Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA

Go down 
+31
ulinuk
NightLioness
JonasV
costicuba
CilleDK
MARTINLATIN
bojan
Carola
LeeAnn
Gulogulo76
Silver Unicornis
Juan Andrés
NandO
pouchedrat
Florian
Taos
blackdanter
Takama
LukaLeon085
SyLoBe
schleichsammler2008
Ana
ken yeo
donny ong
lucky luke
landrover
Roger
SUSANNE
koniminiatures
widukind
Numa
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
blackdanter

blackdanter

Country/State : East Sussex, UK

Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA   Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 10:58 pm

Roger wrote:
Thaks for these great pictures! :DMay I say that I love the way tylo is painted? Interesting facial mask and tail strips. Very Happy
Do they made the sarcosuchus? alienVery Happy

Thanks Roger. These were actually made for an Italian company called Hobby & Work Publishing (I have one figure that hasn't had the makers name removed). They were issued with a magazine periodical, or at least, that seems to have been the intent. Whether or not they were actually issued is anyone's guess! There does seem to be a Sarcosuchus but I've not been able to chase any down yet (it seems to be one of the rarer ones, as is the Olorotitan).
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA   Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 2:56 pm

blackdanter wrote:
Roger wrote:
Thaks for these great pictures! :DMay I say that I love the way tylo is painted? Interesting facial mask and tail strips. Very Happy
Do they made the sarcosuchus? alienVery Happy

Thanks Roger. These were actually made for an Italian company called Hobby & Work Publishing (I have one figure that hasn't had the makers name removed). They were issued with a magazine periodical, or at least, that seems to have been the intent. Whether or not they were actually issued is anyone's guess! There does seem to be a Sarcosuchus but I've not been able to chase any down yet (it seems to be one of the rarer ones, as is the Olorotitan).

Thanks for info! Let us know if you find the sarcosuchsu! Very Happy bounce Very Happy

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA   Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 5:42 pm

Found these in a discount store for £1 each[Poundland for those in the UK!:) ].They are obvious copies and I have included a picture of what they are sold as.They are reasonable copies but could do with better paintwork.They also had a tiger-the paintwork was awful and a horse which I didn't think much of!!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA   Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 5:47 pm

Oh, they are more scandalously copied than I thought! A better painting with that price? It would ruin CollectA! affraid
Have you noticed if they copied the fox? I would love to have it or any other copy to see how it look in real. Could you please pick one for me next time, Taylor? Very Happy

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA   Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 5:56 pm

Hi Roger-will certainly get the fox for you if he appears!So far the only copies are the ones in the photos and a tiger and a running horse.The best copy-shame to say it-is the wildebeeste.
Back to top Go down
Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA   Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 6:40 pm

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 

pouchedrat

pouchedrat

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA   Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 10:12 pm

Not sure if this is significant, but early last week, I popped into my local branch of Poundland, and happened to notice a series of plastic animal figures being sold individually in transparent plastic boxes which appeared to be inferior copies of some CollectA figures. I was particularly surprised to find amongst the wildlife series a cheap plastic version of CollectA's Black Wildebeest, with really shoddy paint work, which is what initially made me stop and browse, as I paid a pretty £££ for my CollectA Black Wildebeest when the figure was released last year, so I was quite surprised to see the same figure (although vastly inferior) selling for a pound. I was in Poundland a few days ago, and the figures were still there. Most of the wildlife had gone, but a selection of farm animals and some dinosaurs remained. As it goes, I don't own any CollectA farm animals/dinosaurs so couldn't say if the figures bore any resemblance to CollectA ? However, I can say for certain that the wildlife were definitely inferior looking versions of CollectA figures, because I have the genuine CollectA ones - Black Wildebeest, Male Lion, Zebra, Giraffe.
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA   Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 9:36 am

It really sucks! Mad  Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA   Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 1:28 pm

My previous thred to this shows the copies of the models available in Poundland.
Back to top Go down
NandO

