich Hippo is looking like a Comic style toy Figurine...

Back to top Go down
Bongo

PostSubject: Re: Starting with Mojö   Sat May 18, 2013 6:07 pm

And her is the magnificant White rhino:

Hopefully Mojö will give us also a calf to it...And if we collectors will ever get a Sumatran or Javan Rhino-than it will come from Mojö or Collecta, and never from Schleich,Papo or Safari.
Back to top Go down
Bongo

PostSubject: Re: Starting with Mojö   Sat May 18, 2013 6:12 pm

Especially I love Mojö's Cape Buffalo-he Looks awesome and he is a great Addition to my little cape buffalo herd-Pictures of them will follow.

The Thomsonons Gazelle male and his calf are nice, too, but that good as like as the collecta antelopes. Nevertheless, I hope for Mojös promised Bongo and I also hope for more other Antelopes-Duikers,Hartebeest,Mountain Nyala and not to Forget- Gerenuks !

Back to top Go down
Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Starting with Mojö   Sat May 18, 2013 6:13 pm

Beautiful new additions! I have the Mojo hippo and she's one of my all-time favorites - maybe the only one that can compete with Papopotamus when it comes to realism and detail.

And I see you have the old Schleich hippopotamama! Any chance of a walkaround?
Back to top Go down
http://yakinasack.blogspot.com/
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Starting with Mojö   Sat May 18, 2013 6:56 pm

Congratulations with your new fan stars cheers

Poor Schleich hippo, he is doing his best, but.... What a Face Laughing

Thanks for the great photoes sunny

AlopexLagopus

Country/State : italy

PostSubject: Re: Starting with Mojö   Sat May 18, 2013 6:59 pm

wonderfull made! Congratulations! The hippo is a pleasure for eyes Very Happy

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Starting with Mojö   Sat May 18, 2013 7:00 pm

Congratulations these are great animals Sad(o)): cheers

PostSubject: Re: Starting with Mojö   Sat May 18, 2013 7:55 pm

A wonderful start for Mojö!! Very wonderful animals !!! Congratulations cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Starting with Mojö   Sat May 18, 2013 10:22 pm

This is a fantastic start with very good choices. Actually all of them are excelent figures. In my opinion, also gazelles are very well done, only it is not possible to make them as delicate as they are in real. Also, they are not as impressive animals as large antelopes. The buffalo as an African "transpiration" rarely seen. The rhino is truly detailed, only pose could be better and the hippo has the best hippo head from all brands. It doesn't means that all Schleich hippos look cartoons, I also don't like these recent ones but the old female was by far the best hippo from her time although it doesn't look excelent when compared with Mojo or Papo. Very Happy
Knowing how attached you are with Schleich, I am glad you're introducing other brands in your collection. As someone that wants realistic figures, I think CollectA and Mojo are giving something closer to what you really enjoy. Schleich in several reports, told that they are just designing their recent line to their target (children) without caring with older collectors. The brand feels confortable because they know that it doesn't matter how bad they make the figures because Schleich collectors will buy them all. I confess I thought it was true two years ago but now I can see that I was wrong, some Schleich enthusiast are really tired of new Schleich design and accepting much better the really great work and philosophy of these newer brands. Congratulations for these new additions! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Starting with Mojö   Sun May 19, 2013 2:09 pm

Thank you all for your nice comments, I'm really happy about my first Mojös, but I'm wondering, why Mifu dosen't have the Sable Antelope,so I have to buy them from another store. But Mifu told me, they will get in the new Mojös at the Beginning oj June, hopefully also the Gaur Bull...

@Roger.

The Mojö aren' the first animals of a another brand than Schleich in my collection, of course I have some Papo, Safari and also Collecta Animals, and some of unknown brands. Gazelles can be very impressive animals, too-so Soemmering and Dama Gazelles and of course Gerenuks...

Bad things what are you telling about Schleichs new way how they they do care about their fans, it gives me a really bad Feeling about this Company,and I don't know, if I will go on with my SChleich collection or not, it depends on the Quality of their models in the next year, but if theyreally don't care about us, because true Schleich fans will buy all animals dispite their Quality, I think, Schleich has to learn this isn't the fact...I know some collectors have stopped collecting Schleich since last Year, beucause of Collecta and Mojö, and maybe, I will be one of them in the new future.So at this time, it seems, I will not buy all horses of this year, I think so, nevertheless, my collection of them will be not complete anymore.Who cares, maybe I do a new start with Mojö Horses ?

