Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Asking your help to solve Photobucket problem
You want to help STS to have a new Banner for 2018 ? You can do it HERE

Share | 
 

 CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Numaan
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : London, UK
Age : 37
Joined : 2010-06-18
Posts : 1422

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:36 pm

Loving all the suggestions folks.  Everyone is selecting super exotic species that I don't even see on wishlists for other brands such as Bullyland or Safari!   Such high expectations.  I hope CollectA doesn't disappoint you this year.  Some models are still in the last minute stages of finalisation.  This year has been so busy and unfortunately some animals did not make it and will be put back another year.......announcements are still a while off yet but hold tight and I am sure many of you will be pleasantly surprised.  I will give you all one clue - only one bird species made it through this year and no other brand has made it yet (the main current brands that is)........hopefully more birds next year! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

avatar

Country/State : Serbia
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-01
Posts : 4078

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
only one bird species made it through this year and no other brand has made it yet (the main current brands that is)........hopefully more birds  next year! Very Happy Very Happy
Any bird of CollectA is a good news...

_________________
Robert
Back to top Go down
http://skysthelimitamstaff.com/
Ana

avatar

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9666

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:56 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
only one bird species made it through this year and no other brand has made it yet (the main current brands that is)........hopefully more birds  next year! Very Happy Very Happy
Any bird of CollectA is a good news...
oh please I hope it's cassowary, it's too beautiful species to be all the time absent in major brands range.

_________________
Anna
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Silver Unicornis

avatar

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland
Age : 30
Joined : 2011-03-13
Posts : 1338

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:09 pm

Any clues about equines? Pretty please! What a Face bounce 

_________________
~Magda
(formerly Mangalarga)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 43
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 22077

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:42 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Loving all the suggestions folks.  Everyone is selecting super exotic species that I don't even see on wishlists for other brands such as Bullyland or Safari!   Such high expectations.  I hope CollectA doesn't disappoint you this year.  Some models are still in the last minute stages of finalisation.  This year has been so busy and unfortunately some animals did not make it and will be put back another year.......announcements are still a while off yet but hold tight and I am sure many of you will be pleasantly surprised.  I will give you all one clue - only one bird species made it through this year and no other brand has made it yet (the main current brands that is)........hopefully more birds  next year! Very Happy Very Happy
Fantastic! Among all fantastic releases of this year, my only "complaint", was that it was missing a bird. I really love all CollectA birds, even chickens I find nice. Very Happy
I believe Ana guessed it although a secretary would fit better your style, I guess! Laughing

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Numaan
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : London, UK
Age : 37
Joined : 2010-06-18
Posts : 1422

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:18 am

Ok another clue. This bird has two legs.....
Back to top Go down
Takama

avatar

Country/State : USA
Age : 25
Joined : 2012-07-12
Posts : 1840

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:21 am

Dont all birds have two legs?

_________________
List of Collection Topics
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]        
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

avatar

Country/State : Serbia
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-01
Posts : 4078

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:05 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Ok another clue. This bird has two legs.....
That fact makes it a lot easier Very Happy

_________________
Robert
Back to top Go down
http://skysthelimitamstaff.com/
Numaan
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : London, UK
Age : 37
Joined : 2010-06-18
Posts : 1422

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:09 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Ok another clue. This bird has two legs.....
That fact makes it a lot easier Very Happy
Hehe I am just teasing, I honestly cannot reveal anything at this stage until CollectA are ready but I promise you it will be worth the wait. Given that the most surprising Safari Ltd item for me is the 2014 Anhinga bird then you will be equally overjoyed at the CollectA one.

Will reveal all as soon as I can. Very Happy Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

avatar

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis
Age : 55
Joined : 2010-07-17
Posts : 3695

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:38 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
only one bird species made it through this year and no other brand has made it yet (the main current brands that is)........hopefully more birds  next year! Very Happy Very Happy
Any bird of CollectA is a good news...
oh please I hope it's cassowary, it's too beautiful species to be all the time absent in major brands range.
Applause Applause Applause bounce bounce drunken sunny 
Back to top Go down
ze_neto

avatar

Country/State : Brasil
Age : 42
Joined : 2011-02-05
Posts : 325

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:43 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Ok another clue. This bird has two legs.....
That fact makes it a lot easier Very Happy
Hehe I am just teasing, I honestly cannot reveal anything at this stage until CollectA are ready but I promise you it will be worth the wait.  Given that the most surprising Safari Ltd item for me is the 2014 Anhinga bird then you will be equally overjoyed at the CollectA one.  

