Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

New Additions to Monkey World

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sebillba

Country/State : Southsea, UK

PostSubject: New Additions to Monkey World   Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:18 pm

Grabbed myself a bargain from ebay this evening - 8 apes for less than a pound each! Very Happy I'm particularly pleased because tucked away in the middle of the lot is the wonderful Chap Mei Chimp, which I've been wanting for ages!! bounce monkey bounce I think I was lucky to get them so cheaply, because they were just listed as plastic monkeys and apes, no makers were mentioned.

Can anyone help me with what some of them are please? I know the Chap Mei Macaque (which is the only one I already have) and Chimp, and the Safari Chimp with baby, but I've no idea with the others. The Orangutan looks particularly nice. :)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: New Additions to Monkey World   Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:31 pm

Congratulations for this newcomers and that you find a long wished chimp cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

But sorry, i only know the lion-tailed macaque by Chap Mei Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: New Additions to Monkey World   Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:14 pm

Thanks Andreas! Very Happy I've just won these as well! cheers I'm not so bothered about the large gorilla, but the small monkey and chimp look really nice - any ideas what these might be? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: New Additions to Monkey World   Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Thanks Andreas! Very Happy I've just won these as well! cheers I'm not so bothered about the large gorilla, but the small monkey and chimp look really nice - any ideas what these might be? Very Happy

scratch scratch scratch no idea scratch scratch Very Happy

Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: New Additions to Monkey World   Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:27 pm

What a fantastic gang of monkeys monkey cheers
Some real beauties there , - I love that organutan , too ! It will be exiting to hear what brand she is bounce bounce

CONGRATULATIONS with them all Sad(o)):

sebillba

PostSubject: Re: New Additions to Monkey World   Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:10 pm

Both lots arrived this week - I'm particularly pleased with the first bunch. From left to right:

1) Chap Mei Lion Tailed Macaque - slightly different colour to my other one, I'll post comparison pictures later, when I have more time.
2) Chimp from AAA
3) Small chimp - pre-school toy with no manufacturer's mark. Doesn't really fit with my collection, but still quite cute.
4) Gorilla - another pre-school toy, marked Made in China.
5) Chap Mei Chimp - the one I really wanted, and I'm not disappointed, I love him!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
6) Another unmarked chimp, but obviously the same make as #3.
7) Old Safari Chimp with baby - I already have the modern version, and am expecting the Toob version soon for my birthday - it will be fun to see them all together.
8.) Orangutan with baby - the other star of the show, made for ELC

The seller also threw in another ELC monkey as a freebie - again, I'll post a photo soon.

Unfortunately, the second lot wasn't such a good buy....

The big gorilla is a huge rubber monster!! Shocked It was sent in a shoe box, and virtually filled it. I'll probably give it to my little nephew.
The middle monkey is nice, but again bigger than I expected. Not huge, but still too far out of scale to my other monkeys. It's just marked Made in China, and is hollow plastic.
The chimp is another from AAA, and the brother to #2 in the first lot, so that was quite a nice surprise. Still, I'm not so keen on the scale or quality of AAA models, but these are my first examples of this make, so interesting to see "in the plastic".
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: New Additions to Monkey World   Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:54 am

That is the fun of collecting! Sometimes we find some great figures, sometimes not! monkey
Maybe you can trade them on forum? I also don't usually feel atracted by AAA style but they belong to the same concept of toys although they are usually larger. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: New Additions to Monkey World   Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:01 am

Congratulation Very Happy I have a special taste for the orang-utan Cool

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: New Additions to Monkey World   Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:06 am

Congratulation, I like your Orangutan too!

sebillba

PostSubject: Re: New Additions to Monkey World   Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:31 pm

Thank you all! I'll try to get some photos up tomorrow, and will pay special attention to the orang. Laughing
Back to top Go down
sebillba

PostSubject: Re: New Additions to Monkey World   Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:15 pm

I took a few photos this morning, and started a couple of new threads... one for the Orang: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and one for the Chap Meis: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 

The other random stuff I'll post here.....

The old Safari chimp compared to her modern counterpart:

The slightly freaky AAA chimps, with their red eyes and nostrils, I call them the Vampire Chimps! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
sebillba

PostSubject: Re: New Additions to Monkey World   Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:20 pm

I was hoping this monkey would fit in well with my other monkeys....