NandO

PostSubject: Re: Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA   Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 4:27 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 
very nice price... and will be great for repaint.. ( real collectA too valuable to be repaint ) Laughing 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA   Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 10:12 am

NandO wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 
very nice price... and will be great for repaint.. ( real collectA too valuable to be repaint ) Laughing 

Good point cheers 

Juan Andrés

Juan Andrés

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA   Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 3:19 pm

Found a copy!:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad exclamation exclamation
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA   Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 3:41 pm

Holy S..... Shocked 
What an unfortunate model Laughing 

They even use CollectA`s logo ! tongue 

Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA   Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 6:56 pm

Aliexpress is quite known online shop which sells copies of almost everything Razz

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA   Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 8:31 pm

Mangalarga wrote:
Aliexpress is quite known online shop which sells copies of almost everything Razz
Ahhh ! Good to know Very Happy

Gulogulo76

Gulogulo76

Country/State : Oklahoma, USA

PostSubject: Re: Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA   Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 10:02 am

I have yet to see any CollectA animals in any of the stores anywhere near where I live. We mostly find Schleich, Mojo Fun, and Papo, and there aren't a whole lot of discount variety stores near where I live. Nevertheless, this copyright infringement is just awful! Just imagine collectors or little kids purchasing or receiving inferior quality CollectA rip-offs! Hopefully they will find the company and sue them for copyright infringement. Evil or Very Mad And that "stegosaur" looks like the cheap Imperial brand dinos I used to play with in the 1980s in my backyard! Hardly scientific or accurate!
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Copycat warning from CollectA   Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 2:10 pm

I received this in an email:

"Dear Friends and Fans of CollectA,

Copycat Warning!!

At CollectA, all products are developed from our original designs and so copyright protected.

Recently we have found copycats of our products in Greece and Italy. While we are vigorously taking legal actions to bring them to courts, we would like to draw your attention that although our animals may appear relatively simple to design and manufacture, they are actually not.  It takes us enormous time and efforts to develop an animal from concept to market. There are a lot of people – designers, consultants, workers, salesmen, just to name a few - with real mouths to feed behind the CollectA name and logo.  We therefore need for your understanding and support.

If you like our products and agree to our company’s vision, mission and approach, please support us by buying only our products, not cheap imitations or knockoffs of our products.  Before purchase, please check our company name and logo on the packaging and products.  Thank you!

The CollectA Team,   [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] "

With any good brand comes the imitators.  Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Schleich_Figures_4U on Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA   Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 4:30 pm

Schleich_Figures_4U wrote:

Exactly  cheers 

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA   Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 5:13 pm

Yeah ! I hope they get cought and get a HUGE fine  Suspect Suspect 

bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA   Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 5:51 pm

I saw the CollectA sets sold under the brand eduland for spanish department stores El Corte Ingles, but those are probably legal sets!

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA   Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 7:41 pm

I sold in the past jeans, it was my job. And so i know the problem with copies. And CollectA is my favourite "major" brand at the moment. And i think it is also much more difficult to find CollectA copies as CollrctA origins here in Germany.

I think copies are not okay if there is a copyright, but someties for vintage brands, but this is my opinion, it is not bad if sometimes exist copies. So copyed Yujin also PV.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA   Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 9:38 pm

I hope that they catch whoever did it.

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it is going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming. (One of my favorite archery quotes)
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA   Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 11:27 pm

Yeah, El Corte Ingles sells some Collecta under the name Eduland. But they are legal. I think it´s like a special collaboration, Eduland sells some sets you can´t find on Collecta (the sme animals but different combinations)

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
donny ong

PostSubject: Re: Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA   Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 3:41 am

Carola wrote:
Schleich_Figures_4U wrote:

Exactly  cheers 

Right, exactly.

Back to top Go down
donny ong

PostSubject: Re: Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA   Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 3:41 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Yeah ! I hope they get cought and get a HUGE fine  Suspect Suspect 

Agree!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA   Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Attention Collectors - Unnoficial copied Models sold officialy as CollectA
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next