Will reveal all as soon as I can. Very Happy Very Happy 
My friend, at this point Collecta has become my favorite brand. So, I'm sure the wait is worthy!

_________________
Even the saints have been known to employ comedy to ridicule the enemies of the faith. For example, when the pagans plunged Saint Maurus into the boiling water, he complained that his bath was cold. The Sultan put his hand in and scalded himself. William de Baskerville.
Back to top Go down
bojan



Country/State : slovenia
Age : 40
Joined : 2012-01-04
Posts : 1020

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:38 pm

Better one bird than none. My guess is the SHOEBILL!

_________________
Bojan
Back to top Go down
SommoDracorex

avatar

Country/State : Italia
Age : 22
Joined : 2011-07-23
Posts : 376

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:47 pm

Hi Numaan, can you tell us at least the approximate number of 2014's new figures and some irrelevant clues as "Is an animal that you love so much" or "There's a gray animal and a purple one"? The wait is overwhelming.
lol! lol!

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://sommodracorex.deviantart.com/
Numaan
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : London, UK
Age : 37
Joined : 2010-06-18
Posts : 1422

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:08 am

Here are some facts and clues:

1. A very rare wild cat species was being finalised but due to time it has now been put on hold and will be released in 2015

2. CollectA may be heading towards an interest in botany......

3. We have a high interest in Hoofed Mammals.....Very Happy Very Happy  A few are coming out that have NEVER been created by any of the major brands before (I cannot speak for older brands such as Lineol, starlux as I dont know much about them) but there is a BIG highlight in the wildlife range which will definitely please many fans.....all I can say is big body, big horns..... Very Happy 

On enough clues for now! You will all get me into trouble!!!! But your excitement, anticipation and hopes will somewhat be satisfied with this year's line up although not as big as last year's unfortunately due to time pressures....

Back to top Go down
donny ong



Country/State : indonesia
Age : 45
Joined : 2012-10-10
Posts : 2242

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:34 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Here are some facts and clues:  

1. A very rare wild cat species was being finalised but due to time it has now been put on hold and will be released in 2015

2. CollectA may be heading towards an interest in botany......

3. We have a high interest in Hoofed Mammals.....Very Happy Very Happy   A few are coming out that have NEVER been created by any of the major brands before (I cannot speak for older brands such as Lineol, starlux as I dont know much about them) but there is a BIG highlight in the wildlife range which will definitely please many fans.....all I can say is big body, big horns.....  Very Happy 

On enough clues for now! You will all get me into trouble!!!!  But your excitement, anticipation and hopes will somewhat be satisfied with this year's line up although not as big as last year's unfortunately due to time pressures....

1. I hope it's a marbled cat.
2. Perhaps some flowers, or some fruits?
3. I hope there would be a greater kudu and an Asian water buffalo, but my guess is a bongo.

Not as big as last year? How unfortunate. Doe sit mean less than 50 items?


Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 43
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 22077

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

3. We have a high interest in Hoofed Mammals.....Very Happy Very Happy   A few are coming out that have NEVER been created by any of the major brands before (I cannot speak for older brands such as Lineol, starlux as I dont know much about them) but there is a BIG highlight in the wildlife range which will definitely please many fans.....all I can say is big body, big horns.....  Very Happy 

On enough clues for now! You will all get me into trouble!!!!  But your excitement, anticipation and hopes will somewhat be satisfied with this year's line up although not as big as last year's unfortunately due to time pressures....

OK, Numaan, about the hoofed animal you don't need to tell more, it is evident that it is a water buffalo what makes me really ahppy. Maybe the most waited animal these days! bounce bounce bounce
Incredible, reading these new comments, my conviction about the bird now is going towards a frigatbird or a cormorant. But my guesses for a bird will stop although I am very glad CollectA decided to make a specimen with two legs. tongue

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound

avatar

Country/State : USA
Age : 21
Joined : 2012-06-16
Posts : 4480

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:06 pm

Can't wait to see what they'll release! Hopefully that's soon.