Unfortunately not.... here he is with the Safari Spider Monkey, to compare sizes...

If anyone likes this larger scale, I am open to offer for trades for any other monkey or ape. :)
Back to top Go down
sebillba

PostSubject: Re: New Additions to Monkey World   Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:23 pm

Finally, here are the pre-school apes. I'm not sure if the gorilla is from the same set, but they seem to go quite well together...

Family portrait...

Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: New Additions to Monkey World   Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:51 pm

Nice pics Very Happy

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: New Additions to Monkey World   Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:06 pm

Very nice collection, congrats! cheers  And AAA vampire chimps are really crazy, I would say almost creepy alien

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
sebillba

PostSubject: Re: New Additions to Monkey World   Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:57 pm

Thanks guys! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: New Additions to Monkey World   Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:03 am

I enjoy thematic collections to enjoy the different interpretations of the brands according with their target, strategy, period, material, price, etc. This is even more interesting with primates once they have a physiognomy easily readable for us humans but are always very hard to get in toy shape. monkey

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sebillba

PostSubject: Re: New Additions to Monkey World   Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:12 am

There is so much variety in the world of primates, and I've seen so many wonderful examples on this forum, but they are very hard to track down - impossible to find anything in shops (beyond the latest Schleich releases), and not much more online. Most of my collection is made up of chimps, gorillas and orangs, but I would love to add more small monkeys.  monkeymonkeymonkey
Back to top Go down
NandO

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: New Additions to Monkey World   Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:37 am

rise of the apes... Very Happy cheers

PostSubject: Re: New Additions to Monkey World   Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:47 am

Indeed! I always refer to my collection as "Monkey World", after the ape rescue centre in the UK: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] .... but maybe I should start calling it Planet of the Apes!!
Laughingmonkeybouncemonkey
Back to top Go down
sebillba

PostSubject: Re: New Additions to Monkey World   Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:22 pm

Here are my birthday monkeys.... the CollectA chimp family, the new Bullyland chimp, the Papo Lar Gibbon, and the Safari Monkey Toob.... monkey monkey monkey 

Most of these have been seen before, so I haven't done too many close-ups, but here are a few...

First up, the Toob Monkeys.... I was going to buy these ages ago, but wasn't too impressed with the quality in close-up photos, so didn't bother. However, I decided I needed a lot more variety in my primate collection, and these certainly add a lot of new species. In hand, they're much better than I expected - they're very small, and hold quite a lot of detail for this size.

You may have spotted a couple of extra chimps - these are actually from Kinder Eggs (another of my many collections!) - I already had these, but thought they went very well with the Toob chimps....

I like these small monkeys a lot, as they're pretty close in scale to my Schleich (for example) primates. The only one that lets them down is the Squirrel Monkey - the eyes don't look right at all, they're not sculpted on, just a couple of black dots painted on a pink smudge, and they're too low on the face. Maybe I'm being nitpicky, but it looks more like a snout than eyes.

Back to top Go down
sebillba

PostSubject: Re: New Additions to Monkey World   Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:39 pm

I like my CollectA family a lot, they've got a lot of character, especially the dad. I've been trying to get these at a reasonable price for quite a while - in the end, I had to buy them from an Australian seller, so the shipping cost as much as the figures themselves!
I'm a bit disappointed with the quality of the Bullyland chimp - the catalogue photo (which ebay sellers also use) is much better.... like other Bullyland (and also most Schleich) chimps, the figures are cast in a flesh coloured plastic, with the black fur painted on - I always like this better, as they look more realistic, and the facial sculpt retains all its detail. Unfortunately this production model is reversed - it's molded in black plastic, and the painted face looks cheap, and has lost a lot of detail. It actually looks better in my photo than in hand...

Not a very good photo, but here's my lar gibbon. I like him a lot!

The chimp troop all together.... do you think I like chimps???!!!!! monkey monkey monkey 

Back to top Go down
NandO

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: New Additions to Monkey World   Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:02 am

RISE OF THE APES againn Applause bounce Laughing cheers cheers 

PostSubject: Re: New Additions to Monkey World   Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:24 am

Great additions!!cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: New Additions to Monkey World   Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:32 am

Very very nice monkeys!!! Great birthday presents, congratulations!!! cheers