Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TSC's Collecta Horses

Go down 
+4
Silver Unicornis
SUSANNE
widukind
TheSpottedCat
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TheSpottedCat

TheSpottedCat

Country/State : Sweden

horses - TSC's Collecta Horses Empty
PostSubject: TSC's Collecta Horses   horses - TSC's Collecta Horses EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 1:39 pm

Not all of them. I did not take any photos of the ones I already have.

I do love that fjord! Just look at the colours and all the small little white individual hair! I have a weak point for horses "just standing there".

And the akhal-teke is splending, just wonderful. And it shines :PI do like perlinos (it is a perlino, right?). As I already had a buckskin Schleich I decided to get the less common of the colours. I do love the pose, and those ears.
I have no complaining about it being not skinny enough, seeing as in their home country they are not allowed to have any body-fat that so ever. They get wrapped in thick blankets so they will sweat in the heat, therefor losing body-fat. They also get feed sheep-fat in their food (or maybe it was goat?).

Less wonderful is the dartmoor, oh, I should have gotten the black one. The colour is terrible. And it's head is so small compared to the Schleich, or maybe the Schleich is to thick. And sadly all of the Collecta seems to suffer from the pear-shaped body from above. And it even got it's legs bended in the package. It seems to have to much against it. At least I don't dislike it as much now as I did first picking it up. It is rather nice if you just look at it from the side. I'd love to have anybody show pictures of the black one.

horses - TSC's Collecta Horses Collecta_zpsa9fddc1e
horses - TSC's Collecta Horses Akhal-teke1_zps2a537777
horses - TSC's Collecta Horses Akhal-teke3_zps871a5ba1
horses - TSC's Collecta Horses Akhal-teke4_zps835fd8ec
horses - TSC's Collecta Horses Fjordhastar2_zps7e9e7f04
horses - TSC's Collecta Horses Fjordhastar1_zps57d3bebd
horses - TSC's Collecta Horses Dartmoor3_zps90753888
horses - TSC's Collecta Horses Dartmoorponnyer1_zps9b88a8bd
horses - TSC's Collecta Horses Dartmoorponnyer2_zpsf9e2a1a4
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: TSC's Collecta Horses   horses - TSC's Collecta Horses EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:28 pm

Congratulations, very nice horses cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: TSC's Collecta Horses   horses - TSC's Collecta Horses EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 7:25 pm

Wonderful additions, and marvellous photoes, thankyou very much, Cat cheers

I agree, the akhal-teke is a perlino, - the tail/mane are more grey than the body, - base colour is bay study

But I don`t agree that the dartmoore is less nice than the one from Schleich, - I think the CollectA one is absolutely magnificent , also the colour Very Happy
Well, I like the Schleich one also, but he looks like he was crossed with a shetland. IMHO, of course scratch

About the pear shape, - horses DO have a pear shape.
The CollectAs are somewhat exaggerated, but as far as I can see, they are more right than Schleich scratch

Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: TSC's Collecta Horses   horses - TSC's Collecta Horses EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:14 pm

They are lovely, have their flaws, but they're still lovely.
Though the Dartmoor looks more like a Welsh A to me.

I so wish they were available here... Sad

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: TSC's Collecta Horses   horses - TSC's Collecta Horses EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:15 pm

Very beautiful horses and pictures. Very Happy
I also like best the CollectA Dartmoor, it looks a great figure to me and not a too much "ponized" ony. I.
I have a lot of mixed feelings about the Fjord. Akal-Teke I need to see in real. Congratulations for all of them. Very Happy

TheSpottedCat

PostSubject: Re: TSC's Collecta Horses   horses - TSC's Collecta Horses EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 9:43 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Wonderful additions, and marvellous photoes, thankyou very much, Cat cheers

I agree, the akhal-teke is a perlino, - the tail/mane are more grey than the body, - base colour is bay study

But I don`t agree that the dartmoore is less nice than the one from Schleich, - I think the CollectA one is absolutely magnificent , also the colour Very Happy 
Well, I like the Schleich one also, but he looks like he was crossed with a shetland. IMHO, of course scratch

About the pear shape, - horses DO have a pear shape.
The CollectAs are somewhat exaggerated, but as far as I can see, they are more right than Schleich scratch

No problem, I think it is fun to take these kind of photos. Just ask if you want something compared. 

The Schleich mare dartmoor is not one of my favorites, I like the stallion more, but I showed the mare just because they was the same colour. I just call them what it says in the catalogue. I don't know, just something was not right for me and the Collecta one scratch Still thinks I should have gotten the black one tho. It is not horrible, maybe we just got off from the wrong foot. I always get either over exited or over negative about far to many things. 
 Well, to clarify, the exaggerated pear shape :) and Collecta are probably in general more real life like then the Schleich ones. I seem to always compare the other brands to Schleich, probably because they where first. Anatomy? Realism? What is that? Suspect

Mangalarga wrote:
They are lovely, have their flaws, but they're still lovely.
Though the Dartmoor looks more like a Welsh A to me.

I so wish they were available here... Sad

You might be right. I don't really think it looks like a dartmoor, but it do not look all to much to the welsh a I find on google. Or I might just be blind. 

I got these from germany, the site modelpferdeversand. The other ones I have, not in the these pictures, I got from a shop selling different things to horses in sweden. But they are more expensive and there was only three different horses of them at a time. And almost all of them was terrible scratched falling of the shelfs all the time. 