But is interesting to know, my Toystore is selling as much Schelich models as they have done it in the past years,and the fact, we have now two more Onlinestores with Collecta and Mojö Animals could be a reason, Schleich isn't that popluar anymore even by their Goal buyers.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Starting with Mojö   Sun May 19, 2013 2:54 pm

Well, if you think 10 years ago, you'll see that Schleich range was very interesting in diversity and by far the best on market in quality. Papo hasn't started animal figures before 2004 and Safari was presenting a very uninteresting quality. After 2004 Papo introduced some top quality felines but the most part of remaining figures were not as good as Schleich and the manufacturing of the French brand was not as nice as it is now. Schleich started later focusing on more commercial figures what means less diversity and also replacing previous figures with new generations or even retouching some old molds. Not always representing a step forwards. On the other hand, almost all new Papo new generation figures, represent a big improvement in quality and sometimes a new reference on market. When CollectA started in 2006, the brand was almost unknow and only some of the figures were really competitive. Safari was already showing a much better quality and diversity at this time but always with a unpleasant painting and a strategy too much focused on North American market.
With the Mojo advent in 2011 and consequent CollectA reaction, a new era of animal toy figures started and some brands are clearly fighting to have the best figures and the most diversified range. This is obvious in HK brands while Safari and Papo kept their development strategy.
Schleich, these last years, is living under a huge pressure, HG Capitals bought it to sell this year and made everything to turn the brand profitable enough to make a great selling business. They decreased the manufacturing quality and concentrated their efforts on more toyish figures thinking in their main target, children and insisting on more common animals. One of their phrases last year was "no experimentalism" in a clear alusion to their lack of innovation and calling experimentalism to the innovations of other similar brands.
HG Capitals wasn't able of selling the brand and I hope it works as a lesson to they understand that the strong point of Schleich is their quality and the prestige the brand won amongst collectors. There is also the risk of a kind of "austerity program" that will make them reduce even more in production costs what can represent a wrong step to the future off the brand. It usually happens in brands that feel confortable with their commercial hegemony. A sign of it is that this tread turned almost in a Schleich discussion although it is just a Mojo topic... and fault is mine. Laughing
I am not the best person to suggest complete series, I collect those I like best whatever the brand is. For example, my Friesian is a Schleich, my Shire is a CollectA, my Fjord is a Mojo,etc. and that's the way I collect. Very Happy

Country/State : US

PostSubject: Re: Starting with Mojö   Fri May 24, 2013 12:18 am

@Roger wrote:
Well, if you think 10 years ago, you'll see that Schleich range was very interesting in diversity and by far the best on market in quality. Papo hasn't started animal figures before 2004 and Safari was presenting a very uninteresting quality. After 2004 Papo introduced some top quality felines but the most part of remaining figures were not as good as Schleich and the manufacturing of the French brand was not as nice as it is now. Schleich started later focusing on more commercial figures what means less diversity and also replacing previous figures with new generations or even retouching some old molds. Not always representing a step forwards. On the other hand, almost all new Papo new generation figures, represent a big improvement in quality and sometimes a new reference on market. When CollectA started in 2006, the brand was almost unknow and only some of the figures were really competitive. Safari was already showing a much better quality and diversity at this time but always with a unpleasant painting and a strategy too much focused on North American market.
With the Mojo advent in 2011 and consequent CollectA reaction, a new era of animal toy figures started and some brands are clearly fighting to have the best figures and the most diversified range. This is obvious in HK brands while Safari and Papo kept their development strategy.
Schleich, these last years, is living under a huge pressure, HG Capitals bought it to sell this year and made everything to turn the brand profitable enough to make a great selling business. They decreased the manufacturing quality and concentrated their efforts on more toyish figures thinking in their main target, children and insisting on more common animals. One of their phrases last year was "no experimentalism" in a clear alusion to their lack of innovation and calling experimentalism to the innovations of other similar brands.
HG Capitals wasn't able of selling the brand and I hope it works as a lesson to they understand that the strong point of Schleich is their quality and the prestige the brand won amongst collectors. There is also the risk of a kind of "austerity program" that will make them reduce even more in production costs what can represent a wrong step to the future off the brand. It usually happens in brands that feel confortable with their commercial hegemony. A sign of it is that this tread turned almost in a Schleich discussion although it is just a Mojo topic... and fault is mine. Laughing
I am not the best person to suggest complete series, I collect those I like best whatever the brand is. For example, my Friesian is a Schleich, my Shire is a CollectA, my Fjord is a Mojo,etc. and that's the way I collect. Very Happy
That's really interesting, thanks for the info. Wink

PostSubject: Re: Starting with Mojö   Fri May 24, 2013 8:01 am

@carnivalwolf17 wrote:
@Roger wrote:

Welcome here

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Starting with Mojö   Fri May 24, 2013 9:29 am

@carnivalwolf17 wrote:

You're welcome and welcome on forum! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Starting with Mojö   Today at 3:30 am

Back to top Go down

Starting with Mojö
View previous topic View next topic Back to top