_________________
-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26



Country/State : United States
Joined : 2011-11-25
Posts : 1213

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:28 pm

Hopefully there's more sealife than just the bowhead whale and pygmy sperm whale.
Back to top Go down
Numaan
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : London, UK
Age : 37
Joined : 2010-06-18
Posts : 1422

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

but there is a BIG highlight in the wildlife range which will definitely please many fans.....all I can say is big body, big horns.....  Very Happy 


OK, Numaan, about the hoofed animal you don't need to tell more, it is evident that it is a water buffalo what makes me really happy.
Hi Roger

Who said anything about a Buffalo? there are many other species that fit my vague description :-)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 43
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 22077

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

but there is a BIG highlight in the wildlife range which will definitely please many fans.....all I can say is big body, big horns..... Very Happy


OK, Numaan, about the hoofed animal you don't need to tell more, it is evident that it is a water buffalo what makes me really happy.
Hi Roger

Who said anything about a Buffalo? there are many other species that fit my vague description :-)
OK, Numaan, I know something with large horns and body is a very vague thing. I know also that you cannot share yet exactly what it is with us. Though, you must know that I have a special ability to guess! :study:Want proof? So get this one... this bull has 4 legs!!! bom Contradict me now if you can! Laughing Wink Very Happy Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
donny ong



Country/State : indonesia
Age : 45
Joined : 2012-10-10
Posts : 2242

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:42 am

Second thought, I think Roger is right, it's an Asian water buffalo. I was distracted by Numaan's statement about "never been created by any of the major brands".
But I still hope for a greater kudu.


Back to top Go down
posttenebraslux



Country/State : USA
Age : 33
Joined : 2011-12-04
Posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:08 am

Hey Numaan, I was hoping you could clear something up for me. I asked Collecta a question on their facebook page which I will quote to give you context for the answer that they gave. I said, " I was curious if you could reveal the number of wildlife models you'll be releasing for 2014, or if that will also have to wait for November? I had heard that you had originally planned to release around 27 in 2013, but had to cut that number in half for economic reasons. Will 2014 be back in the range of 27 models, or will it contain around the same number as this years line? Thanks for all your great work!"

They replied, "We dont cut anything! You will be amazed with all the new items! Anyway, we will release in Nov, as usual. Thanks for your support."

Their answer to my question regarding the number of models that will be released this year suggested to me that they would be releasing more models in 2014 then they did in 2013. However, you seemed to indicate in a previous post that there would be fewer models released in 2014 then there were this year. I was just hoping you could help to clear up the apparent discrepancy between your statement and their answer to my question. Thanks!

And for any collectors who don't visit the Collecta facebook page, they specifically mentioned, in response to a fellow posting a picture of his North American Collecta models, that there are " [m]ore North Americans to come" in 2014. Just another bit of info as to what Collecta has planned for 2014.
Back to top Go down
Numaan
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : London, UK
Age : 37
Joined : 2010-06-18
Posts : 1422

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
know also that you cannot share yet exactly what it is with us. Though, you must know that I have a special ability to guess! :study:Want proof? So get this one... this bull has 4 legs!!!  bom Contradict me now if you can! LaughingWinkVery Happy:D
ha! you are a cheeky chappy, I love it! And yes I do think in general you have a very good ability to guess because you manage to stay on top of the general trend, much more than I can ever hope to attempt. Very Happy  I promise to let you all know as soon as I can.
Back to top Go down
Numaan
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : London, UK
Age : 37
Joined : 2010-06-18
Posts : 1422

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hey Numaan, I was hoping you could clear something up for me. I asked Collecta a question on their facebook page which I will quote to give you context for the answer that they gave. I said, " I was curious if you could reveal the number of wildlife models you'll be releasing for 2014, or if that will also have to wait for November? I had heard that you had originally planned to release around 27 in 2013, but had to cut that number in half for economic reasons. Will 2014 be back in the range of 27 models, or will it contain around the same number as this years line? Thanks for all your great work!"

They replied, "We dont cut anything! You will be amazed with all the new items! Anyway, we will release in Nov, as usual. Thanks for your support."

