Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Please vote for Show Us Yours of October! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 

Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
sauroid

Country/State : usa

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:57 pm

wow Lea, the new figures are gorgeous. you should get the rest of the dinotales figures from the series where the Protoceratops and Oviraptor came from.Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:34 pm

They are very nice, indeed. I'm slowly trawling through the entire Dinotales saga, picking out the ones that most please me. The fleshed-out Protocera and Oviraptor are both series 5 releases and the series is indeed a very fine one, but I doubt I'll ever go for trying to collect all of the figurines in it (or I hope I won't - oh, the expenditure!) - I'll just cherry-pick my way through it. :)

Lea K.  |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Wow, fantastic additions! The Kaiyodo newcomers are so beautiful :)

Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:02 pm

Wonderful newcomers, especially the Kaiyodos. Now i dont know if i will add the baby swell shark in my zoo or not.:-)

Country/State : usa

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:06 pm

you should/must Andreas. it's an excellent figure! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NandO

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:17 am

lea another great catch cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:55 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
It's a shame; I'd rather like a levitating, shark-toothed Bull terrier.)
Laughing Laughing 

Congratulations Lea, that is an amazing haul cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:16 pm

Thanks for the comments, everyone!

Widukind: I too do recommend that swellshark. It is a beautiful, well-engineered model. The composition of the coral may be a tad flat, but the model's finishwork, especially on the egg case, is very detailed. The translucent plastic has layered striations and mottling that shows beautifully as light passes through the figurine. The body of the hatching shark can also be seen dimly through the "collagen". I also appreciate the point in the shark's life cycle that they've chosen for the figurine; rather than an adult shark merely swimming along, we get to see the ornamental "devil's purse" and the way it clings by its tendrils to the coral environment as the hatchling struggles free of it.

Lea K.  |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by koniminiatures on Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PeGe

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:13 pm

...that shark! ..that Rabbit! ...Inspiring!

Back to top Go down
Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:54 pm

I see what you mean with the groupings, I can completely follow your thoughts :)
But away from the sad subjects...

Those are wonderful additions! The Dobermann looks absolutely handsome cyclops I just love that noble shape. Despite that cutting the ears ( and tails - don't know what it's called in English) is bad, I think.. not sure why it's done to the dogs.... But it does look good with the pointy ears, I have to confess! silent And since it's a replica... I guess it's ok.

Sawllshark is very interesting. Googled photos - and how fascinating it is!

And nice with a levitating demon dog, even though he's just doing tricks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:57 pm

Thanks for the comments, everyone!

Widukind: I too do recommend that swellshark. It is a beautiful, well-engineered model. The composition of the coral may be a tad flat, but the model's finishwork, especially on the egg case, is very detailed. The translucent plastic has layered striations and mottling that shows beautifully as light passes through the figurine. The body of the hatching shark can also be seen dimly through the "collagen". I also appreciate the point in the shark's life cycle that they've chosen for the figurine; rather than an adult shark merely swimming along, we get to see the ornamental "devil's purse" and the way it clings by its tendrils to the coral environment as the hatchling struggles free of it.

Thank you sunny sunny 

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:57 pm

No problem, Widukind! I should have more photos of the shark up on my website in the next week or two, if you need additional views before deciding.

Thank you for your comments, Carola! I agree the Dobermann is a handsome devil. I, too, find ear cropping and tail docking repugnant yet the resulting look oft quite pleasing. The mutilated "look" could, as I understand, be more or less achieved with relative ease in real dogs through sheer crossbreeding followed by a few generations of "back-breeding" to regain the overall appearance typical of the breed (I wish I could find the website.. it had a photographic timeline of one breeder's progress towards naturally pointy-eared Dobermanns, I think it was..). No cutting up of live animals would be necessary. Apparently breed purists find the idea abhorrent, though, and obviously outnumber - or outshout in any case - the relatively sane.

It's a pretty alien mindset when even cutting out a part of a live animal's spinal column for fashion is seen as preferable to mixing a bit of one freshly-invented 'breed' into another.

Last edited by koniminiatures on Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:15 am

Great catches Lea Applause  I love the hatching Japanese swellshark Shocked  Could you make a walkaround please ? Very Happy 

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:39 am

Wonderful new additions Lea! I particularly love the Protoceratops and the Oviraptor by Kaiyodo. I just got that Oviraptor recently as well! Same color scheme too. I love it. Congratulations on so many wonderful finds!
Back to top Go down
Carola

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:19 pm

Thank you for commenting my comment Very Happy The discussion is very interesting. I know only very little of dog breeding, but the web you mention sounds interesting. I hope you remember it sometime cheers 
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:24 pm

Thank you for the comments, everyone - and sorry to reply so late (recently any new forum comments haven't been showing up highlighted for me). Kikimalou: I'll give the forumers a walkaround of the swellshark, sure, when next I'm photographing models. [EDIT 19.11.2013: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].]

