Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou

Go down 
+16
75senta75
Gulogulo76
scot(t)
Joan Milelire
Roger
PeGe
widukind
arafan
lucky luke
SeanieP
Ana
SUSANNE
Florian
skysthelimit
Saarlooswolfhound
Kikimalou
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 6:47 am

Yesterday, an unexpected package came from Asia. Inside was a 2013 MOJÖ catalogue and a wonderful monkey Wink.
Thank you very much James to be my June Santa Claus cheers. This gift warm my heart much that I can tell !
That's enough for the drama... king  It's time to share some pics (and context Wink) with you !

The proboscis monkey has one of the most unusual appearances of any of the leaf-eating monkeys of the family Cercopithecidae. Both the Latin and common names of this species refer to the mature males' large pendulous nose that hangs down over their mouth. Local people referred to these large monkeys with their pot bellies and red noses as 'Dutch monkeys' as they were considered such a caricature of the Dutch sailors and plantation owners of the area.
Apart from their large noses, male proboscis monkeys are also distinctive by being much larger and heavier than females, and having a bright red, visible penis and black scrotum. The coat is a light brown with red on both the crown of the head and the shoulders; the limbs and tail are grey in colour and there are cream patches on the throat. Many of the monkeys' toes are webbed. Infants are born with black fur and a vivid blue face. The cause of the males' large nose is still a matter of contention but may be a form of sexual selection, with females preferring males with large noses possibly as these enhance their vocalisations.
Proboscis monkeys generally live in groups composed of one adult male, some adult females and their offspring. They are known to make various vocalizations.
The proboscis monkey are endemic to the island of Borneo and can be found on all three nations that divide the island: Brunei, Indonesia, and Malaysia. They are living in either coastal mangrove forests or in lowland rainforest close to freshwater rivers. This species usually stays at least a kilometre from a water source. They are perhaps the most aquatic of the primates and are fairly good swimmers, capable of swimming up to 20 m (65.6 ft) underwater. They are known to swim across rivers. Aside from this, proboscis monkey are largely arboreal and moves quadrupedally and by leaps. They are known to jump off branches and descend into water.
(Thanks Arrkive and Wikipedia)
Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou Proboscismonkey_MOJO-1.jpg_original

Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou Proboscismonkey_MOJO-2.jpg_original

Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou Proboscismonkey_MOJO-4-_Modifier.jpg_original

Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou Proboscismonkey_MOJO-5.jpg_original

Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou Proboscismonkey_MOJO-6.jpg_original

Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou Proboscismonkey_MOJO-7.jpg_original

Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou Proboscismonkey_MOJO-8.jpg_original

Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou Proboscismonkey_MOJO-9.jpg_original

Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou Proboscismonkey_MOJO-10.jpg_original

Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou Proboscismonkey_MOJO-11.jpg_original

Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou Proboscismonkey_MOJO-17.jpg_original

Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou Proboscismonkey_MOJO-20.jpg_original

Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou Proboscismonkey_MOJO-21.jpg_original

Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou Proboscismonkey_MOJO-12.jpg_original

Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou Proboscismonkey_MOJO-13.jpg_original

Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou Proboscismonkey_MOJO-14.jpg_original

Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou Proboscismonkey_MOJO-16.jpg_original

Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou Proboscismonkey_MOJO-18.jpg_original

Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou Proboscismonkey_MOJO-19.jpg_original

With my small Proboscis monkey tribe
Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou Proboscismonkey_MOJO-24.jpg_original

Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou Proboscismonkey_MOJO-25.jpg_original

A very good news for the SAFARI LTd Wildlife Wonders addicts Wink
Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou Proboscismonkey_MOJO-28.jpg_original

Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou Proboscismonkey_MOJO-31.jpg_original

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:23 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 7:24 am

Wow, its incredible. Huge Congratulations, and Hurray for James, our year-round Santa!

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 7:47 am

Very nice figure, congrats cheers

Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 8:28 am

I LOVE IT 
I LOVE IT I love you

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 8:44 am

Neven Florian wrote:
I LOVE IT 
I LOVE IT I love you

Me too bounce cheers cheers

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 9:33 am

Great monkey!! Congrats Christophe! Very Happy Very Happy cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 3:39 pm

I got the same thing yesterday--catalog and monkey--quite a surprise! I was also surprised by his big scale.

Last edited by SeanieP on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 3:39 pm

Great monkey!! Congrats Christophe!Sad(o)):cheers
I LOVE IT Coolsunny
I eagerly awaiting its release☀bouncedrunken
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 4:02 pm

He's great Very Happy
Thanks for sharing and congratulations sunny

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 10:59 pm

A great walkaround of a wonderful monkey!! Thank you Kiki cheerscheerscheerscheerscheers

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:29 pm

holy banana! really nice, although one could improve the paintjob a little,..but that face,...it'ss really weird,..that human expression! mr.nose in thoughts!
Those special shipments by James Mojo,....

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 12:59 am

Some years ago, we were all asking for more monkey once they are rare on toy market. Now, there is a new brand that decided to give us a beautiful proboscis monkey, not only a great species as it is also an excelent figure as your fantastic pictures are showing. cheers
Considering how irrational are major brands with sizes, I think it is in a very acceptable size and it will surely join my collection. Actually, I am very excited to have it. monkey
Now I am also curious to know what will be my gift once Mojo is not releasing crocs. alien Suspect bounce Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 6:37 am

PeGe wrote:
holy banana! really nice, although one could improve the paintjob a little,..but that face,...it'ss really weird,..that human expression! mr.nose in thoughts!
Those special shipments by James Mojo,....

What are you saying ???

Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou P1110772.jpg_original

Weird face ????

Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou Dsc_003913-188788.jpg_original

No......

Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou Tumblr_mmte3e2_W3n1rbwsb5o1_500.jpg_original

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou Tumblr_mc5pkaq_N911rhe8jbo1_500.jpg_original

Could you say it again face to face ?

Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou Proboscis-monkey-close-up_1024x768.jpg_original

... Silly thing...

Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou IMG_5618_Nasalis_larvatus_Proboscis_monkey_web.j

Human expression yourself !

Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou Sukau_Proboscis_Monkey.jpg_original

I prefer to shup up...

Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou Borneo_Sukau_1009-010.jpg_original

... Yes... Lets' have a smoke Wink

Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou Wise_Lady_2.jpg_original

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 8:48 am

@Kiki: Yessss! Good job. Maybe i forgot to add to my statement, that in this case, "human expression" causes incredibly realness, as it doesn't in Papo Grizzly! This proboscis monkey is absolutely gorgeous!

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 9:24 am

Those photoes are SO wonderful, Christophe cheers

Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 9:39 am

You're a lucky man Christophe, what a great creation of mojo. I hope we can find it soon in shops!!!

my handmade models: http://bestiari.weebly.com/     my models in facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bestiari.animal.replicas[/center]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 10:27 am

Thank you all for your comments Very Happy

@Sean: Big congratulation too cheers

@ PeGe : Wink I couldn't resist Laughing

@Roger: I would be happy to see more and more monkeys in the future. Like the antelopes, there is such a wide variety of species drunken
About the size, it is indeed big but the sculpt is awesome and it can find a place on a WW or VW shelf.

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 3:11 am

HOLY shuhmoly! This is a fabulous figure!! It's just jumped up my list. I think it looks much better than it did in the pictures Mojo released earlier last year; it is a gorgeous and realistic model. Wow. 

Indeed, I am getting Mojo-fever (as Paige, I think, put it).
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 8:23 am

Holy Shuhmoly ! What a nice word... Perfect for an old macaque, I need to remember it Laughing 

I'm very happy my pics helped this nice animals to jump on your lists Scott cheers
Back to top Go down
Gulogulo76

Gulogulo76

Country/State : Oklahoma, USA

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 9:30 am

Haha! GREAT pictures. I love the one with Edward Cullen (?) and the Playmobil/Geobra fellow. It's a great sized model. And I love the "What..the..heck?" look on the Wildlife Wonders orang's face as he sees the proboscis for the first time! Laughing Laughing I believe I will most definitely end up purchasing this model. We get so few monkeys these days, and I like proboscis monkeys! For anyone interested, a good animal fantasy read is Terryl Whitlatch's "The Katurran Odyssey". In it, there are proboscis monkeys called the "Boskis." They are a tribe of mystics, intunded to the rainforest around them, very wise. However, they get made fun of for thie big noses!
When I buy this model, I will name him "Jimmy," in honor of the comedian Jimmy Durante, who also had something in common with the proboscis monkey. Laughing Wink 
Again, a lovely model, Kiki, and thank you for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 9:36 pm

You are right, we need MORE MONKEYS, my primates shelves are looking gtoo much like "Planet of the apes" Laughing 

Unfortunately, the Katurran odyssey has no French traduction No 

"Jimmy" is a really good name Laughing  maybe I will call mine Gérard Wink 

Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou 19090439.jpg-r_640_600-b_1_D6_D6_D6-f_jpg-q_x-xxyx

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 9:39 pm

cheers cheers cheers 

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 10:50 pm

75senta75 wrote:
cheers cheers cheers 

Wink
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 6:32 am

Kikimalou wrote:
You are right, we need MORE MONKEYS, my primates shelves are looking gtoo much like "Planet of the apes" Laughing 

Unfortunately, the Katurran odyssey has no French traduction No 

"Jimmy" is a really good name Laughing  maybe I will call mine Gérard Wink 

Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou 19090439.jpg-r_640_600-b_1_D6_D6_D6-f_jpg-q_x-xxyx

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 9:43 am

Laughing lol! Laughing lol! 

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Proboscis - The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

The MOJÖ FUN Proboscis monkey: A walkaround by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next