Roger wrote:
Very beautiful horses and pictures. Very Happy
I also like best the CollectA Dartmoor, it looks a great figure to me and not a too much "ponized" ony. I.
I have a lot of mixed feelings about the Fjord. Akal-Teke I need to see in real. Congratulations for all of them. Very Happy

Thank you. 
 Dang it, only because I was evil about the dartmoor everybody likes it the most SadVery Happy What do you not like about the fjord? I guess it might be to "pretty" and not look all to much like the typical fjord. But I like it anyway.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: TSC's Collecta Horses   horses - TSC's Collecta Horses EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 10:54 pm

TheSpottedCat wrote:

Thank you. 
 Dang it, only because I was evil about the dartmoor everybody likes it the most SadVery Happy What do you not like about the fjord? I guess it might be to "pretty" and not look all to much like the typical fjord. But I like it anyway.

Well, the principesc looking is not too exagerated as some other creations. It is mostly my proportions mania. Like it happens with many CollectA figures, the body looks too short to me, but, as we are just watching pictures, it can be illusive, mainly knowing we have different displays with different resolutions.
I am not good working pictures but I did a simple thing with your picture, I stretched horizontally the top of the horse and vertically the bottom. With it I turned the body visibly longer and neck stronger, of course other undesiered effects happened! geek affraid
Maybe it is a little exagerated but it will help you seeing what I mean. Mainly, longer body and stronger neck, as a consequence the horse will not look so tall and neck not so long. Very Happy

horses - TSC's Collecta Horses LJBclVP

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: TSC's Collecta Horses   horses - TSC's Collecta Horses EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 7:00 am

Thank you for the great photos Very Happy I'm very happy to see the Grey Fjord(or is it silver?) The paintwork actually looks quite good.
Also, the Akhal- Teke, (I have her too), she is beautiful, and her colour is very outstanding.

Roger's observations are very interesting. When Googling the Fjord horse, it seems he is quite right :) Still it's a lovely figurine, and good to have a Fjord in the CollectA herd I think.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: TSC's Collecta Horses   horses - TSC's Collecta Horses EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 12:55 pm

Beautiful additions, congratulations!! About bay dartmoor, well, probably you are right and black is safer option :)

Carola wrote:
Thank you for the great photos :DI'm very happy to see the Grey Fjord(or is it silver?) The paintwork actually looks quite good.

It's dun on black horse - grullo, and it has own name in Fjord horses - they are called grey( COLORS OF FJORD'S ) but normally, in other breeds grey is something different Wink

I also heard different names for this colour, like blue dun or silver dun scratch

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

PostSubject: Re: TSC's Collecta Horses   horses - TSC's Collecta Horses EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 1:50 pm

Ana wrote:
Carola wrote:
Thank you for the great photos :DI'm very happy to see the Grey Fjord(or is it silver?) The paintwork actually looks quite good.  

It's dun on black horse - grullo, and it has own name in Fjord horses - they are called grey( COLORS OF FJORD'S ) but normally, in other breeds grey is something different Wink

I also heard different names for this colour, like blue dun or silver dun scratch
Or "grå" in Norwegian Wink I don't know why, but when it comes to this breed, I like to call their colours in Norwegian nomenclature Razz

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: TSC's Collecta Horses   horses - TSC's Collecta Horses EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 2:12 pm

Mangalarga wrote:
Ana wrote:
Carola wrote:

Or "grå" in Norwegian Wink I don't know why, but when it comes to this breed, I like to call their colours in Norwegian nomenclature Razz

Yes, that's what they wrote on this website also, it's interesting Very Happy But would we go further and call colors of horses always with connection with their origin? What do you think, isn't it too complicated? :) (so Friesians will always be "zwart" and Konik "myszaty" etc? ) study

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

PostSubject: Re: TSC's Collecta Horses   horses - TSC's Collecta Horses EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 3:58 pm

That would be too much Laughing
In fact, most Norwegian names of Fjords' coat colours are more or less consistent with English names - one name for one coat colour. The only exception is "kvit" which is the term describing a double cream + dun dilute - namely, cremello dun, perlino dun and smoky cream dun.
Ok, maybe another exception is smoky grullo, which generally is not much different from grullo and is also described as "grå" Wink

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: TSC's Collecta Horses   horses - TSC's Collecta Horses EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 1:11 am

I like these horses! I like the Fjord and the Akhal-Teke especially! They are wonderful. The Akhal-Teke is surely much better than the Schleich. (But what do I know: nothing.)
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: TSC's Collecta Horses   horses - TSC's Collecta Horses EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 8:50 am

Ana wrote:

Beauutiful horses Very Happy  Thank you. It's grå then .. Grå det er til at forstå Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
TheSpottedCat

TheSpottedCat

PostSubject: Re: TSC's Collecta Horses   horses - TSC's Collecta Horses EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 2:50 pm

Roger: I see what you mean. It should actually look better that way. But I still thinks it is a nice model.

Carola: I really like the paintwork on the fjord. And as bad as it seems, the colouration is the first thing I see, then I can try concentrating on the anatomy. And as you said, fjord! geek 

Ana: If I'm ever to trade horses, I will probably trade it for the black one.

scot(t) wrote:
I like these horses! I like the Fjord and the Akhal-Teke especially! They are wonderful. The Akhal-Teke is surely much better than the Schleich. (But what do I know: nothing.)
I think both are very nice to :PHorses are so fascinating with all the different colours they can show off.

Ana / Carola: In correct english it is called blackdun (grullo). Says the one calling black roans for blueberry roan just because of the existents of strawberry roan. The swedish word for blackdun is "svart konstansskimmel". "Skimmel" is the word for horses greying out, but the word "konstant" means "constant" and thus that it never change. I think you should try using the language you talk in no matter where the horses comes from. But in swedish we don't have many of the colours by name, and many of the words are just so strange. So I often try using a combination of swedish and english then talking in swedish Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TSC's Collecta Horses   horses - TSC's Collecta Horses Empty

Back to top Go down

TSC's Collecta Horses
Page 1 of 1