Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:34 am

Big congratulations wonderful additions, especially the Kaiyodo birds.Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause  Can you share please closer pics of the lizard on the right side question 

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:53 am

Thank you both! I'll snap closer shots of the lizard as soon as I get back home from work.

Lea K.  |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:45 pm

Congrats! I love the penguin skeleton and the basset hound. cheers The t-rex skull is huge Shocked compared to the human's. Shocked

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:48 pm

Very very nice newcomers, especially Kaiyodo Bird Tales! Congrats! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:12 pm

Thank you for the comments! The rex skull is indeed massive, and the forces the structure was able to generate are quite something too. The tyrannosaurus had 30-centimetre teeth and a bite force approximately equal to the weight of a grown elephant. Not much skeleton Jack there beside him might have done about that, I guess.

Lea K.  |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:17 pm

Great figures and very diversified. Very Happy
I hope someone can help you with the crocs, I am useless with this kind of creatures. Wink
Hmmm, I don't know if I like to know that the STS official distributor of crocs is called goatherder. Evil or Very Mad Laughing Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:30 pm

Thank you, Roger! A good number of crocs do seem to issue forth from Phil's vaults, yes. Perhaps he's keeping the goats all to himself, eh?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Can you share please closer pics of the lizard on the right side question 
Here we are, he and a fellow he came with:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:21 am

Wonderful new additions Lea! I love the T-rex Kaiyodo set. I have the skeleton but not the skull. I think I have to get it now.

The penguin skeleton is awesome.
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:44 am

The lizards are great, what brand are they?:-)

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:35 pm

The lizards are great, what brand are they?:-)
Well here's a late and relatively useless reply (sorry, Andreas - I only noticed your question now!): I'm afraid I've no info on their make. The yellow one is unmarked, but the greenish does have 'S.H. CK MADE IN CHINA 3' stamped on its belly. Both came from the wonderful Nando in Indonesia, if that's any help.

Now. I received a massive, heavy package in the mail today. (Alright, the weight was mainly sculpting epoxy, but still. The rest of the contents require some gravitas.) In that package were some of the best figurines I've ever received, and one in particular I've been doing mental handstands and quite audible whoops and hurrahs about for some months now. No, I won't show it yet. Group pictures first:

Colorata whale shark, manta ray, cats galore and wee AAA shepherd are courtesy of Philipp (PeGe) - thank you! Shown are also a Papo running rex and Kaiyodo Aquatales - Enoshima Aquarium Bathynomus doederleini, which is now my favourite Kaiyodo by far. (Come on, it's a gigantic isopod doing an aquatic cartwheel on a bottle cap. And it's giving its viewers the evil eye while at it!)

CollectA Clydesdale stallion & Papo caribou. The former turned out to be utterly huge! Perhaps it's only right, given his breed, but really, he's nearly two CollectA Hafling horses tall! His right hind leg and amusingly narrow head (the muzzle on my copy is, puzzlingly, broader than its brow..) make him a fixer-upper, but he was headed for repainting anyways and should make a handsome old gelding one day. The caribou isn't too shabby either - I'm pleasantly surprised by how accurate the details on it are. Some of its proportions are a bit off, but that's all fixable - the figure will likely become a Finnish forest reindeer custom. Certainly it is getting some new paint on.

And here's the real gem, right there in the middle! The reclining Neapolitan mastiff is an original sculpture our Deseo was kind enough to create just for me, from scratch - paint, collar and all! Isn't he grand? I've never been as excited about a model as I am with this one. I'll create a topic just for him for me to rave on about in the Homemade models section once I get some decent photographs taken - but for now, I can offer the below tasters. Accompanying the regal mastiff in the above picture are the new and very dapper Papo Dane, the surprisingly (or at least relatively) unexaggerated Country Artists Best in Show Basset Hound, a keen AAA bowing shepherd, TOPPS Precious Puppies 07 Bull terrier 'Spike' and a tiny China/AMSCAN molosser.

Detail shots, Deseo's neo first, others after:

That was the parcel day of the decade, for me! So many excellent models, (new epoxy to play around with,) new favourite Kaiyodo, and - best of all - that gem of a Neapolitan! I'm humbled to be able to own such an excellent - and literally unique! - sculpture, and will create a dedicated thread later for more views of him. I want to thank Deseo for creating him, and for most of the other figurines as well, actually - they came from her in a trade. Thank you also PeGe for the feline frenzy, surprise shepherd and superb sharks. If you, reader, got this far with my blathering, I thank you - I hope you too were able to feel some of my enthusiasm for these marvellous newcomers!

Last edited by koniminiatures on Wed May 07, 2014 6:35 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Corrected the gender on the Collecta Clyde)
Back to top Go down
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:44 pm

Fantastic newcomers! The mastiff is indeed really good, those eyes, so dreamy and comfy Very Happy
And those cats must be very brave, riding on such a big and dangerous T-Rex!  Laughing 
Feel some of your enthusiasm? I felt it a lot!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://night-lioness.deviantart.com/
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:11 pm

Beautiful new additions! cheers cheers The mastiff is absolutely amazing, big congratulations!

