Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions

Go down 
+38
Kikimalou
LeeAnn
JonasV
Carola
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
koniminiatures
sauroid
Wilorvise
Noémi
Fisva
scot(t)
skysthelimit
goatherder
Silver Unicornis
Phexedrine
Dutch Bear
DaveScriv
arafan
Shanti
ken yeo
lucky luke
jarda
Florian
Elros Alvar
PeGe
blackdanter
Bloodrayne
Katty
Cyhyraeth
NandO
Liiolii
Sumo
Chris Sweetman
Tiermann
Ana
HKHollinstone
Taos
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 5 EmptyWed 11 Dec 2013, 09:55

Great new additions!! I especially love the Kaiyodo crayfish  cheers cheers cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 5 EmptyWed 11 Dec 2013, 10:05

Fantastic new acquisitions Lea! Wow!

The custom Neapolitan Mastiff is really wonderful. And I also think that the Bassett Hounds is particular marvelous.

What great pictures to share! Thank you so much.
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 5 EmptyWed 11 Dec 2013, 10:15

I like very much your photos, especially the cat caretaker T-rex  sunny 

I wonder though, the CollectA Clyde is a stallion I think - unless calling him a girl is part of a joke I didn't get  Razz 
But yes, the strange narrow face was also something that bothered me a lot with that model.
Now I found another owner for him, who can love him more than I did  Very Happy 

Will be interesting what you will make him into!

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 5 EmptyWed 11 Dec 2013, 12:28

Carola wrote:

Now I found another owner for him, who can love him more than I did  Very Happy 

sunny cheers Wink cheers sunny 

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 5 EmptyFri 13 Dec 2013, 20:52

Thank you for the many comments, everyone! I'm gladdened so many found this interesting enough to view through. I'm very fond of the Papo rex, too, Nando - and likewise, Scott & Harriet, I find the Country Artists Basset a very nice piece. In fact, I think I shall have to try and hunt down some more from that series if I can. As for Deseo's glorious Neapolitan, I shall have the thread up soon on him. (I'll link it here as well, once I have.)

Schleich_Figures_4U wrote:
Do you have any information on the Country Artists brand? I found a few and I'm trying to get rid of them. sunny

I only know they're a UK brand producing home decor, typically British countryside themed stuff, in mass produced industrial resin. Of he dogs they have several lines, the Best in Show one being in my opinion the best-sculpted. I might be interested in seeing what you've got that you're looking to get rid of - I think I'll shoot you a message.

Roger wrote:
Your enthusiasm is evident in your comments and it is always interesting to read your posts. Anytime you do it I feel like reading a magazine expertized in animal toy figures. cheers
Well, that is certainly a very generous description. Perhaps more so than deserved; it is, after all, mostly just me blathering on, isn't it - there's usually woefully little of actual information mixed in. Laughing Thank you kindly, nonetheless, for the compliment! I'm very happy to hear you don't mind reading on.

Carola wrote:
I wonder though, the CollectA Clyde is a stallion I think - unless calling him a girl is part of a joke I didn't get  Razz 
But yes, the strange narrow face was also something that bothered me a lot with that model.
Will be interesting what you will make him into!
Ah yes, that was my mistake entirely - I confused him with another heavy I have on my desk, a Shire mare. The Clyde is indeed a stallion, and shall likely remain that way with me. He has had a leg cut off and has his head currently sawn in half for broadening, though - perhaps he would have preferred to have lost only is gonads as per my initial introduction. He'll probably become a sunburnt black sabino or even a fleabitten grey one - he hasn't told me yet. (In fact all he's said so far has been "THE HELL YOU DOING I NEED THAT LEG! NOO! MAH FAAAACE!")

(Don't worry Carola, your poor Hanoverian and Lipizzan were spared the sight. They're hanging out with the snakes and skulls with their backs turned.)