Scott: Ha, you got her too! She's a very nifty figurine, isn't she? Probably my favourite non-skeletal Dinotales dino, actually - an intriguing species, lively restoration and skilful engineering.

Carola: I'll try to dig up that site, although I wouldn't hold my breath for it - it was rather an old one. If my memory serves me correctly, though, it can be found through the comment discussions in a post or two on the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. The place offers useful information about the dog breeding world overall. I recommend the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of the same name, as well - it illustrates the point far better, in fact, than do the supplementary blog texts. The thing should be mandatory viewing for anyone looking to purchase a "purebred" dog.

Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:12 am

Here are some of my newcomers from the month or two I was away. I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but here are most I've received. A big thank you to all who helped me get these treasures!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Leftmost a Safari Dinosaur Skulls Toob Triceratops; on the background a slightly damaged Kaiyodo Birdtales series 1 Bird's Nest Figure Collection (2004) Japanese paradise flycatcher; on the foreground Kaiyodo Birdtales series 1 Bird's Nest Figure Collection (2004) 10 red-flanked bluetail (thank you Jarda for these birds!); a Kaiyodo Tyrannosaurus skeleton from the Capsule Q Museum 2013 Tyrannosaurus 6-piece set (with a wee human skeleton underfoot for scale); next to him from the same set a Tyrannosaurus skull (with a human skull for scale); in the center a Safari Rainforest Toob Emerald Boa; in the foreground a Safari Desert Toob horned lizard (thank you Nando!); next to it a Britains knockoff alligator; above him his larger cousin, a Britains Ltd. 1972 crocodile (thank you Goatherder for both crocs!); background rightmost a Kaiyodo Capsule Aquarium 012 Humboldt penguin skeleton (Spheniscus humboldti); and rightmost an unidentified lizard (thank you again Nando!).

Does anyone happen to know the species/subspecies for the above crocodile & lizards? Or the make for the rightmost little lizard?

A Kitan Club Nature Techni Colour Japanese Freshwater Fish set 08 Japanese fluvial sculpin; Yujin/Takara Tomy A.R.T.S Aquarium Fish In Colour/Aquarium Golden Fish Series 02 secret figure, panda telescope eye goldfish; Takara Tomy A.R.T.S 3-D Capsule Encyclopedia National Museum of Nature and Science / 2011 Tokyo Dinosaur Expo 8-piece set Tyrannosaurus Rex skeleton, secret brown version.

Safari Lipizzan stallion (in a halter I cooked up quick) and Schleich Hanoverian stallion. Thank you Carola!

Leftmost background a Wing Crown spitz (thank you Nando!); leftmost foreground an AAA Boxer pup (thank you Goatherder!); center background a Schleich Husky & Great Dane; center foreground the porcelain Hagen-Renaker miniatures Rottweiler and Basset (a thank you to Taos for all these "center dogs"!); big old 1960's Lomonosov porcelain German Shepherd; and the king of them all, a tiny repainted lapdog, a wonderful gift from Nando (thank you!).

Some individual pictures and details:

(The flycatcher's nest.)

Last edited by koniminiatures on Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:53 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:22 am

Wow, what a treasure trove! Congrats.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
NandO

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:08 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 
beautiful addition lea... specially "Skulls"

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:30 am

Thanks, you both! I like the skulls, too. The t-rex one is even hinged so the mandible is movable:

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:05 am

Wow, great additions Lea! I love the Lomonosov Shepherd, I've seen him on eBay a few times and have been tempted, but he's quite a biggin isn't he?

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:16 am

Bunches of beauties cheers 

Those little birds are fantastic ! And the fish ! And the...all are beautyful Applause 

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:46 am

Quite a new type of herd the little horsies had to face when hitting Finland affraid cheers Wink 

Lovely halter for the Lipizzan, he is now in the Danish colours sunny - or Japaneese tongue

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:22 am

Thank you all for the lovely comments! The Lomonosov Schäfer is indeed majestically big - a little over 22cm long. Doesn't sound like much, but the dog's as long as a soup ladle, and about as heavy..

Quite a new type of herd the little horsies had to face when hitting Finland affraid cheers Wink 
I didn't dare put them in the horsey herd I have - instead of other species, they would have had to face missing limbs, faces and ears by the dozen. Perhaps when I have at least one custom horse successfully put back together, your two will have a same-species herdmate.

Lovely halter for the Lipizzan, he is now in the Danish colours sunny
That's sort of what I was thinking of when I picked the colour. Cool

Last edited by koniminiatures on Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:28 am

Very, very nice additions you have there, congrats!! Love the triceratops skull and the great Dane :3

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://night-lioness.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Today at 3:33 am

Back to top Go down

Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next