Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:08 am

You had great adds Lea and you have great taste Applause And I love also the way you are showing them cheers
And please, tell your tiny scandalized man that STS is a special place made for unlimited praising and protect other sites from this bad habit Laughing

At last, I would be very happy to watch a Preiser bull walkaround Wink

Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:45 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

The head of the small fish is transparent and filled with fluid. Inside it are two tubular green eyes which the fish can point either ahead or upwards. Now, I'd like to have that. Maybe with a bit more durability, but yeah.. Could covertly birdwatch while biking. Dazzle folks with my rotating, green, flipping long eyeballs. Look at my massive brain(case..) in the mirror. I'd be a hit at the clubs, I would.

Lea, with this idea you just made my day!!! It's so incredibly funny to imagine that!!! lol! lol! lol! I guess you could describe the person with such head in a story or something Very Happy drunken

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:37 pm

Loved the video, mainly the part where the bizarre creature is almost captured! Laughing

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Phexedrine

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:56 pm

Congrats on your new additions ! Your little tanks are especially appealing too !
Thank you! The snails, I'm sure, would appreciate your appreciation if they could comprehend the concept; they came to me from a life of being 'eww'ed at and squashed as a pest in a shop aquarium. Happily, I don't think they understood that reception either.

You're welcome ! I used to have the same kind of snails in one of my tanks but as my betta has a habit of eating everything that fits into his mouth they didn't last for long. I remember the time ; like 10 years ago, when I started having aquariums, those snails were also considered as pests. Now with this new trend of "natural" tanks they have regained a new status. I hope this will stay the norm as they are really useful little creatures.

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:59 am

Holy mother! Really really amazing new additions Lea! The Lineols! the Seismosaurus! The Preiser Bull! wonderful wonderful acquisitions.
Back to top Go down
Noémi

Country/State : Hungary

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:29 pm

Lea, I saw this horse in a previous page, what kind of horse is this?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

For sale: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Search list: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.sostozoo.hu/
Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:57 am

Lea's wicked CollectA TWH custom, I'm sure cyclops Looking very much forward to see if it gets some paint eventually Very Happy

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:40 pm

Lea's wicked CollectA TWH custom, I'm sure cyclops Looking very much forward to see if it gets some paint eventually Very Happy

How I missed this information!? Shocked It looks so good I thought it was like some Breyer Tradi re-scuplt,,. @ Amazing work cyclops cyclops

I might be an awkward person but that's me and I'm not gonna change myself
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:38 am

You had great adds Lea and you have great taste Applause  And I love also the way you are showing them cheers  
And please, tell your tiny scandalized man that STS is a special place made for unlimited praising and protect other sites from this bad habit Laughing

At last, I would be very happy to watch a Preiser bull walkaround Wink

Thank you Kiki! None too hard to mock up having actual taste when there are this many excellent models in existence - most I've got to do is decline from curbing my greed. Twisted Evil I'll forward your regards to the tiny loud man. I'm sure he'll hate it.  

Oh, my - that Preiser bull has already seen primer, I'm afraid. I've been basecoating groups of to-be repaints lately, and I'm sorry to say the bull was included among those. I wonder, would a walkaround of the sculpt be of any use to you if I made it once the bull were pastelled an uniform light grey (that'll be the base for the new colour anyway)? That way the sculpture and its topographical detail would still be well visible, even if the original paint scheme obviously weren't. I'm sorry not to have come by and learned of your wish sooner - I would of course have kept the bull from primer for a walkaround. I do wish I found the time to visit the forum more regularly - I expect his kind of thing wouldn't happen then.

The head of the small fish is transparent and filled with fluid. Inside it are two tubular green eyes which the fish can point either ahead or upwards. Now, I'd like to have that. Maybe with a bit more durability, but yeah.. Could covertly birdwatch while biking. Dazzle folks with my rotating, green, flipping long eyeballs. Look at my massive brain(case..) in the mirror. I'd be a hit at the clubs, I would.

Lea, with this idea you just made my day!!! It's so incredibly funny to imagine that!!!  lol! lol! lol!  I guess you could describe the person with such head in a story or something Very Happy drunken

What a Face I'm not sure, but I think that story begins like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]:

He would see faces in movies, on T.V., in magazines, and in books nature documentaries, dissection videos, blogs, and biology publications
He thought that some of these faces might be right for him
and that over the years, by keeping an ideal facial structure fixed in his mind
or somewhere in the back of his mind, that he might,
by force of will, cause his face to approach those of his ideal.
The change would be very subtle. It might take ten years or so.
Gradually, his face would change its shape:
A more hooked nose, wider, thinner lips, beady eyes, a larger forehead transparent braincase, greener, longer eyes, smaller nostrils, a shinier forehead.

Congrats on your new additions ! Your little tanks are especially appealing too !
Thank you! The snails, I'm sure, would appreciate your appreciation if they could comprehend the concept; they came to me from a life of being 'eww'ed at and squashed as a pest in a shop aquarium. Happily, I don't think they understood that reception either.

You're welcome ! I used to have the same kind of snails in one of my tanks but as my betta has a habit of eating everything that fits into his mouth they didn't last for long. I remember the time ; like 10 years ago, when I started having aquariums, those snails were also considered as pests. Now with this new trend of "natural" tanks they have regained a new status. I hope this will stay the norm as they are really useful little creatures.

Ah, I wasn't aware of such a change in attitudes. That's good! There's never too much of invert appreciation. Now I just wish news of that trend reached our local pet shop aquarium keeper, too..

Noémi, the horse you posted is indeed The Apologist, a Collecta Tennessee walker customized with a lengthened body, new legs, tail and some added details. This is, as ever, mentioned in the original text accompanying its pictures. Here's for your amusement a small timeline of the figurine's changes from original finish to base paint, at which stage it's now stuck:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thank you Carola and Jonas for cheering it on - maybe one day I'll actually finish it, too..! Rolling Eyes Thanks also to Scott for your comment - I'm glad you enjoyed the newbies!

Lea K.  |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by koniminiatures on Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:45 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:33 am

Thank you Kiki! None too hard to mock up having actual taste when there are this many excellent models in existence - most I've got to do is decline from curbing my greed. Twisted Evil I'll forward your regards to the tiny loud man. I'm sure he'll hate it.  

Oh, my - that Preiser bull has already seen primer, I'm afraid. I've been basecoating groups of to-be repaints lately, and I'm sorry to say the bull was included among those. I wonder, would a walkaround of the sculpt be of any use to you if I made it once the bull were pastelled an uniform light grey (that'll be the base for the new colour anyway)? That way the sculpture and its topographical detail would still be well visible, even if the original paint scheme obviously weren't. I'm sorry not to have come by and learned of your wish sooner - I would of course have kept the bull from primer for a walkaround. I do wish I found the time to visit the forum more regularly - I expect his kind of thing wouldn't happen then.

Too bad No Wink Next time you fall addict of an unusual model, please make a walkaround Very Happy

Noémi

Country/State : Hungary

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:20 pm

Wow! I can't find words! Fantastic! Applause

For sale: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Search list: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.sostozoo.hu/
koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:08 am

Duly noted, Kikimalou! I'll know better next time.

Thank you Noémi - I'm glad you like the custom!

Incidentally, here are some beauties that arrived from Noémi not long ago - I didn't even know she was sending them out yet, but somehow she managed to have them arrive precisely on my birthday. Imagine my surprise upon receiving this parcel out of the blue. Inside were raw castings of Noémi's wonderful gaur cow and banteng bull, pictured here with their beautiful custom boxes and cards:

Noémi has trusted me to mend the models and has even agreed to allow me to customize them - thank you very much indeed, Noémi! I can't wait to get to start on them.

Lea K.  |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by koniminiatures on Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:30 am

Congrats! I can't wait to see what you do with them bounce

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:37 am

Yay so awesome! Noémi's work is fantastic! I'm so curious to see what you'll make for them Very Happy

I might be an awkward person but that's me and I'm not gonna change myself
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:13 am

They are wonderful!!  Big congratulations Lea!!

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:35 am

Eh, it will be exciting! Fantastic Noémi works being retouched by your magic hands! bounce bounce

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:48 am

Congrats! I can't wait to see what you do with them bounce

bounce bounce cheers

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:50 pm

Thanks everyone! I wish I had more pairs of hands to be working at all the sculptures with... Can't wait to start with these models.

Back to top Go down
arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:30 pm

These figures are amazing! 
I can't wait to see what you will do with them! Very Happy

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:48 pm

Beautiful newcomers again Lea! And well, belated but BEST WISHES FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY!! I hope you had great day! Smile

Lea, with this idea you just made my day!!! It's so incredibly funny to imagine that!!!  lol! lol! lol!  I guess you could describe the person with such head in a story or something Very Happy drunken

What a Face I'm not sure, but I think that story begins like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]:

He would see faces in movies, on T.V., in magazines, and in books nature documentaries, dissection videos, blogs, and biology publications
He thought that some of these faces might be right for him
and that over the years, by keeping an ideal facial structure fixed in his mind
or somewhere in the back of his mind, that he might,
by force of will, cause his face to approach those of his ideal.
The change would be very subtle. It might take ten years or so.
Gradually, his face would change its shape:
A more hooked nose, wider, thinner lips, beady eyes, a larger forehead transparent braincase, greener, longer eyes, smaller nostrils, a shinier forehead.

Great beginning of the story Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:51 pm

Thank you Bryan & Anna! I did have a good day then indeed, Anna - with the surprise arrival of those models it would have been difficult not to do. I'll be sure to post here what becomes of them once I get to working on the two. Your gaur (gayal) bull hopefully won't have to be lonely for long.

Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:15 am

Christmas cattle!

Last edited by koniminiatures on Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:23 am

It is usual to see cattle in Nativity scenes, interesting to see your recent interest in this kind of animals. Very Happy Congratulations! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:09 am

Thank you Roger! My interest in cattle isn't very recent - I've always been quite drawn to the look of cattle - but my acting on that interest as a collector perhaps is, yes. For an anatomically-minded equine enthusiast like myself, they read like madly amplified versions of horses - all jutting bone, wrinkling hide and rolling fascia. It makes for fun sculpting and viewing, for sure.

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:40 am

cheers cheers cheers

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Today at 5:18 pm

Back to top Go down

Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top