Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The topic "Animals where you live" won the SUY for December" Very Happy

Share | 

Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Katty

Country/State : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:47 am

Great collection of newbies! Well done. Love the artwork in your avatar also.

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:22 pm

Congratulations Lea, the Papo boer ram I find very interesting! The dogs are cute cheers 

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:39 pm

Thank you everyone! Cyhyraeth, I really like that raptor skeleton, too - it may be my favourite of the Kaiyodo anatomicals I have. Katty, the chap in my avatar is a 1:30 scale Tennessee Walking Horse I customised and painted a long time ago - more of him can be seen [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], if you're interested.

Lea K.  |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:22 am

The Deinonychus skeleton I ordered just arrived and it is missing an arm! Big bummer.
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:53 pm

Oh noes! Perhaps you ought to contact the seller and see if he has a copy he might send you an arm off - or, failing that, I'd be more than happy to send you the suitable one on mine (I can easily enough make a cast of the arm for myself before that; I'll likely be customising the model anyway, so it won't matter to me).
Do PM me if you'd like to make arrangements for the latter to happen. I'm traveling at the moment so I may take a bit to respond, mind (which is also why I've still to reply to your last message to me - sorry! I will get back to you, at the latest once I'm back home).

Lea K.  |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:48 am

Thank you Lea! I have contacted the seller. No reply, but I'll be patient. It's so kind of you to offer to send me the arm from yours!! Hopefully, that won't be necessary though. Regardless, it is very thoughtful and I really appreciate it. I hope you have lovely travels!
Back to top Go down
Katty

Country/State : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Thank you everyone! Cyhyraeth, I really like that raptor skeleton, too - it may be my favourite of the Kaiyodo anatomicals I have. Katty, the chap in my avatar is a 1:30 scale Tennessee Walking Horse I customised and painted a long time ago - more of him can be seen [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], if you're interested.

I checked out the photos and he is fantastic!! I didn't even realize that you avatar image was of a model horse. I thought the photo was a painting! You did a great job on him!

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:51 pm

Scott: Thank you, I did have good travels indeed. Got to sit in a car a lot, which is always nice. Met two nigh-agreeable people and came off as a stuttering twit, but that's likely because I am a stuttering twit - and at least I came out of it all with new books to read.

Katty: Thank you kindly! He has an equally high-heeled 1:9 big brother currently cooking up (as well as two 1:30 siblings) who shouldn't end up sporting the many flaws he has (he is fairly old work), but it's going to be a while yet before those will get finished. If I ever get them done, I'll post a few shots here, too.

Alright, on to the last few days' haul. I got run over by a car the other week, so instead of putting the compensation towards fixing my bust bike, I bought myself some consolatory goldfish. I also recently received goodies from Taos, Ezhilan and a fellow Finn not on this forum (thank you all!), and the queerly coinciding arrival of this multitude of trade parcels made for what must be the best haul of the summer. (And the last, if I do intend to get that bike fixed before winter.) Behold, if you will:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
(Sorry for the double appearance of the pug. I couldn't get the blighter out of the picture.)

And some individual shots:

Yujin redcap oranda (tanchou) goldfish (Carassius auratus auratus) from their Aquarium Fish in Colour series 2.

Kitan Club Nature Techni Colour humphead wrasse (Cheilinus undulatus). This has got to be the best model of anything I've ever seen.
I can't quite believe I've been trusted to house something as sublime. (I did pay for the privilege, of course..) My pictures do it no justice at all.

Kaiyodo Dinotales 2002 Dino Expo limited edition seismosaurus (or Diplodocus hallorum, more likely) skeleton.

Kaiyodo Dinotales series 3 Hallucigenia. The cat hairs and dust are complimentary.

Kitan Club Nature Techni Colour pale chub (Zacco platypus), swimming over some of the most realistic plastic pebbles I've met.

Yujin Aquarium Fish in Colour series 1 ryukin goldfish.
More pictures of the fish, Hallucigenia & Steller feller may be seen [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and more of the skeletals [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Last edited by koniminiatures on Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:16 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:49 pm

Wow. I clicked your link for "Tennessee Walking Horse" and your paint-up is absolutely lovely!
It is.
It's amazing! But then....I got curious about Tennessee Walking horses and made the mistake of Googling them. I ended up with some Youtube videos that almost made my stomach turn....UGH~!

