Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The topic "Animals where you live" won the SUY for December" Very Happy

Share | 

Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:44 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Some recent additions: Safari Winner's Circle American Saddlebred (left background); before it a 1997 TOPPS Precious Puppies Chow Chow 09 'Chopsticks' and Kitan Club Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 01 Shiba; in the center the 09 giant Lake Biwa catfish and 02 Japanese Crested Ibis from the same set; a Kitan Club magnet seahorse (in which the magnet is inside the figure, out of sight! I never knew they were done like this); a King Kong movie merchandise Foetodon; rightmost background a Papo Oviraptor and before it the 1997 TOPPS Precious Puppies Whippet 10 'Speedo' and 1994 M.E.G. Puppy in My Pocket Schnauzer 36 'Gabe'; plus threatening the Saddlebred's rosy wreath (and the Oviraptor's life presumably) are two made in China party favour ankylosaurians armed with particularly formidable sets of teeth - ones going all around their gaping maws.

Thank you to Frana for the M.E.G. and TOPPS dogs and the Saddlebred; and to Mihnea for the Oviraptor and a lovely New-Ray gift Basset hound I forgot to include in the picture (sorry)! The seahorse came as a gift, too, from the eBay seller I got the other Kitan Clubbers from - so thank you very much to him also, even if he is likely to never read this.

Some individual shots:

The catfish is my absolute favourite. It's a surprisingly detailed, flowy sculpt with a finely sculpted lateral line, barbels and a transparent anal fin. It has a mesmerisingly glossy finish of silver-specked, slightly metallic black-blue gradating into a deep purple along the sides. The fish's plump underbelly is a blank white, which (aside from the absence of a base - I'm terribly fond of the academic little faux wood bases some of the Kitan Club series entries come with) is the model's only weak point, I think; I would have liked to see a slight translucency or pearlescence to the plastic, like fish flesh and skin oft have - but nevermind, I can always give it a light dusting of mica myself and be content.

The Toki and Shiba are likewise excellent, excellent models - the Toki's feathering is very finely sculpted and to me ever so pleasantly symmetrically arranged; and the Shiba just exudes character with its finely gestured sculpt and lifelike paintwork. It has a real glint in its eye suggesting mischief, and the softly shaded coat actually looks soft and plush.

The Shiba I've done a small walkaround of - it can be found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Lea K.  |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by koniminiatures on Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:19 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:32 pm

Fantastic newcomers! cheers That Shiba is amazing Very Happy

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:24 pm

Wonderful newcomers! I like that shiba too cheers 

I might be an awkward person but that's me and I'm not gonna change myself
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Some recent additions: Safari Winner's Circle American Saddlebred (left background); before it a 1997 TOPPS Precious Puppies Chow Chow 09 'Chopsticks' and Kitan Club Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 01 Shiba; in the center the 09 giant Lake Biwa catfish and 02 Japanese Crested Ibis from the same set; a Kitan Club magnet seahorse (in which the magnet is inside the figure, out of sight! I never knew they were done like this); a King Kong movie merchandise Foetodon; rightmost background a Papo Oviraptor and before it the 1997 TOPPS Precious Puppies Whippet 10 'Speedo' and 1994 M.E.G. Puppy in My Pocket Schnauzer 36 'Gabe'; plus threatening the Saddlebred's rosy wreath (and the Oviraptor's life presumably) are two made in China party favour ankylosaurians armed with particularly formidable sets of teeth - ones going all around their gaping maws.

Thank you to Frana for the M.E.G. and TOPPS dogs and the Saddlebred; and to Mihnea for the Oviraptor and a lovely New-Ray gift Basset hound I forgot to include in the picture (sorry)! The seahorse came as a gift, too, from the eBay seller I got the other Kitan Clubbers from - so thank you very much to him also, even if he is likely to never read this.

Some individual shots:

The catfish is my absolute favourite. It's a surprisingly detailed, flowy sculpt with a finely sculpted lateral line, barbels and a transparent anal fin. It has a mesmerisingly glossy finish of silver-specked, slightly metallic black-blue gradating into a deep purple along the sides. The fish's plump underbelly is a blank white, which (aside from the absence of a base - I'm terribly fond of the academic little faux wood bases some of the Kitan Club series entries come with) is the model's only weak point, I think; I would have liked to see a slight translucency or pearlescence to the plastic, like fish flesh and skin oft have - but nevermind, I can always give it a light dusting of mica myself and be content.