Their answer to my question regarding the number of models that will be released this year suggested to me that they would be releasing more models in 2014 then they did in 2013. However, you seemed to indicate in a previous post that there would be fewer models released in 2014 then there were this year. I was just hoping you could help to clear up the apparent discrepancy between your statement and their answer to my question. Thanks!

And for any collectors who don't visit the Collecta facebook page, they specifically mentioned, in response to a fellow posting a picture of his North American Collecta models, that there are " [m]ore North Americans to come" in 2014. Just another bit of info as to what Collecta has planned for 2014.
Hi there

No one really knows how many models overall will be released across the entire CollectA range if this question is asked earlier in the year. It is only really known right at the end - the reason is simple - an ambitious list is drawn up towards the end of 2012 and work is then started on each model a few at a time. There sculpting team is not huge and there only so many models that a sculptor can work on at the same time. Slowly as the year progresses models are signed off one by one but then there are some that just dont make it in time and then these are rolled over to the next year. Different teams in CollectA are responsible for different ranges and so to give an overall estimation is very difficult. Personally I know about the wildlife range and some of the sea life. I dont have an interest in any of the other ranges and am not involved in their design and so I dont ask and find out the same time as everyone else. SO back to the wildlife range - a large list was drawn up but unfortunately some have been put on hold for the next year. The last few models are now almost complete so no one can be 100% certain that the original intended number of models will make it through.

So if CollectA have said that more models will be released in 2014 across the entire range then they are correct but I would not be aware of this because I have no idea about what other models are being made - I express no interest in this so please accept my apologies if I could not answer your question. For the wildlife I hoped we could release around 26 different species but unfortunately due to time pressures this is looking likely to be between 15-20 potential new models and approx 10 I know are brand new species never created by a major brand (by major I mean Papo, Schleich, Bullyland, Mojo and Safari).

I hope this helps. I may have waffled on and forgot to answer your original question, sorry!

All I can reiterate is that our forum is important to CollectA and I am grateful that they read our comments and listen to us and take the creation of new species very seriously in comparison to other Major brands that I have come across. The more successful the wildlife models become the more CollectA is willing to create unusual species.



Back to top Go down
arafan

avatar

Country/State : Brazil
Age : 18
Joined : 2012-11-16
Posts : 2097

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Here are some facts and clues:  

1. A very rare wild cat species was being finalised but due to time it has now been put on hold and will be released in 2015

2. CollectA may be heading towards an interest in botany......

3. We have a high interest in Hoofed Mammals.....Very Happy Very Happy   A few are coming out that have NEVER been created by any of the major brands before (I cannot speak for older brands such as Lineol, starlux as I dont know much about them) but there is a BIG highlight in the wildlife range which will definitely please many fans.....all I can say is big body, big horns.....  Very Happy 

On enough clues for now! You will all get me into trouble!!!!  But your excitement, anticipation and hopes will somewhat be satisfied with this year's line up although not as big as last year's unfortunately due to time pressures....

Thank you Numaan for all this nice informations! cheers

1. It's maybe a pallas's cat or a asian gold cat? Very Happy

2. A corpse plant would be nice! Smile

3. That's a difficult maybe Bongo?

And the bird I hope for a Kagu, a cossowary or a Kakapo

_________________
Bryan [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
posttenebraslux



Country/State : USA
Age : 33
Joined : 2011-12-04
Posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hey Numaan, I was hoping you could clear something up for me. I asked Collecta a question on their facebook page which I will quote to give you context for the answer that they gave. I said, " I was curious if you could reveal the number of wildlife models you'll be releasing for 2014, or if that will also have to wait for November? I had heard that you had originally planned to release around 27 in 2013, but had to cut that number in half for economic reasons. Will 2014 be back in the range of 27 models, or will it contain around the same number as this years line? Thanks for all your great work!"

They replied, "We dont cut anything! You will be amazed with all the new items! Anyway, we will release in Nov, as usual. Thanks for your support."

Their answer to my question regarding the number of models that will be released this year suggested to me that they would be releasing more models in 2014 then they did in 2013. However, you seemed to indicate in a previous post that there would be fewer models released in 2014 then there were this year. I was just hoping you could help to clear up the apparent discrepancy between your statement and their answer to my question. Thanks!

