Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs)

Go down 
+17
Kikimalou
Miss Jane
Florian
AlienMantis
NandO
animalluvr6
arafan
HKHollinstone
cattlecollector
Saarlooswolfhound
Elros Alvar
Roger
Ana
SUSANNE
widukind
Fisva
koniminiatures
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs)   Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 7:51 am

He's gorgeous Lea, Emilia must be thrilled with him cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs)   Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 5:59 pm

Thank you everyone! Harriet, I hear she wasn't entirely displeased. Perhaps she'll pop by the forum later on and show us all the lovely Yujin dogs she got in the trade - now, those are something to be thrilled with!

koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs)   Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 7:00 pm

Here are some dog collars and harness I did recently to stretch my fingers and brain in between sculpting hours. I've worked the leather from scraps of varying grains and thicknesses, and the hardware (excepting chain and nailheads) is handmade too, bent from wire. The tags were cut out of plastic advertisements.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

(The rolled leather of the Alsatian's half-choke collar is stiff still, and needed something to pull on the chain in order to stay in shape. Hence the random sewing thread descending from the heavens.)

The Boxer's collar sports a feeble attempt at beading. The beads were far too large and the leather too thin for a cut insertion, so they sit too high.

The Whippet and setter's collars are half-choke and quick-release respectively, with coiled spring locks fashioned from silver wire.

Last edited by koniminiatures on Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:40 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs)   Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 7:06 pm

Great again Applause Applause Applause 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs)   Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 11:55 am

They're pretty neat - so tiny! Must have been a fiddly job making them!  
What brand is the sitting Doberman?

Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs)   Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 6:45 pm

Thanks, both, for your comments. The seated Dobermann is Maia + Borges.

AlienMantis

AlienMantis

Country/State : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs)   Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 7:28 pm

Im allways impressed, how real can thinny collars look :) I can't even imagine a leather so thinn :O

What brand is boxer? :)

animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs)   Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 8:53 pm

Wow, those collars are impressive, I love them! Congrats! Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs)   Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 9:31 pm

Thank you kindly, both! The Boxer is Chap Mei.

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs)   Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 9:38 pm

Great customs and great collars etc! I love them all, I wouldn't have the patience for it, so I commend you.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs)   Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 10:00 pm

Thanks! The collars and other tack are fiddly work indeed. Perhaps ironically, they're also what I tend to do (well, besides quiet swearing and furious coffee) when I lose my patience for the sculpting and customising. They're angry collars, these.

koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs)   Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 4:08 am

Here are a few quick customs I've done recently. First is a slightly repositioned repaint of the Safari River toob otter:
[Edit May 31st, 2014: Sorry, I lost that pic, it appears.]

And a quick repaint of the Safari Desert toob roadrunner together with a repainted Schleich cat who was also resculpted to have polydactylia of the front paws, thicker cheeks and more of a belly (he was a portrait piece, so..).

Last edited by koniminiatures on Sat May 31, 2014 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs)   Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 5:53 am

FANTASTIC WORK. Congrats Lea.Applause Applause 

Miss Jane

Miss Jane

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs)   Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 6:11 am

I love the cat, it is fantastic. Excellent work!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs)   Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 7:37 am

I love the small roadrunner cheers 
Back to top Go down
NandO

NandO

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs)   Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 8:09 am

i love the road runner lea..... cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 
please upload more foto lea.. i like his eyes....cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs)   Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 8:56 am

I love the cat!! They're all wonderful though! cheers

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs)   Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 10:11 am

Fantastic work cheers 
Good to see your work again here Very Happy 

Fisva

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs)   Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 10:20 am

Beautiful customs!!! The cat looks fantastic now bounce bounce Applause Applause 

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs)   Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 10:44 am

Ooooh! That cat!!! <3 Congrats on such beautiful work cheers  cheers  Applause 

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs)   Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 11:25 am

Beautieful work cheers cheers cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs)   Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 11:57 am

Thank you very much, everyone! I'll take more pictures of the roadrunner for you, Nando, as soon as I get back home from work.

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs)   Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:36 pm

Wonderful work! I love the Schleich cat. cheers

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs)   Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:42 pm

Wonderful new works Lea! Cat is absolutely adorable and roadrunner is very beautiful Very Happy cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs)   Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 2:58 pm

Great work! That cat is perfect, it looks like a living animal.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs)   Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Konimini's customs (took over the old suricate thread for general customs)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next