Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Prehistoric Sea Life TOOB 2010 from Safari Ltd

Go down 
+3
Nova
Wildheart
Kikimalou
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Prehistoric Sea Life TOOB 2010 from Safari Ltd Empty
PostSubject: Prehistoric Sea Life TOOB 2010 from Safari Ltd   Prehistoric Sea Life TOOB 2010 from Safari Ltd EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 4:21 pm

Another batch reach my shores those days, it is the "Prehistoric sealife toob" citizens.

IMHO this set is another big improvement in the Safari ltd quality. The toobs are more and more on the Collector side and the models are better than the older toobs.

Some models are not made for several years now by any company. Some are on the "not too bad" level of quality and some reach the "Very very fine " one.

But let's the pic talking by themselves.

Chlamydoselachus anguineus
Scale 1/13 to 1/18
First of all, here is the frilled shark, the only animal of the toob which is still alive today
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Nothosaurus raabi
Scale 1/35
The "false reptile" is one of the must have of the toob. Maybe the best of all. It is the only nothosaurus on the market since the retiring of the 1998 Playvisions one.
This animal lived during the Triassic period, approximately 240-210 million years ago.

Henodus chelyops
Scale : 1/12
Again one of the best of the toob IMHO and the only one available since the exticntion of the 1998 Playvision one
This "Turtle-Faced Single Tooth" lived during the Triassic, about 2228 to 220 million years ago

Dolichorhynchops osborni
Scale : 1/28 to 1/32
The only one available. This animal lived during the Late Cretaceous, about 99 to 65,5 million years ago.

Liopleurodon ferox
Scale : 1/55 to 1/72
One of the several models of Liopleurodon. The SAFARI ltd 2010 one and the COLLECTA 2009 are bigger and still available.
The 2010 Safari ltd is probably the most accurate.
this animal lived during the Jurassic, about 160 to 155 million years ago

Elasmosaurus
Scale : 1/130
A small but very fine model of the "thin plate lizard" wich lived during the Late Cretaceous, about 83 to 65,5 million years ago.

Tylosaurus
Scale : 1/130
IMHO, the weak spot of the batch... Luckily, SAFARI ltd produced a wonderful WS tylosaurus in 2009 which is a pure jewel.
The "knob- lizard" lived during the Late Cretaceous, 86 to 65,5 million years ago.

Ichthyosaurus breviceps
Scale : 1/20
A very thin models which is not as good as the wonderful 2010 Carnegie's one
The "Fish-lizard" lived during the Early Jurassic, 199 to 189 million years ago.

Metriorhynchus superciliosus
Scale : 1/25 to 1/30
Since the extinction of the excellent KAIYODO one, this is the only metriorhynchus available.
This marine crocodile's cousin lived during the Middle to Late Jurassic, 167 to 155 million years ago.

Basilosaurus cetoides
Scale : 1/160 to 1/220
Small model indeed... I dream SAFARI Ltd will make a 10" (25cm) one  Cool
The "kinglizard" was indeed a cetacean which reign on the Eocene oceans, about 40 to 34 million years ago.

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:28 am; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric Sea Life TOOB 2010 from Safari Ltd   Prehistoric Sea Life TOOB 2010 from Safari Ltd EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 5:55 pm

They are all fabulous!Some are very very detailed for their size,and the colouring is very realistic!
Yet again,you made me want more prehistoric figurines,my friend! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
Nova

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric Sea Life TOOB 2010 from Safari Ltd   Prehistoric Sea Life TOOB 2010 from Safari Ltd EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 6:52 pm

Very cool! :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric Sea Life TOOB 2010 from Safari Ltd   Prehistoric Sea Life TOOB 2010 from Safari Ltd EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 9:43 am

Amazing !!!!
Some of these toob-figueres are really very interesting for the size and price Shocked

That little stand, they are posed on, does it come with the figueres ?
The reason I ask is, that I got some vey nice water fowl that are supposed to "fly". The have a rond hole in the brest for such a stand like the ones of your dinoes.

Hmm, maybe I can copy it in some way Suspect

Thanks for the fantastic photoes, I enjoyed them flower
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric Sea Life TOOB 2010 from Safari Ltd   Prehistoric Sea Life TOOB 2010 from Safari Ltd EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 9:48 am

They are wonderful Christophe! Congratulations Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric Sea Life TOOB 2010 from Safari Ltd   Prehistoric Sea Life TOOB 2010 from Safari Ltd EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 7:09 pm

WOW! What a great collection of very cool animals!! Thanks for the great photos as well.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric Sea Life TOOB 2010 from Safari Ltd   Prehistoric Sea Life TOOB 2010 from Safari Ltd EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 1:01 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Another batch reach my shores those days, it is the "Prehistoric sealife toob" citizens.

IMHO this set is another big improvement in the Safari ltd quality. The toobs are more and more on the Collector side and the models are better than the older toobs.

Some models are not made for several years now by any company. Some are on the "not too bad" level of quality and some reach the "Very very fine " one.

But let's the pic talking by themselves.

...Thank,s Christoph for pics! Well I know this Safari toob set too. And like you I dream SAFARI Ltd will make a models about 25cm and more!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric Sea Life TOOB 2010 from Safari Ltd   Prehistoric Sea Life TOOB 2010 from Safari Ltd Empty

Back to top Go down

Prehistoric Sea Life TOOB 2010 from Safari Ltd
Page 1 of 1