Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

sunny Suggestions for the SUY of July, click HERE sunny

Share | 

Comparing the new 2013-fennecs from CollectA and Safari

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Comparing the new 2013-fennecs from CollectA and Safari    Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:57 pm

This year we were fortunate to get not only one , but TWO new fennecs cheers
This little dessert-dweller is one of the cutest looking critters I can imagine drunken

First, - here is a picture of a real, live one :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

scratch No doubt which one looks more realistic Wink

Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Comparing the new 2013-fennecs from CollectA and Safari    Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:58 pm

Great comparison Susanne :) They look lovely together, CollectA is more realistic but it's hard to resist having them both :) Congratulations! sunny

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Comparing the new 2013-fennecs from CollectA and Safari    Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:13 pm

Very nice additions cheers cheers cheers They looks very cute but i think the best fennec after Harriets models is the Yowie Uk version scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Comparing the new 2013-fennecs from CollectA and Safari    Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Great comparison Susanne :) They look lovely together, CollectA is more realistic but it's hard to resist having them both :) Congratulations! sunny

I am agree with you ANA.

Important topic Susanne,thanks you.

SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Comparing the new 2013-fennecs from CollectA and Safari    Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:34 pm

Thankyou very much, friends Very Happy

Yes, it is almost impossible to resist having both, isn`t it ? Embarassed Laughing

Andreas, I would LOVE to see a picture of the Yowie-fennec, if you can find the time bounce
I do not have it, - don`t think I have ever see it Crying or Very sad

But I have the tiny, little one from Starlux Very Happy

I am sure Carolynn would know that CollectA-fennec thinks Laughing Laughing

trevok4

Country/State : london UK

PostSubject: Re: Comparing the new 2013-fennecs from CollectA and Safari    Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:59 pm

alougth i find the collecta one more relistic i think the safari ltd one has a better pose

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Comparing the new 2013-fennecs from CollectA and Safari    Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:02 pm

They are both lovely figures and the CollectA one does look more realistic.
The Safari Fennec looks more like a new breed of lapdog I think.
A mix between a fox and adorable chiuaua.
It has such sweet puppy eyes. I love you

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Comparing the new 2013-fennecs from CollectA and Safari    Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:10 pm

Thankyou, Trevok Very Happy

The Safari Fennec looks more like a new breed of lapdog I think.
A mix between a fox and adorable chiuaua.
It has such sweet puppy eyes. I love you

cheers Laughing Laughing

bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Comparing the new 2013-fennecs from CollectA and Safari    Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:20 pm

Beautiful comparison pics! I like the CollectA more, but I will get the Safari also.
Who can resist 2 Fennec's at once after so many years of having none!?!

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Comparing the new 2013-fennecs from CollectA and Safari    Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:30 pm

These pictures are so helpful. I'm likely to get only one Fennec. It will be the CollectA: not only do I like the model more -- the shape, the coloring and painting, the features, the claws, eyes, ears -- I like the smaller size of the CollectA better as well.
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Comparing the new 2013-fennecs from CollectA and Safari    Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:04 pm

These pictures are so helpful. I'm likely to get only one Fennec. It will be the CollectA: not only do I like the model more -- the shape, the coloring and painting, the features, the claws, eyes, ears -- I like the smaller size of the CollectA better as well.
cheers

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Comparing the new 2013-fennecs from CollectA and Safari    Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:09 pm

Great topic! I am also with Scott! Very Happy
If I needed to select one of them it would be the CollectA fennec. Safari is the brand of the excelent wild canids, the trio of white wolf, coyot and African painted dog is superb, making Safari the best in wild dogs. But this time CollectA did better. After the cartoonish wolves and reasonable red fox, CollectA gave us a promissing maned wolf and a great fennec. Very Happy
As I commented before, I think the shape of the Safari fox fits better with a Rüppell's fox that is often misidentified as a Fennec. Very Happy
The conclusion is obvious... I'll buy both! Laughing

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Douglas Mortimer

Country/State : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Comparing the new 2013-fennecs from CollectA and Safari    Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:54 pm

Both models are very nice, but I prefer the CollectA's one.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Comparing the new 2013-fennecs from CollectA and Safari    Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:29 pm

Wow, they look great. As everyone else here, the CollectA appears to be better in shape of the face, painting, etc. The Safari isn't half bad, but the painting gives it a little less quality I think. Great additions, and thanks for the pics.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Comparing the new 2013-fennecs from CollectA and Safari    Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:54 pm