Last edited by koniminiatures on Thu 16 Jan 2014, 13:38; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 5 EmptyFri 13 Dec 2013, 22:23

koniminiatures wrote:
Scott & Harriet, I find the Country Artists Basset a very nice piece. In fact, I think I shall have to try and hunt down some more from that series if I can.
If you don't already have it, I thoroughly recommend the Dalmatian, it's beautiful. I have photos if you'd like to be convinced Wink

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 5 EmptyFri 13 Dec 2013, 22:57

Oh, by all means, convince me!

Last edited by koniminiatures on Thu 16 Jan 2014, 13:40; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 5 EmptySat 14 Dec 2013, 09:25

koniminiatures wrote:

Ah yes, that was my mistake entirely - I confused him with another heavy I have on my desk - a Shire mare. The Clyde is indeed a stallion, and shall likely remain that way with me. He has had a leg cut off and has his head currently swan in half for broadening, though - perhaps he would have preferred to have lost only is gonads as per my initial introduction. He'll probably become a sunburnt black sabino or even a fleabitten grey one - he hasn't told me yet. (In fact all he's said so far has been "THE HELL YOU DOING I NEED THAT LEG! NOO! MAH FAAAACE!")

(Don't worry Carola, your poor Hanoverian and Lipizzan were spared the sight. They're hanging out with the snakes and skulls with their backs turned.)

Oh goodness  Laughing 

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 5 EmptyMon 16 Dec 2013, 15:13

koniminiatures wrote:
Oh, by all means, convince me!
I sent you a load of photos Lea  Razz 

Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 5 EmptyMon 16 Dec 2013, 21:00

Got them - thank you! He is a lovely sculpt indeed, if not my breed exactly. I especially like the expression he's got on his face.

koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 5 EmptyThu 16 Jan 2014, 14:44

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Some recent additions: Safari Winner's Circle American Saddlebred (left background); before it a 1997 TOPPS Precious Puppies Chow Chow 09 'Chopsticks' and Kitan Club Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 01 Shiba; in the center the 09 giant Lake Biwa catfish and 02 Japanese Crested Ibis from the same set; a Kitan Club magnet seahorse (in which the magnet is inside the figure, out of sight! I never knew they were done like this); a King Kong movie merchandise Foetodon; rightmost background a Papo Oviraptor and before it the 1997 TOPPS Precious Puppies Whippet 10 'Speedo' and 1994 M.E.G. Puppy in My Pocket Schnauzer 36 'Gabe'; plus threatening the Saddlebred's rosy wreath (and the Oviraptor's life presumably) are two made in China party favour ankylosaurians armed with particularly formidable sets of teeth - ones going all around their gaping maws.

Thank you to Frana for the M.E.G. and TOPPS dogs and the Saddlebred; and to Mihnea for the Oviraptor and a lovely New-Ray gift Basset hound I forgot to include in the picture (sorry)! The seahorse came as a gift, too, from the eBay seller I got the other Kitan Clubbers from - so thank you very much to him also, even if he is likely to never read this.

Some individual shots:

The catfish is my absolute favourite. It's a surprisingly detailed, flowy sculpt with a finely sculpted lateral line, barbels and a transparent anal fin. It has a mesmerisingly glossy finish of silver-specked, slightly metallic black-blue gradating into a deep purple along the sides. The fish's plump underbelly is a blank white, which (aside from the absence of a base - I'm terribly fond of the academic little faux wood bases some of the Kitan Club series entries come with) is the model's only weak point, I think; I would have liked to see a slight translucency or pearlescence to the plastic, like fish flesh and skin oft have - but nevermind, I can always give it a light dusting of mica myself and be content.

The Toki and Shiba are likewise excellent, excellent models - the Toki's feathering is very finely sculpted and to me ever so pleasantly symmetrically arranged; and the Shiba just exudes character with its finely gestured sculpt and lifelike paintwork. It has a real glint in its eye suggesting mischief, and the softly shaded coat actually looks soft and plush.

