Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Takamas Geoworld Collection

Go down 
+12
landrover
Ana
AlienMantis
LeeAnn
JonasV
QuollMate
Kikimalou
Katty
Tiermann
Taos
widukind
SUSANNE
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

Takamas Geoworld Collection  Empty
PostSubject: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 4:01 pm

Geoworld, is a Italian company that specilizes in Dinosaur products. They have a wide range of items, but what im focusing on is there Jurassic Hunters line that started in 2012. The line is Enormus, Evean bigger Then CollectAs Standerd and Deluxe lines combined. In this thread i will be hosting my upcomeing Collection Of Jurassic Hunters figures. Each on comes with a Info card about the species, which may or may not be mistaken.    My First one is comeing this week, And it is the Troodon.  Since i pretty much complted my ColletA Collection(for now), i decided to move on to this. I hope you will enjoy

Last edited by Takama on Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 12:44 am

I look SO much forward to see them bounce cheers

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 12:46 am

bouncebouncebouncebouncebouncebouncebouncebouncebounce

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 6:03 pm

Troodon

When Troodon was first discoverd, it was only known from a tooth. The tooth was trianguliar shaped with saw like edges. Further finds lead some scientist to believe that this dinosaur was a ornithopod, but the teeth were clearly those of a meat eater. It wasent until the discovery of Stenonychosaurus, that scientist placed it among the theropod family tree. It turned out, the bones of Stenonychosaurus were actaully those of Troodon as well, makeing that name invalid. Troodon is also the smartest dinosaur that scientists found so far, but in reality, it isent saying much, the brain of Troodon is relly comparible to that of a modern emu.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Takama on Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 12:02 am

Great again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 1:08 am

Uhhh, such a vicious Emu-brained critter Shocked
That is a truely magnificent model cheers

Thankyou very much for involving us in the Geoworld-World Applause

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 3:56 am

Nice Dino!!I managed to get a few of these models in a discount store which surprised me!They are really nice models.Have been looking in that store ever since but no more todate!!!SadSad
Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 12:58 pm

Very nice, They have an interesting early mammals series coming as well. Are they the same size as Kaiyodos and Yowies or are they different?

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 3:17 pm

Tiermann wrote:
Very nice, They have an interesting early mammals series coming as well. Are they the same size as Kaiyodos and Yowies or are they different?

Um I don't have any yowies of kaiyodos so I can't say. I will say its as big as a can of soda.
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 9:00 pm

Ive Replaced my Cellphone pics with better Qulity Camera Pics. I also put one with a Object for Size comparison

Back to top Go down
Katty

Katty

Country/State : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 12:59 am

I love his colours! Great find there!

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 6:02 pm

Megaraptor

Megaraptor got its name, because when it was first discoverd, all that was found was a large claw, and the claw resembled those of the sickled foot claws found on dromeosaurs, and so they thought Megaraptor would be the largest. However, a full front limb had been discoverd that had a the same kind of claw on its hand. This had lead scientists to clasify it as a Allosaur instead, and was backed by the discovery of Australovenator, who had a simalar type of claw.

(UPDATE July 24 2014)  In June the upper skull of what proved to be a baby Megaraptor had shown similarity's to a primitive tyrannosaur named Dilong, this has lead to the conclusion that the members of Megaraptora were actually related to Tyrannosaurus Rex, instead of Allosaurus. This Group includes Megaraptor, and Australovenator as well.

Note to veiwers.  The Sculpter of this figure has replicated the wrong kind of Theropod. What should be a Allosaur, is instead a featherless Dromeosaur, which is NOT what the creture was.

Last edited by Takama on Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:26 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 12:47 am

Laughing I wonder how scientists dare to determine a species from the find of ONE claw ! No wonder the science of paleontology is sometimes very confusing for dummies geek Laughing 

But the model is wonderful ! I like these Geoworld models a lot !
Thankyou for great pictures sunny 

Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 6:54 pm

Thescelosaurus

Thecelosaurus is one of the youngest members of the Hypsilophodonts family. It lived at the very end of the age of dinosaurs(meaning it witnessed whatever cataclysmic event that killed them). There are currently 3 known species of this dinosaur, and the first one (Named Thecelosaurus Neglectus) hasn’t been described for over 20 years since its discovery. In 1999, there a fossil of this dinosaur was discovered with a rocky lump in its chest region.. Some Scientist believe that this lump is actually the fossilized remains of the animals heart, Though some scientists disagree, saying that it’s a product of concretion.

Spinosaurus

Spinosaurus was a Spinosaurid that live during the late cretaceous period in what is now northern Africa. It was made famous by its appearance in the 2001 movie Jurassic park 3 were it was depicted as a ferocious beast that can take down a T-Rex with ease.

In reality, Spinosaurus did not live at the same time and place as Tyrannosaurus, and was likely not a ferocious predator. While most theropods enjoy the flesh of other animals, Spinosaurus preferred a diet of fish, Evidence of this diet can be traced to various fossils of fish and spinosaur genera from around the world. One example of evidence for this diet was a lower jaw of a Spinosaurus was found to have the side tooth of a sword fish embedded into it.

Despite all of this, Spinosaurus itself is actually known from fragmentary remains, and most of the knowledge of its diet came from the fossils of its closest relatives, and its shape is also highly speculated for all that was found were the lower jawbone and bits of a six foot spine on its back. The image we see of it today was based on its relatives who are known from more complete fossils.

Today, Spinosaurus is fairly common dinosaur in the media, as it appeared in documentary’s, videogames, and some television shows.

Last edited by Takama on Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:24 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 12:27 am

More beauties Very Happy 
That Thecelosaurus is beautyful cheers 

Thanks for great pictures and notes again cheers 

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 4:01 am

Wonderful figurines and pics again cheers cheers cheers cheers 

Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 2:44 pm

Great figures, thanks for sharing them. We have a page with the full list for GeoWorld at the Toyanimal.info Wiki, but no pictures. Would be great if you would care to share an image of each on the Wiki as you get them.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 5:28 pm

I will see what i can do,  but feel free to take any of my photos for the Wiki.

Saltasaurus

In the 1800s scientist had discovered large and disc like plates, that were to big to be from any known dinosaur at the time. It wasn’t until 1980, that it was realized that the amour was from a sauropod dinosaur that was later named Saltasaurus. Saltasaurus was the first Sauropod discovered to have had amour, and in the following years, more sauropods’ were discovered with amour as well. Saltasaurus was named after the place it was discovered, and it was relatively small for a sauropod dinosaur, standing only around 39 feet long.    

Last edited by Takama on Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 11:57 pm

Nice figurine, i have any egg pieces in my fossil collection of this big dinosaur sunny sunny sunny sunny 

Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 8:35 pm

Newest one

Triceratops

The Famous Three Horn Face, is the most common Ceratopsian dinosaur to appear in anything dinosaur related, from movies, to comics, to video games, and random toys everywhere. Unlike a lot of other Advanced Ceratopsians, Triceratops has a solid frill on its skull. The frills of Ceratopsians were likely used for display, and were highly colored. Is most common enemy was Tyrannosaurus rex, and this was backed by the fact that some Triceratops bones have puncture marks from were a T-Rex has bitten.

Last edited by Takama on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 12:13 am

Good figurine again cheers cheers cheers 

Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 7:43 pm

Velociraptor is pehaps the most overrated dinosaur on the planet, due to the fact that it has appeard in Jurassic park as a scaly 9 foot hunter with high intelegence. In reality Velociraptor was only 6 feet long, and not as tall as depicted in the film, in fact, the ones in the film were based off another dinosaur called Deinonychus. The real Velociraptor is also featherd and probably climbed trees where it would lunge down on prey from above with its sickle like foot claws.

Last edited by Takama on Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 1:42 am

Congrats again:-)

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 7:02 am

Deinonychus or velociraptor, - I love this model cheers 

Thankyou for info and pictures . Slowly, slowly I begin to recognize more dínoes, - and even remember some names geek Shocked study cheers

Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 3:00 pm

Brachiosaurus was a Macranarion (big nosed) Sauropod that lived during the late Jurassic in North America. It stood around 72 feet tall with its arms being longer then its hind legs. For a while, it was thought that a different species of Brachiosaurus lived at the same time on the continent of Africa.
This African Species was often thought to be a true Brachiosaurus, so it was referenced when it came to toy reconstructions of Brachiosaurus. However, today’s scientists have determined that this species was from a completely different Genus called Girafatitan making the reconstructions misnamed due to the new discoveries.

Last edited by Takama on Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Takamas Geoworld Collection    Takamas Geoworld Collection  Empty

Back to top Go down

Takamas Geoworld Collection
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next