Do you have any information on the Country Artists brand? I found a few and I'm trying to get rid of them. sunny

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:39 am

Your enthusiasm is evident in your comments and it is always interesting to read your posts. Anytime you do it I feel like reading a magazine expertized in animal toy figures. cheers
Congratulations for all your additions and really great work from Emilia. Looking forward to see your thread dedicated to it. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
NandO

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:26 am

wow Lea... what a great addition... i just love your T-REX  cheers cheers cheers cheers 

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:07 am

Wow these are fabulous additions Lea!! I love Emilia's custom, beautiful.
That basset hound is gorgeous, I've been quite impressed by some of the Country Artist best in Show.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:55 am

Great new additions!! I especially love the Kaiyodo crayfish  cheers cheers cheers cheers 

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:05 am

Fantastic new acquisitions Lea! Wow!

The custom Neapolitan Mastiff is really wonderful. And I also think that the Bassett Hounds is particular marvelous.

What great pictures to share! Thank you so much.
Back to top Go down
Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:15 am

I like very much your photos, especially the cat caretaker T-rex  sunny 

I wonder though, the CollectA Clyde is a stallion I think - unless calling him a girl is part of a joke I didn't get  Razz 
But yes, the strange narrow face was also something that bothered me a lot with that model.
Now I found another owner for him, who can love him more than I did  Very Happy 

Will be interesting what you will make him into!

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:28 pm

Now I found another owner for him, who can love him more than I did  Very Happy 

sunny cheers Wink cheers sunny 

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:52 pm

Thank you for the many comments, everyone! I'm gladdened so many found this interesting enough to view through. I'm very fond of the Papo rex, too, Nando - and likewise, Scott & Harriet, I find the Country Artists Basset a very nice piece. In fact, I think I shall have to try and hunt down some more from that series if I can. As for Deseo's glorious Neapolitan, I shall have the thread up soon on him. (I'll link it here as well, once I have.)

Schleich_Figures_4U wrote:
Do you have any information on the Country Artists brand? I found a few and I'm trying to get rid of them. sunny

I only know they're a UK brand producing home decor, typically British countryside themed stuff, in mass produced industrial resin. Of he dogs they have several lines, the Best in Show one being in my opinion the best-sculpted. I might be interested in seeing what you've got that you're looking to get rid of - I think I'll shoot you a message.

Your enthusiasm is evident in your comments and it is always interesting to read your posts. Anytime you do it I feel like reading a magazine expertized in animal toy figures. cheers
Well, that is certainly a very generous description. Perhaps more so than deserved; it is, after all, mostly just me blathering on, isn't it - there's usually woefully little of actual information mixed in. Laughing Thank you kindly, nonetheless, for the compliment! I'm very happy to hear you don't mind reading on.

I wonder though, the CollectA Clyde is a stallion I think - unless calling him a girl is part of a joke I didn't get  Razz 
But yes, the strange narrow face was also something that bothered me a lot with that model.
Will be interesting what you will make him into!
Ah yes, that was my mistake entirely - I confused him with another heavy I have on my desk, a Shire mare. The Clyde is indeed a stallion, and shall likely remain that way with me. He has had a leg cut off and has his head currently sawn in half for broadening, though - perhaps he would have preferred to have lost only is gonads as per my initial introduction. He'll probably become a sunburnt black sabino or even a fleabitten grey one - he hasn't told me yet. (In fact all he's said so far has been "THE HELL YOU DOING I NEED THAT LEG! NOO! MAH FAAAACE!")

(Don't worry Carola, your poor Hanoverian and Lipizzan were spared the sight. They're hanging out with the snakes and skulls with their backs turned.)

Last edited by koniminiatures on Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:23 pm

Scott & Harriet, I find the Country Artists Basset a very nice piece. In fact, I think I shall have to try and hunt down some more from that series if I can.
If you don't already have it, I thoroughly recommend the Dalmatian, it's beautiful. I have photos if you'd like to be convinced Wink

Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:57 pm

Oh, by all means, convince me!

Last edited by koniminiatures on Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:25 am

Ah yes, that was my mistake entirely - I confused him with another heavy I have on my desk - a Shire mare. The Clyde is indeed a stallion, and shall likely remain that way with me. He has had a leg cut off and has his head currently swan in half for broadening, though - perhaps he would have preferred to have lost only is gonads as per my initial introduction. He'll probably become a sunburnt black sabino or even a fleabitten grey one - he hasn't told me yet. (In fact all he's said so far has been "THE HELL YOU DOING I NEED THAT LEG! NOO! MAH FAAAACE!")

(Don't worry Carola, your poor Hanoverian and Lipizzan were spared the sight. They're hanging out with the snakes and skulls with their backs turned.)

Oh goodness  Laughing 

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:13 pm

Oh, by all means, convince me!
I sent you a load of photos Lea  Razz 

Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:00 pm

Got them - thank you! He is a lovely sculpt indeed, if not my breed exactly. I especially like the expression he's got on his face.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Today at 9:07 pm

Back to top Go down

Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next