And for any collectors who don't visit the Collecta facebook page, they specifically mentioned, in response to a fellow posting a picture of his North American Collecta models, that there are " [m]ore North Americans to come" in 2014. Just another bit of info as to what Collecta has planned for 2014.
Hi there

No one really knows how many models overall will be released across the entire CollectA range if this question is asked earlier in the year.  It is only really known right at the end - the reason is simple - an ambitious list is drawn up towards the end of 2012 and work is then started on each model a few at a time.  There sculpting team is not huge and there only so many models that a sculptor can work on at the same time.  Slowly as the year progresses models are signed off one by one but then there are some that just dont make it in time and then these are rolled over to the next year.  Different teams in CollectA are responsible for different ranges and so to give an overall estimation is very difficult.  Personally I know about the wildlife range and some of the sea life.  I dont have an interest in any of the other ranges and am not involved in their design and so I dont ask and find out the same time as everyone else.  SO back to the wildlife range - a large list was drawn up but unfortunately some have been put on hold for the next year.  The last few models are now almost complete so no one can be 100% certain that the original intended number of models will make it through.

So if CollectA have said that more models will be released in 2014 across the entire range then they are correct but I would not be aware of this because I have no idea about what other models are being made - I express no interest in this so please accept my apologies if I could not answer your question.  For the wildlife I hoped we could release around 26 different species but unfortunately due to time pressures this is looking likely to be between 15-20 potential new models and approx 10 I know are brand new species never created by a major brand (by major I mean Papo, Schleich, Bullyland, Mojo and Safari).

I hope this helps.  I may have waffled on and forgot to answer your original question, sorry!

All I can reiterate is that our forum is important to CollectA and I am grateful that they read our comments and listen to us and take the creation of new species very seriously in comparison to other Major brands that I have come across.  The more successful the wildlife models become the more CollectA is willing to create unusual species.



Thanks Numaan! That was a great answer! I am, of course, a collector first and foremost, and my primary interest is in what is being produced. However, as a business owner and operator, I always appreciate learning more about the way the business actually functions as well. I had only asked this question of Collecta a few weeks ago, so whatever they meant by, "we don't cut anything", I can't imagine that there could have been too many changes of plans between now and then. My question was also specifically about wildlife, but they may have had more then wildlife in mind when they gave their answer. In any case, I do appreciate your answer. Collecta has become my favorite company and I have tried to make sure they know that on their facebook page and do my part to make the wildlife models successful by purchasing them. Thanks for all your work on behalf of collectors Numann!
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26



Country/State : United States
Joined : 2011-11-25
Posts : 1213

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:44 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Here are some facts and clues:  

1. A very rare wild cat species was being finalised but due to time it has now been put on hold and will be released in 2015

2. CollectA may be heading towards an interest in botany......

3. We have a high interest in Hoofed Mammals.....Very Happy Very Happy   A few are coming out that have NEVER been created by any of the major brands before (I cannot speak for older brands such as Lineol, starlux as I dont know much about them) but there is a BIG highlight in the wildlife range which will definitely please many fans.....all I can say is big body, big horns.....  Very Happy 

On enough clues for now! You will all get me into trouble!!!!  But your excitement, anticipation and hopes will somewhat be satisfied with this year's line up although not as big as last year's unfortunately due to time pressures....

Hmm...I'm going to guess:

1. Caracal or a bay cat or a jagaurundi
2. Could be making trees/plants to go along with prehistoric life
3. Mongolian gazelle or Tibetan antelope or Blesbok

As for a bird...possibly a cassowary, a hornbill, a harpy eagle, a king vulture or another penguin species.
Back to top Go down
sauroid

avatar

Country/State : usa
Age : 28
Joined : 2012-01-09
Posts : 1432

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:35 pm

i hope to see a male western gorilla someday, if not 2014. Very Happy 
(if anyone has any info on this please let me know)
Back to top Go down
Florian

avatar

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve
Age : 20
Joined : 2013-03-31
Posts : 1903

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:40 pm

I would like to see this one.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It's a " CORBIVAU " raven.

