Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-)

Go down 
+13
cattlecollector
scot(t)
orcagirl26
Ana
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
PeGe
Kikimalou
Roger
trevok4
Florian
arafan
SUSANNE
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) Empty
PostSubject: The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-)   The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 7:23 pm

Today it was my turn to be the lucky and get a present from James "Santa" Oconnelly !!!
Unfortunately most of the smilies don`t work, but I was jumping up and down, YESSSSS !!!!!sunny

The lovely new gentoo penguin, and the new catalogue with new design :-)))))
BIG hurray for James Very Happy

The gentoo penguin lives in Antarktis, where unfortunately the population is reclining to a level, where it is almost considered endangered.
It is the 3rd largest penguin, only smaller than the emperor and the king.
It is a very fast swimmer , and easy to recognize by the white "hood".
Read more here

First a picture of a live gentoo penguin :
The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) Gentoo1live_zps41ec129a

And here some pictures of the beautyful Mojo model
The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) Gentoo3_zpseb503e08

The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) Gentoo5_zps75ae73d8

The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) Gentoo4_zpsa5dd7a86

The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) Gentoo7_zps1b12cbd7

The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) Gentoo6_zps1f5c6d8c

The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) Gentooface_zps61158b4d

The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) Gentootail_zps60d0a0de

The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) Gentoobottom_zps92806007

The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) Gentoo10_zpsf8402c79

The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) Gentoofeet_zpsdc01d80c

Together with his mate from CollectA.
Collecta-gentoo is a very silly bird. She keeps flapping round and falling on her nose, while Mojo-gentoo stands firmly on his feet ;-)
The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) Gentoofriends_zps3086315d

An interesting detail,  the mark doesn`t just say "Made in China", it says "Designed in UK, made in China " :)
The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) Gentoostamp_zpsa26c4ab9

And here is how the catalogue looks now !
No mention of STS any more. We are in the coompagny of the big guys now.
Well, that is ok, perhaps the Mojos will be easier to get hold of now...hopefully also in Europe ?
The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) Mojocat13front_zps4cf0efed

This was how the catalogue looked originally. A good friend got it for me at a German toy fair ;-)
The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) 13animalplanet_zpsa333d37e

Thankyou VERY much, James, for this lovely, lovely model !!!!!

arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-)   The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 8:14 pm

Thank you Susanne for the pictures and congratukations to this peguin he looks beautifukl Very Happy
Can you please make an comparition with one of the Schleich penguins?

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-)   The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 8:25 pm

cheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheers
cheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheers CONGRATS
Back to top Go down
http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
trevok4

trevok4

Country/State : london UK

PostSubject: Re: The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-)   The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 8:34 pm

congrats can you take photos of the catalog

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-)   The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 9:05 pm

Thankyou from me and Penguin Very Happy

I have a picture from the catalogue here

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-)   The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 9:46 pm

Thanks for showing this wonderful gift! Very Happy The figure looks really great, is a very different interpretation from the CollectA one being both very representative of the styles of respective brands. Very Happy Mojo has a more defensive pose and surely much harder plastic what makes it stands better. I love and want it. Very good pictures and very interesting detail of the design mention. I think the STS mention is not an obligation of the brand. It happened when the brand gave us the chance of choosing a figure to their range and shared a cooperation with us. Of course I would love it happened again but ... Very Happy
As we can see, James as a good friend, hasn't forgoten his friends and it is nice to see that some of the forum friends are receiving so nice gifts. Very Happy

trevok4 wrote:

Could you please use the word please. I know Susanne appreciates it and I appreciate it too. She is being already very generous sharing all these pictures and informations with us almost in a daily basis. Believe it is much more work than make endless lists. Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-)   The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 9:47 pm

BIG congentoolation Susanne Very Happy The COLLECTA is really nice, really silly too and the MOJÖ have a beautiful smile drunken

I guess I will find a place for it between my COLLECTA and COLORATA Wink

Thank you for the good pics Susanne !

Last edited by Kikimalou on Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
trevok4

trevok4

Country/State : london UK

PostSubject: Re: The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-)   The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 9:47 pm

Quote :
trevok4 wrote:

Could you please use the word please. I know Susanne appreciates it and I appreciate it too.  She is being already very generous sharing all these pictures and informations with us almost in a daily basis. Believe it is much more work than make endless lists. Very Happy

sorry i keep forgetting

PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-)   The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 10:02 pm

to be honest:
my first thought was:
"what a great figurine!",..then i realized the fiirst pictures shows a real penguin,....
Then i saw the Mojo interpretation and didn't like it,..then i was hoping for a better one, and saw the pics of the Collecta-Figurine.
CollectA wins this comparison in my opinion.