But anyways..I love the fishes.
The colours and movement in the sculptures are beautiful.
I had some of those ryukin goldfish myself and the sculpt is spot on.

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:10 am

Yep, stack-shod TWHs are an utter, utter abomination. That's why I do them. It's the same with the massively deformed goldfish, really, and a lot of the dog & cattle models I go for.. I suppose chief part of my collecting is like that (I work in animal welfare, so..). It's not so much about celebrating the stuff depicted as it is just one more way of occupying my struggling mind trying to fathom the crap we people pull on non-human animals with such relish.

Back to top Go down
NandO

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:13 am

LEA great Perfecto !! they must be expensive.. affraid Suspect 

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:52 am

Cars should be disposed, so that we only travel by bikes and horses Very Happy Razz Very nice additions, the are so many I never knew of! And Hallucigenia Shocked ! And I like the cheeky pup, some just like the flashing lights Very Happy

Wow. I clicked your link for "Tennessee Walking Horse" and your paint-up is absolutely lovely!
It is.
It's amazing! But then....I got curious about Tennessee Walking horses and made the mistake of Googling them. I ended up with some Youtube videos that almost made my stomach turn....UGH~!

I was curious and did the same, and oh my God, it's sick what they do to them Sad Put acid an their feet to make them walk in a particular way?! Hit the horses! What are these people - psycopaths I assume! Evil or Very Mad I almost cried wathcing that... I hope the organisation made sure to stop it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:03 am

Wonderful additions again:-)

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:49 pm

Thank you for your comments, NandO, Carola and Andreas!
LEA great Perfecto !! they must be expensive.. affraid Suspect 
They weren't terribly expensive (at least in my opinion, considering how well-made they are) - most of them cost under $5, postage included. I wouldn't have taken them if they had been expensive, the mingy thing I am. Laughing 

I was curious and did the same, and oh my God, it's sick what they do to them Sad Put acid an their feet to make them walk in a particular way?! Hit the horses! What are these people - psycopaths I assume! :evil:I almost cried wathcing that... I hope the organisation made sure to stop it!
Yes, the "big lick", as it's called, is an abhorrent practice. As for the people torturing the horses, I doubt they're much different from your average joe. Likely they've just got different priorities and have (like most people, mind) learned from since they were young to not perceive of non-human animals as entities worthy of inclusion to any moral system, but rather as mere objects. There's big money and social regard to be attained in that particular horse-torturing business, too - like in most animal-torturing businesses around the world.

Last edited by koniminiatures on Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:20 pm

Great fish, hope your bike heals itself easily.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://schleich.animobil.info
scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:28 am

Beautiful new models Lea! The fish are especially lovely. Congrats!
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:26 pm

Thank you Tiermann and Scott! The bike, I fear, may well be beyond repair financially; buying a new, used one is likely to come cheaper. Makes me sad (and angry) - it was a very good bike, nigh new too.

The fish, Scott, are my favourites of the bunch as well. They are really well made!

I almost cried wathcing that... I hope the organisation made sure to stop it!  
I forgot to comment on this bit, Carola: I'm not sure if you are under the impression the horse-hitting and soring are things of the past now, but I'll reiterate they are not. No organisation, the US government included, has succeeded in ending that. The big lick people have lost some financial support due to social pressure from the outside world in the recent years, but their attitudes and practices appear effectively unchanged.

Last edited by koniminiatures on Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:56 pm

I really like your taste in figurines, although i fear the crippled carps for being a living nightmare-outcome of something once called "tradition".

Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:07 pm

As I mention above, I concur on your view of the goldfish, PeGe. I find the goldfish models as (or more..) grotesque as the big lick TWH horses I have (and create) models of in my collections. I'd love to find an equally accurate model of an unmutated Prussian carp to supplement the sad freak show I now have on my shelves to illustrate how far from the able, camouflaged, quick thing the fish have been made become.

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:30 am

Great load of additions Lea, those fish are exquisite! Even though I don't collect fish, I find myself wishing I had these! Laughing 

I hope you weren't injured in your bike accident, must have been terrifying!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:28 am

Thanks for the comment, Harriet! I faintly remember a time when I, too, "didn't collect fish". I was indeed injured in that accident, but it mostly managed to incense rather than terrify. (I've been hit so many times now it fails to spook anymore. No, Finns cannot care to drive politely amid their vehicular weakers for a kind crap, and I find I cannot politely yield to their disregard either.)

Back to top Go down
Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:48 am

Yes, the "big lick", as it's called, is an abhorrent practice. As for the people torturing the horses, I doubt they're much different from your average joe. Likely they've just got different priorities and have (like most people, mind) learned from since they were young to not perceive of non-human animals as entities worthy of inclusion to any moral system, but rather as mere objects. There's big money and social regard to be attained in that particular horse-torturing business, too - like in most animal-torturing businesses around the world.

I see yes, you are right in that, but somehow the youngs then should be informed and given the view on animals as other than 'things'. Though I guess maybe a human has a natural urge for feeling empathy towards other living beings despite whatever they'we been told.. Or maybe that's just the mind of a romanticist..? ..
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:11 pm

I see yes, you are right in that, but somehow the youngs then should be informed and given the view on animals as other than 'things'. Though I guess maybe a human has a natural urge for feeling empathy towards other living beings despite whatever they'we been told.. Or maybe that's just the mind of a romanticist..? ..

Carola, I quite agree youngsters ought to be taught to view other beings as entities of their own, of course. It's just not a very lucrative or effortless way of thought to promote. As for our having any natural urge towards empathy, I've grown a bit skeptical of the notion. People have a strong drive to think of people and to an extent other animals in terms of groups, I guess, wherein the in-group, "us", as it were, is fiercely defended and empathized with, and the outgroups, "them", are easily dealt with in an actively hostile manner and certainly without significant empathy (which could even be construed as an act of treason, in a way). Most people seem to view most other people, let alone different species, as members of different out-groups and treat them accordingly.

Well, onto my plasticky personal in-groups of the month.. Here's a batch that came in a day or two ago from a massive, long-outstanding trade I am utterly chuffed with (great big thanks to Deseo!). Included are also a few eBay finds, a Schleich Husky from Taos (thank you!), and a Safari Oviraptor from Saarlooswolfhound (thank you as well!).

Mmm, it's dogs again. Who might have guessed? For a slightly more detailed view as well as information on their makes, please see the SUY dogs thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. The lone wolf not shown in the SUY is a Kaiyodo ChocoQ Animatales series 2 Japanese wolf 046 (Canis lupus hodophilax).

Kaiyodos (finally got that giant rabbit!), a Britains 1970 Jersey cow 2152, and the Safari 2005 "female" earlier paint version Oviraptor.

A few individual shots:

Kaiyodo UHA Dinotales series 5 096a Protoceratops pondering his fate with the series 6 104a Protoceratops skeleton. I never thought I'd find the fleshed-out version at a price I could afford.

Kaiyodo  2005 Aquatales Enoshima Aquarium series 2 06 hatching Japanese swellshark (Cephaloscyllium umbratile).

Waiphoon Bull terrier. The details on this one are amazingly good, from bunched-up fascia to cowlicks and ridges in the fur. The shark teeth give him a slightly demonic touch, though. (He can't actually levitate, mind, despite otherwise demonic appearances - I merely happened to photograph him on very uneven footing. It's a shame; I'd rather like a levitating, shark-toothed Bull terrier.)

Last edited by koniminiatures on Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:51 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:18 pm

Lea, beautiful pictures and descriptions! I never thought I would enjoy a skeleton but this protoceratops is full of life... I mean... scratch .... full of bones! Wink
I also enjoy the big dog shelf project! Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:12 pm

Thank you, Rogério! The Protoceratops skeleton is indeed a very nice model. The Kaiyodo skeletals tend to be quite full of expression and movement, even if they are mere bare bones.

The dogs are nearly all headed for customisation eventually, but in the meanwhile they certainly do take up a shelf all on their own. I'm very lucky they cannot bark.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Today at 1:26 am

Back to top Go down

Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next