Thank you for the pictures Susanne Very Happy
They are cute, both don't look realistic but the Safari one looks more lovely Very Happy

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Comparing the new 2013-fennecs from CollectA and Safari    Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:23 pm

As I commented before, I think the shape of the Safari fox fits better with a Rüppell's fox that is often misidentified as a Fennec. Very Happy

So we both have a fennec and a Rüppel`s fox bounce cheers cheers cheers Sad(o)): Very Happy

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Comparing the new 2013-fennecs from CollectA and Safari    Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:57 am

Very nifty lil' creatures, CollectA is the most accurate, I think, as many of you think as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Comparing the new 2013-fennecs from CollectA and Safari    Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:52 pm

I love the COLLECTA very much, it is already on my shelves, but the SAFARI Ltd is interesting too. As Roger said, it could be a nice Rüppel's fox or maybe a Blanford's fox with a good repainting Wink

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Comparing the new 2013-fennecs from CollectA and Safari    Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:39 pm

Thankyou very much, friends  Very Happy

Yes, it is almost impossible to resist having both, isn`t it ?  Embarassed  Laughing

Andreas, I would LOVE to see a picture of the Yowie-fennec, if you can find the time  bounce
I do not have it, - don`t think I have ever see it  Crying or Very sad

But I have the tiny, little one from Starlux  Very Happy

I am sure Carolynn would know that CollectA-fennec thinks  Laughing  Laughing

here are your pics Susanne

PostSubject: Re: Comparing the new 2013-fennecs from CollectA and Safari    Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:39 pm

So we both have a fennec and a Rüppel`s fox  bounce  cheers  cheers  cheers  Sad(o)):  Very Happy
Very good idea, especially for me as specie collector cheers

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Comparing the new 2013-fennecs from CollectA and Safari    Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:35 pm

Ohhh, Andreas ! You are right !
That yowie fennec is marvellous cheers

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Comparing the new 2013-fennecs from CollectA and Safari    Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:31 pm

Thank you Susanne

Country/State : london UK

PostSubject: Re: Comparing the new 2013-fennecs from CollectA and Safari    Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:29 pm

i think papo or mojo should make one in 2014

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: Comparing the new 2013-fennecs from CollectA and Safari    Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:44 pm

The Starlux fennec looks a bit drunk.. :D

Thanks for sharing these amazing and clear photos, Susanne!<3 

I like the CollectA, but I don't like the Safari one that much.... The paintjob is sloppy and I don't understand those tribal paintings on its face.

I don't think I will purchase either one...

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: Comparing the new 2013-fennecs from CollectA and Safari    Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:01 pm

I have both and have to say that CollectA is more realistic. I love Safari LTD products, but find them not as "detailed" as the other brands. Though I love their new wildebeests and their Lesser Kudu.

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: Comparing the new 2013-fennecs from CollectA and Safari    Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:20 pm

widukindAndreas where did you get the sitting Yowie Fennec? I can only find the standing one.  Shawn wrote:

PostSubject: Re: Comparing the new 2013-fennecs from CollectA and Safari    Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:27 pm

widukindAndreas where did you get the sitting Yowie Fennec? I can only find the standing one.  Shawn wrote:

I am sure it was on ebay.com, i think the seller was Emma. But i dont know the standing fennec Very Happy Very Happy

Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Comparing the new 2013-fennecs from CollectA and Safari    Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:03 pm

[quote="SeanieP"]
widukindAndreas where did you get the sitting Yowie Fennec? I can only find the standing one. Shawn wrote:

Shawn, I also have the sitting version that I received from Harriet. Very Happy
Though, like Andreas, I also don't know the standing version, could you please share a picture. Very Happy bounce

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: Comparing the new 2013-fennecs from CollectA and Safari    Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:41 am

I love the COLLECTA very much, it is already on my shelves, but the SAFARI Ltd is interesting too. As Roger said, it could be a nice Rüppel's fox or maybe a Blanford's fox with a good repainting Wink

I think that it's most likely that you're correct, and Safari's sculptor mistakenly used a photo of either Ruppel's or Blanford's Foxes for reference. Therefore, it's mislabeled, but clearly a different species; therefore unique. Gotta have them both!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comparing the new 2013-fennecs from CollectA and Safari    

Back to top Go down

Comparing the new 2013-fennecs from CollectA and Safari
Page 1 of 1