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-)   The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:00 pm

Thank you Susanne, a cute penguin cheerscheerscheerscheers

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-)   The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 4:42 am

Big congrats Susanne! Once again you have a great figure!

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-)   The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 10:12 am

Congratulations Susanne this penguin is lovely! Hurray for James Very Happy

SUSANNE wrote:

And here is how the catalogue looks now !
No mention of STS any more. We are in the coompagny of the big guys now.
Well, that is ok, perhaps the Mojos will be easier to get hold of now...hopefully also in Europe ?
The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) Mojocat13front_zps4cf0efed

Interesting, in my version of this catalog there are thanks to STS on 3rd page scratch study

SUSANNE wrote:

This was how the catalogue looked originally. A good friend got it for me at a German toy fair ;-)
The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) 13animalplanet_zpsa333d37e

Both versions are original: Mojo and Animal Planet. In some countries animals will be under name Animal Planet (then with this catalog) in other countries figures will be still Mojo and then they will have white catalog and Deinotherium on cover :)

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-)   The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 3:12 pm

Ana wrote:

Interesting, in my version of this catalog there are thanks to STS on 3rd page scratchstudy

Yes, that is interesting scratch
I checked again, but ther is a description of AP, and no STS..... Your version is on my vishilist now !!! bounceLaughing

Ana wrote:

Both versions are original: Mojo and Animal Planet. In some countries animals will be under name Animal Planet (then with this catalog) in other countries figures will be still Mojo and then they will have white catalog and Deinotherium on cover :)

Thankyou for this info. !!!sunny

orcagirl26

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-)   The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 11:48 pm

Firstly, thank you for the pictures! Second, Congratulations! :)  It was a very nice gesture of James to send him to you.
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-)   The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 2:42 am

What a fantastic figure! I confess I had the opposite reaction from that of Philipp: I saw the first picture and before realizing it was not the Mojo model, but a real penguin, I was not overwhelmed. Then, when I saw the actual model, I was very impressed. I don't know what that says about me and my judgment, but I do love the Mojo Gentoo!
Back to top Go down
cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-)   The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 2:57 am

The catalogue mentions STS Sussane. It is on the second page. I think it is great that James took the time to mention STS and point out specific members in it. :)

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it is going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming. (One of my favorite archery quotes)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-)   The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 8:40 am

cattlecollector wrote:
The catalogue mentions STS Sussane. It is on the second page. I think it is great that James took the time to mention STS and point out specific members in it. :)

My catalogue doesn't mention STS on the 2nd or third page. No

I will survive LaughingLaughingLaughing

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-)   The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 9:07 am

Kikimalou wrote:

I will survive LaughingLaughingLaughing

Laughing Laughing Me too Wink

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-)   The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 10:58 am

scot(t) wrote:
What a fantastic figure! I confess I had the opposite reaction from that of Philipp: I saw the first picture and before realizing it was not the Mojo model, but a real penguin, I was not overwhelmed. Then, when I saw the actual model, I was very impressed. I don't know what that says about me and my judgment, but I do love the Mojo Gentoo!

Laughing Laughing:lol:It says that we can`t make everyone happy Very Happy
I think the picture  of the real one illustrates how well the model is made scratch

Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-)   The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 2:37 pm

If Mojo hadn't left out the white markings around the eyes, this penguin would be perfect.
Now it's just handsome.Razz

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-)   The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 4:12 pm

Bloodrayne wrote:
If Mojo hadn't left out the white markings around the eyes, this penguin would be perfect.
Now it's just handsome.Razz

Simone, I know eyeliner is very important for some women... it explains why Schleich pandas, tapirs, horses, etc. have a lot of eyeliner! Laughing flower
In my opinion it makes the difference between being handsome or not but in a reversed way. You mean like the left or right one on picture below? flower Very Happy
The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) Gentoo-penguins

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-)   The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 4:30 pm

Roger is right ( of course Wink )

I noticed tha lack of the eyeliner, too. 
But take a look at the one from CollectA, it is far too much.
Probably it is a question about too much or none, - it must be almost impossible to paint such a thin, thin line, and keep the cost down scratch

Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-)   The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 11:36 pm

Yeah...
Too much of anything is bad for you.
Too little means ...
it is probably a money issue. tongue

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-)   The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 12:28 am

Bloodrayne wrote:
Yeah...
Too little means ...

Laughing OK, I confess, I gave up using eyeliner myself because I spend all my money with toys. pale tongue

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-)   The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 8:47 am

Roger wrote:
Bloodrayne wrote:
Yeah...
Too little means ...

Laughing OK, I confess, I gave up using eyeliner myself because I spend all my money with toys. pale tongue

Ahhh ! Shocked 

So that is why you don`t like to show your picture alien Laughing Laughing

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-)   The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mojo fun Gentoo penguin :-)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Mojö Fun-
Jump to: