Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou

Go down 
+6
AlopexLagopus
lucky luke
arafan
widukind
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou   Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 5:27 am

Like some of you, I' the proud owner of the fantastic snow leopard model made by Ana. Until now I didn't find enough time to share a few pics with you Sleep. At last, here is my tribute to Ana's art  cheers

The snow leopard (Panthera uncia) is a moderately large cat native to the mountainous areas of central Asia, with the majority of snow leopards located in the Tibetan region of China. it is generally found at elevations between 3,000 to 4,500 metres in steep terrain broken by cliffs, ridges, gullies and rocky outcrops.

The snow leopard is classified as Endangered (EN) on the IUCN Red List.

It is a white to smokey-grey colour, with yellow tinged fur and patterned dark-grey to black rosettes and spots. The snow leopard has many adaptations for its cold habitat; long body hair and thick, woolly belly fur, large paws and a well-developed chest and enlarged nasal cavity that warms the cold air as it is breathed in. The long, thick tail is almost a metre in length and is used for balance and as added insulation when wrapped around the body and face at rest. The short forelimbs and long hind limbs enable this leopard to be particularly agile in its steep and rugged habitat. Unusually among cats, their eyes are pale green or grey in colour.

It can kill animals more than three to four times his own weight, such as the bharal, Himalayan tahr, markhor and argali, but will readily take much smaller prey, such as hares and birds. It is capable of killing most animals in its range with the probable exception of the adult male yak. Unusually among cats, snow leopard also eat a significant amount of vegetation, including grass and twigs.

Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou Snow_Leopard_Anna_1

Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou Snow_Leopard_Anna_2

Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou Snow_Leopard_Anna_3

Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou Snow_Leopard_Anna_4

Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou Snow_Leopard_Anna_5

Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou Snow_Leopard_Anna_6

Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou Snow_Leopard_Anna_7

Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou Snow_Leopard_Anna_8

Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou Snow_Leopard_Anna_9

Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou Snow_Leopard_Anna_10

Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou Snow_Leopard_Anna_11

Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou Snow_Leopard_Anna_12

Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou Snow_Leopard_Anna_13

Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou Snow_Leopard_Anna_14

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou   Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 8:58 am

Ohh! Christophe, it is SO lovely ! A fantastic model of this unusual and gorgeous cat I love you drunken

Thankyou very much for the wonderful pictures, and HURRAY for Anna cheers

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou   Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 9:04 am

Phantastic pics from a unbelievable model!! Thank you very much Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause 

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou   Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 10:25 am

Oh he's (or she's?) great
Congratulation and thank you for the pictures :)

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou   Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 11:25 am

Beautiful, Magistrale Sculptural Majestic! Cool sunny cheers

queen :monkey I love you Wink
Back to top Go down
AlopexLagopus

AlopexLagopus

Country/State : italy

PostSubject: Re: Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou   Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 1:19 pm

I love you beautifull

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou   Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 12:04 am

It was surely a huge challenge to Ana even considering her not measurable talent. Felines are surely very hard to performe and Ana was competent as usual. Your fantastic walk around shows how fantastic is the figure. cheers

bjarki12

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou   Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 2:47 am

Ana, I didn't know you had made a Snow Leopard! It looks wonderful!

And congratulations, Kikimalou! What a great addition!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou   Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 4:17 am

Thank you for Anna's work cheers

Felines seem more difficult to do IMHO and our friend did a very fine job... As usual Applause

I can't explain but it is like she managed to capture the melancholy of a winter day in the Himalayas. It reminds me the BBC "Planet earth" episode drunken

The more I look the model, the more I love it

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou   Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 11:12 am

Kikimalou wrote:

I can't explain but it is like she managed to capture the melancholy of a winter day in the Himalayas.

That's exactly the feeling of this model! I have a good idea for Mojo cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
Katty

Katty

Country/State : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou   Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 5:13 am

Congratulations! You are lucky to have one of Ana's masterpieces! She is so very talented. cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou   Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 7:30 am

Thank you Katrina Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou   Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

Ana's Snow leopard: A walkaround by kikimalou
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Customs and Homemade models :: Homemade and customised figures additions-
Jump to: