Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My collection Australian Yowies

Go down 
+21
moreta
sbell
ulinuk
Sergey
littlebear
SUSANNE
AmberJ
Katty
docronnie
Lennart
isaac_at_sts
animalluvr6
Tiermann
ken yeo
Duck-Anch-Amun
sauroid
landrover
widukind
NandO
Roger
lucky luke
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
sbell

sbell

Country/State : Canada

My collection Australian Yowies - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My collection Australian Yowies   My collection Australian Yowies - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 12:27 am

So...not to dredge up old threads, but Ièm going to--because if this thread doesn't have it, most likely no thread does so far.

Does anyone have a picture of the Yowies Series 5 Freshwater Catfish? I just found out it exists--but I have no idea what it looks like or what species it's supposed to be. And I can't find any photos online.

Once I know that, of course, the next question will be how to get one...! Wink

My collection Australian Yowies - Page 6 Hyena-circle

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My collection Australian Yowies   My collection Australian Yowies - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 8:37 am

I hope somebody does have them bounce bounce

sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: My collection Australian Yowies   My collection Australian Yowies - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 2:31 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

As do I! I noticed that the TAI is very light on Yowies photos...I don't have a lot of them, but someone here must have a full set and be able to supply pictures!

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: My collection Australian Yowies   My collection Australian Yowies - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 7:40 pm

sbell wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

As do I! I noticed that the TAI is very light on Yowies photos...I don't have a lot of them, but someone here must have a full set and be able to supply pictures!

I only have most of the first set and a few fron set 2 and 3 Rolling Eyes

sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: My collection Australian Yowies   My collection Australian Yowies - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 11:21 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
sbell wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

I only have most of the first set and a few fron set 2 and 3 Rolling Eyes

I'm the same way--I have quite a few, but no complete sets or anything like that.

Back to top Go down
moreta

moreta

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: My collection Australian Yowies   My collection Australian Yowies - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 3:16 pm

I have been able to help Sean with his catfish from series 5. I would be happy to help anyone else who wants particular Australian yowie :-)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: My collection Australian Yowies   My collection Australian Yowies - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 10:34 pm

moreta wrote:
I have been able to help Sean with his catfish from series 5. I would be happy to help anyone else who wants particular Australian yowie :-)

That is extremely kind of you, - a wonderful offer cheers

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My collection Australian Yowies   My collection Australian Yowies - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 22, 2017 7:56 am

moreta wrote:

Thats very kind :)

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My collection Australian Yowies   My collection Australian Yowies - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 8:14 pm

They are so lovely! I personnally own the golden-shouldered Parrot, the fidler crab and the blue-spotted stingray. Did Yowies make a budgie parakeet? And by the way, the pink-headed duck was last seen in 1934 or 1935, not 1950.
Back to top Go down
moreta

moreta

PostSubject: Re: My collection Australian Yowies   My collection Australian Yowies - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 3:19 am

Hello Yowie friends, if anyone would like help with questions or collecting Australian Yowies please let me know. I have spares from all the original 1990's Yowies series 1 to 9, and Lost Kingdoms, including some whole sets. And the new Australian Yowies which are the same as your US series 1 but with different papers. I even have some US 1 and US 2 All American spares. Of course I am now going to collect the new US 3 Rescue Series so would love to swap some of my Aussie ones for yours :-)
Cheers from downunder
Chris
PS Bowhead Whale, Yowie didn't do Budgies but they did a fair number of other parrots and cockatoos. and also Japanese Pet series have budgies in them :-) I have some spare of those as I collect Japanese Animatales and Choco Eggs also.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My collection Australian Yowies   My collection Australian Yowies - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2019 5:31 pm

Your collection pics makes me curious.

Can you see diferences between the series? Are there more realistic figures? I believe to see more realistic figures in your collection, right?

sunny Andreas sunny

Last edited by widukind on Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: My collection Australian Yowies   My collection Australian Yowies - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2019 5:38 pm

widukind wrote:

Can you see diferences between the series. Are there more realistic figures? I believe to see more realistic figures in your collection, right?

So, Australian Yowies vary in their quality (how realistic they look) considerably. What I have casually observed, is that mammals, reptiles, and amphibians tend to be very 'cartoony' but small birds, fish, and invertebrates tend to be better quality. There are exceptions among them all though. I am currently waiting for a batch of about 13 to arrive from Australia, mostly small birds and fish, with 1-2 invertebrates.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: My collection Australian Yowies   My collection Australian Yowies - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2019 5:43 pm

lucky luke wrote:
Here are some other Yowies!Wink 

My collection Australian Yowies - Page 6 New_an13

Very Happy Laughing lol! 

Um...the wings on your cruiser butterfly (lower right corner) are on backwards (and the head looks upside down?!?)! Also the wings of the black-and-white tiger moth are reversed!!!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My collection Australian Yowies   My collection Australian Yowies - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2019 6:47 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
widukind wrote:

Can you see diferences between the series. Are there more realistic figures? I believe to see more realistic figures in your collection, right?

So, Australian Yowies vary in their quality (how realistic they look) considerably. What I have casually observed, is that mammals, reptiles, and amphibians tend to be very 'cartoony' but small birds, fish, and invertebrates tend to be better quality. There are exceptions among them all though. I am currently waiting for a batch of about 13 to arrive from Australia, mostly small birds and fish, with 1-2 invertebrates.

Too much "cartoony" is the reason why i dont have these series. But there are a lot of really interesting and uniqe species. So i hope for a few "more realistic" figures.

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My collection Australian Yowies   My collection Australian Yowies - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2019 6:54 pm

widukind wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:
widukind wrote:

Too much "cartoony" is the reason why i dont have these series. But there are a lot of really interesting and uniqe species. So i hope for a few "more realistic" figures.

The same foer me but I understand a "every" species collector could be very tempted.

Thank you for sharing Jean-Luc Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: My collection Australian Yowies   My collection Australian Yowies - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2019 7:07 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
widukind wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:
widukind wrote:

The same foer me but I understand a "every" species collector could be very tempted.

yes the fine line between: 1) it's a unique species and 2) maybe someday someone will make one better so should I wait?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My collection Australian Yowies   My collection Australian Yowies - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2019 7:28 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
widukind wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:
widukind wrote:

yes the fine line between: 1) it's a unique species and 2) maybe someday someone will make one better so should I wait?

I am still waiting since 8 years Wink

I this time i also change my mind about Kaiyodo and Furuta. But Kaiyodo change also anything for me :)

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
moreta

moreta

PostSubject: Re: My collection Australian Yowies   My collection Australian Yowies - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2019 1:19 am

I have all the old yowies, I can show you some of the most realistic ones if you like. But you'll have to wait till I get home from hospital. 🍜
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: My collection Australian Yowies   My collection Australian Yowies - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2019 2:10 am

I hope you get well soon, Moreta! Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My collection Australian Yowies   My collection Australian Yowies - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2019 8:19 am

moreta wrote:
I have all the old yowies, I can show you some of the most realistic ones if you like. But you'll have to wait till I get home from hospital. 🍜

I wish you all the best for your recovery. And yes, pics will help me a lot :)

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My collection Australian Yowies   My collection Australian Yowies - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2019 1:59 pm

Best wishes Moreta
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My collection Australian Yowies   My collection Australian Yowies - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

My collection Australian Yowies
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6