_________________
My Facebook page : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
Sergey

avatar

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia
Age : 51
Joined : 2010-09-22
Posts : 2841

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
only one bird species made it through this year and no other brand has made it yet (the main current brands that is)........hopefully more birds  next year! Very Happy Very Happy
Any bird of CollectA is a good news...
oh please I hope it's cassowary, it's too beautiful species to be all the time absent in major brands range.
Applause Applause Applause bounce bounce drunken sunny 
bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce  Laughing Laughing 

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
bojan



Country/State : slovenia
Age : 40
Joined : 2012-01-04
Posts : 1020

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:23 am

@Numaan is the animal in your avatar also being produced?

_________________
Bojan
Back to top Go down
donny ong



Country/State : indonesia
Age : 45
Joined : 2012-10-10
Posts : 2242

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:41 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
@Numaan is the animal in your avatar also being produced?
It's good to see a springbok by CollectA.


Back to top Go down
Numaan
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : London, UK
Age : 37
Joined : 2010-06-18
Posts : 1422

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
@Numaan is the animal in your avatar also being produced?
Hi everyone

My avatar was chosen because I love the picture that is all! Very Happy 

There is so much intense speculation. I am feeling the pressure....and the heat! ha!
Back to top Go down
SommoDracorex

avatar

Country/State : Italia
Age : 22
Joined : 2011-07-23
Posts : 376

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:44 pm

I'm hoping for at least a monkey. bounce 

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://sommodracorex.deviantart.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 53
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15017

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:10 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Here are some facts and clues:  

1. A very rare wild cat species was being finalised but due to time it has now been put on hold and will be released in 2015

2. CollectA may be heading towards an interest in botany......

3. We have a high interest in Hoofed Mammals.....Very Happy Very Happy   A few are coming out that have NEVER been created by any of the major brands before (I cannot speak for older brands such as Lineol, starlux as I dont know much about them) but there is a BIG highlight in the wildlife range which will definitely please many fans.....all I can say is big body, big horns.....  Very Happy 

On enough clues for now! You will all get me into trouble!!!!  But your excitement, anticipation and hopes will somewhat be satisfied with this year's line up although not as big as last year's unfortunately due to time pressures....

So maybe a bongo and a water buffalo at last drunken

And there is still a hope for a babirusa Wink 

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Florian

avatar

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve
Age : 20
Joined : 2013-03-31
Posts : 1903

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:44 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Here are some facts and clues:  

1. A very rare wild cat species was being finalised but due to time it has now been put on hold and will be released in 2015

2. CollectA may be heading towards an interest in botany......

3. We have a high interest in Hoofed Mammals.....Very Happy Very Happy   A few are coming out that have NEVER been created by any of the major brands before (I cannot speak for older brands such as Lineol, starlux as I dont know much about them) but there is a BIG highlight in the wildlife range which will definitely please many fans.....all I can say is big body, big horns.....  Very Happy 

On enough clues for now! You will all get me into trouble!!!!  But your excitement, anticipation and hopes will somewhat be satisfied with this year's line up although not as big as last year's unfortunately due to time pressures....

So maybe a bongo and a water buffalo at last drunken

And there is still a hope for a babirusa  Wink 
Ooh yes, and a fossa. bounce bounce bounce 

_________________
My Facebook page : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
Numaan
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : London, UK
Age : 37
Joined : 2010-06-18
Posts : 1422

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:56 pm

A Fossa has been on my list for years! I would love to see a model of this but it is not coming in 2014 unfortunately. I hope CollectA agree to this species.
Back to top Go down
arafan

avatar

Country/State : Brazil
Age : 18
Joined : 2012-11-16
Posts : 2097

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:01 pm

Oh yes a Fossa would be awesome

_________________
Bryan [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bongo



Country/State : Germany
Age : 47
Joined : 2011-10-13
Posts : 366

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:39 pm

Big Body, Big Horns ? Maybe a huge Bighorn Sheep, Ha,Ha.