The Toki and Shiba are likewise excellent, excellent models - the Toki's feathering is very finely sculpted and to me ever so pleasantly symmetrically arranged; and the Shiba just exudes character with its finely gestured sculpt and lifelike paintwork. It has a real glint in its eye suggesting mischief, and the softly shaded coat actually looks soft and plush.

The Shiba I've done a small walkaround of - it can be found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Om I love that tennesse Walker  I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you 

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:25 pm

Wonderful new stuff!! Congratulations  cheers cheers cheers 

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:57 pm

Oooh that shiba <3
Congrats  cheers sunny 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://night-lioness.deviantart.com/
Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:19 pm

Wow a lot of nice new additions. Congrats Lea Very Happy Very Happy 

http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
jarda

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:31 pm

Congratulations, the toki and shiba are probably the best figures that KC ever made!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:52 am

Congrats!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
NandO

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:35 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked 
Lea, this is super addition !!
Shiba looks so real !!!!

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:03 am

Great load, congratulations!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:34 am

Thank you everyone for your comments! That Shiba got many new friends all of a sudden, didn't he? Very Happy

Lea K.  |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:51 pm

He has indeed! You can call it fans also haha.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://night-lioness.deviantart.com/
Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:11 pm

Such diversity  sunny Love the group photo! Looks like two groups in a brawl, with the blue and green screaming mini dinos as leaders  Very Happy 

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:15 pm

Super additions Lea.  Very Happy 

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:25 am

Amasing figures, Lea! Not getting much atention among all of these little and wonderful pieces but horse is also beautiful! Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:31 am

Wow, wonderful additions Lea! I love that Shiba especially. It is gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:56 am

Big congratulation for this excellent batch Lea  cheers 

What is the small croc near the Papo oviraptor?

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:45 pm

Some lovely additions-the Shiba and the Ibis are wonderful!!
Back to top Go down
Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:18 pm

Very beautiful newcomers Lea! Congratulations! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:04 pm

Wonderful Congratulations ! Applause  cheers 

Crested Ibis  drunken  Applause  Cool  Cool  sunny 

Back to top Go down
ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:08 pm

Congrats!

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:53 am

Thank you again for commenting, everyone who did!

Such diversity  sunny Love the group photo! Looks like two groups in a brawl, with the blue and green screaming mini dinos as leaders  Very Happy 
It does, doesn't it? I see it too now. I'm afraid the tiny tyrant dinos probably aren't the kind and gentle leader type, either..

What is the small croc near the Papo oviraptor?
That one is the imaginary [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] from the Peter Jackson version of the film King Kong. Here is another shot of him:

The figurine is a smaller version of the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by Playmate. It was sold here around the film's release in the local arts-and-crafts/knick knacks store chain Tiimari (currently going under, to my dismay - they'd often carry obscure China animals and interesting polyresin statuettes, so I'm saddened to see them go).

[Edit.: Oh, I didn't remember I'd already posted the individual picture of that Foetodon. Oh well, can't harm to have it here again to supplement the brief info bit, I guess.]

Last edited by koniminiatures on Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:23 am

Nice  cheers 

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:59 am

I've had the good fortune of having been able to arrange some splendid trades recently, so despite my scrimping and saving for the new CollectA and Papo releases, I've had some marvellous parcels arrive in the mail. (Thank you Taos and Sortepletter; UK of DDF; and Trista from Figuurifoorumi!) Here are some figurines from the past few weeks:

From left to right: CollectA 2011 Hatzegopteryx 88441; before it 2007 Primeval Hesperornis; Safari Ltd. Wild Safari alligator 276429; Tedco Dino Horizons Dig Up Dino Stegosaurus skeleton; atop it a 2014 Walking With Dinosaurs 3D blind bag Troodon manufactured by Vivid Toy Group Ltd.; center foreground the Pachyrhinosaurus 'Scowler' from the same series; butting heads with it a Kaiyodo UHA Dinotales Series 1 The Chocolasaurs Collection Brontotherium (Megacerops) 019a; behind the pair a Safari Ltd. 2005 Carnegie Collection Microraptor; and under it an unknown party favour sauropod.

Safari Ltd. 2010 Wild Safari Coelacanth 285729 (Latimeria chalumnae); Country Artists Best in Show Bloodhound CA02455; and Papo recumbent Simmental cow 51151.

Again, a great thank you to all whom I traded with!

Last edited by koniminiatures on Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:36 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Today at 11:27 am

Back to top Go down

Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next