The Shiba I've done a small walkaround of - it can be found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Last edited by koniminiatures on Wed 18 Feb 2015, 10:19; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 5 EmptyThu 16 Jan 2014, 15:32

Fantastic newcomers! cheers That Shiba is amazing Very Happy

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 5 EmptyThu 16 Jan 2014, 17:24

Wonderful newcomers! I like that shiba too cheers 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 5 EmptyThu 16 Jan 2014, 17:34

koniminiatures wrote:

Some recent additions: Safari Winner's Circle American Saddlebred (left background); before it a 1997 TOPPS Precious Puppies Chow Chow 09 'Chopsticks' and Kitan Club Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 01 Shiba; in the center the 09 giant Lake Biwa catfish and 02 Japanese Crested Ibis from the same set; a Kitan Club magnet seahorse (in which the magnet is inside the figure, out of sight! I never knew they were done like this); a King Kong movie merchandise Foetodon; rightmost background a Papo Oviraptor and before it the 1997 TOPPS Precious Puppies Whippet 10 'Speedo' and 1994 M.E.G. Puppy in My Pocket Schnauzer 36 'Gabe'; plus threatening the Saddlebred's rosy wreath (and the Oviraptor's life presumably) are two made in China party favour ankylosaurians armed with particularly formidable sets of teeth - ones going all around their gaping maws.

Thank you to Frana for the M.E.G. and TOPPS dogs and the Saddlebred; and to Mihnea for the Oviraptor and a lovely New-Ray gift Basset hound I forgot to include in the picture (sorry)! The seahorse came as a gift, too, from the eBay seller I got the other Kitan Clubbers from - so thank you very much to him also, even if he is likely to never read this.

Some individual shots:

The catfish is my absolute favourite. It's a surprisingly detailed, flowy sculpt with a finely sculpted lateral line, barbels and a transparent anal fin. It has a mesmerisingly glossy finish of silver-specked, slightly metallic black-blue gradating into a deep purple along the sides. The fish's plump underbelly is a blank white, which (aside from the absence of a base - I'm terribly fond of the academic little faux wood bases some of the Kitan Club series entries come with) is the model's only weak point, I think; I would have liked to see a slight translucency or pearlescence to the plastic, like fish flesh and skin oft have - but nevermind, I can always give it a light dusting of mica myself and be content.

The Toki and Shiba are likewise excellent, excellent models - the Toki's feathering is very finely sculpted and to me ever so pleasantly symmetrically arranged; and the Shiba just exudes character with its finely gestured sculpt and lifelike paintwork. It has a real glint in its eye suggesting mischief, and the softly shaded coat actually looks soft and plush.

The Shiba I've done a small walkaround of - it can be found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Om I love that tennesse Walker  I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you 

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 5 EmptyThu 16 Jan 2014, 18:25

Wonderful new stuff!! Congratulations  cheers cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 5 EmptyThu 16 Jan 2014, 20:57

Oooh that shiba <3
Congrats  cheers sunny 

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 5 EmptyThu 16 Jan 2014, 21:19

Wow a lot of nice new additions. Congrats Lea Very Happy Very Happy 

jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 5 EmptyThu 16 Jan 2014, 21:31

Congratulations, the toki and shiba are probably the best figures that KC ever made!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 5 EmptyThu 16 Jan 2014, 23:52

Congrats!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
NandO

NandO

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 5 EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014, 03:35

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked 
Lea, this is super addition !!
Shiba looks so real !!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 5 EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014, 08:03

Great load, congratulations!

Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 5 EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014, 09:34

Thank you everyone for your comments! That Shiba got many new friends all of a sudden, didn't he? Very Happy

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 5 EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014, 12:51

He has indeed! You can call it fans also haha.

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 5 EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014, 21:11

Such diversity  sunny Love the group photo! Looks like two groups in a brawl, with the blue and green screaming mini dinos as leaders  Very Happy 

Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 5 EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014, 21:15

Super additions Lea.  Very Happy 

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions
Page 5 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next