My guess is, maybe a Kouprey ! They have indeed very big horns, and it was defenitely never produced before.
Back to top Go down
Numaan
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : London, UK
Age : 37
Joined : 2010-06-18
Posts : 1422

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:15 pm

But I have read that the Kouprey was probably a myth and just a common cattle gone Feral or a buffalo/domestic cattle hybrid. The Kouprey has an interesting history, if anyone has any more info then do post but no there is no CollectA Kouprey unfortunately (at the moment).
Back to top Go down
bojan



Country/State : slovenia
Age : 40
Joined : 2012-01-04
Posts : 1020

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:18 pm

Give me Takin, Dall Sheep, Chiru, Bongo, Addax, Nilgai, Nyala, Impala, Anoa and Saiga and I'll be extremely happy! cheers and I'm only talking about hoofed animals! lol!

_________________
Bojan
Back to top Go down
Bongo



Country/State : Germany
Age : 47
Joined : 2011-10-13
Posts : 366

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
But I have read that the Kouprey was probably a myth and just a common cattle gone Feral or a buffalo/domestic cattle hybrid.  The Kouprey has an interesting history, if anyone has any more info then do post but no there is no CollectA Kouprey unfortunately (at the moment).
The scientists today belive the Kouprey was a true wild species, ist orgin could be a cross breeding between Gaur and Banteng,many thousands years ago.The last Kouprey was seen in the wild in 1988. There is a very nice Video on Youtube of a herd Koupreys.

I could imagine,Collecta is doing him now, the Kouprey would be a a perfect Addition to the Saola, which also comes from Vietnam and Kambodscha like the Kouprey.
Back to top Go down
twilighter

avatar

Country/State : Sofia, Bulgaria
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 85

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:36 pm

After long scientific debate , conclusion was that the Kouprey is genuine species. Is not a hybrid between Gaur, Banteng or Zebu and not a feral cattle. This is the final research [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

P.s. That will be dream-come-true figure for ungulate fans :-) . Perfectly match Numaan description. The horns are very interesting, they frayed at the tip, this happened very rare in Wisent too.

_________________
Konstantin
Back to top Go down
donny ong



Country/State : indonesia
Age : 45
Joined : 2012-10-10
Posts : 2242

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:33 am

I really wish there would be a greater kudu from CollectA. I believe it would be much better than that from Schleich and Papo.
Also a bongo, mountain nyala, addax, nile lechwe. Oh well... all the antelopes... and wild goats... and wild sheep... and wild cattle... and deer...


Back to top Go down
Florian

avatar

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve
Age : 20
Joined : 2013-03-31
Posts : 1903

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:49 am

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A NILGAI, REALLY.bounce bounce

_________________
My Facebook page : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
Florian

avatar

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve
Age : 20
Joined : 2013-03-31
Posts : 1903

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:15 pm

In the next list , is there one of the figures for 2014?;

Binturong
Saiga antelope
Chiru antelope
Golden tiger
Orycterope
Anoa
Bongo
Nile lechwe
Nilgai
Coati
Pengolin
Tragopan
Takin

_________________
My Facebook page : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
Tupolew Tu-154

avatar

Country/State : Airport
Age : 36
Joined : 2010-11-12
Posts : 886

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:46 pm

More prehistoric mammals, please.

- Uintatherium, my favorite prähistoric mammal [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

- Coryphodon [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

- Basilosaurus, an early whale
- Andrewsarchus, a carnivous hoofed animal
- Champsosaurus, a gavial like animal who lives from cretaceous to eocene
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
- Multituberculata, rodent like animals, who lived from jurassic to oligocene

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Juan Andrés



Country/State : Spain
Age : 17
Joined : 2013-07-17
Posts : 249

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:49 pm

When will the rest of the models be announced?
Back to top Go down
ze_neto

avatar

Country/State : Brasil
Age : 42
Joined : 2011-02-05
Posts : 325

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
When will the rest of the models be announced?
Juan made THE question!Applause 

_________________
Even the saints have been known to employ comedy to ridicule the enemies of the faith. For example, when the pagans plunged Saint Maurus into the boiling water, he complained that his bath was cold. The Sultan put his hand in and scalded himself. William de Baskerville.
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

avatar

Country/State : Airport
Age : 36
Joined : 2010-11-12
Posts : 886

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:13 pm

Botany sounds good, i hope for more prehistoric plants and trees.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   

Back to top Go down
 
CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???
» CollectA retired items for 2014
» My Volcanic Deck
» Really good mermail deck (Hoban's)
» my evilswarm deck

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: CollectA-
Jump to: