Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 
 

 Mojo 2013 Giant Panda arrived!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 43
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 22072

PostSubject: Mojo 2013 Giant Panda arrived!   Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:24 am

Another figure I received from James was the 2013 giant panda. Mojo is still a young brand building its range, so these best known animals are also needed.
I suspect James told me that the panda was a gift for my niece once it is her favorite animal but I think she has already many toys! Laughing Wink
The figure follows the top quality Mojo is presenting and the matte finish works very nice with this black and white figure. You'll see it better when one of our good photographers make a walk around of it. bounce
I added a picture of a real animal on top as Susanne did with the penguin. Very Happy I had already many pandas, even the last Schleich which I like, but ended giving them all to my niece. So, the comparison picture is with a unknown Yolanda/AAA giant panda baby that my niece gave me. Mojo's is more or less the same size as Schleich, quite smaller than WS Safari panda.
Until now it is my favorite giant panda together with new Schleich.





I hope soon to have the chance of showing the 3rd and last figure of these I received from James. Thanks again to James and Mojo's team. cheers

_________________
~ Rogério Crocodile MY collection of FOXES! Foxes I'm searching! bounce
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound

avatar

Country/State : USA
Age : 21
Joined : 2012-06-16
Posts : 4480

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Giant Panda arrived!   Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:26 am

Wow, it is absolutely stunning. I love this Panda! Great job Mojo, and congrats Roger.

_________________
-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  Wink )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
NandO

avatar

Country/State : indonesia
Age : 30
Joined : 2013-02-28
Posts : 1110

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Giant Panda arrived!   Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:09 am

congrats roger.. cant wait for SUY Panda.. Laughing

_________________
NandO
Back to top Go down
Carola

avatar

Country/State : Denmark
Age : 31
Joined : 2012-12-13
Posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Giant Panda arrived!   Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:26 am

Indeed the matte finish is very welcome. Personally I think it works very well on their Black Bear, so it's good to hear they'll continue the style :) The model is very fine and look to resemble it's nature rolemodel very well. Pandas indeed are naturally cute Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 43
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 22072

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Giant Panda arrived!   Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:49 am

Thanks Paige, Nando and Carola! Very Happy As I comment often, cute animals don't need extra cuteness. You'll love it! Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério Crocodile MY collection of FOXES! Foxes I'm searching! bounce
Back to top Go down
widukind

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 41
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 26695

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Giant Panda arrived!   Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:09 am

What a cute teddy;-) Congrats my friend

_________________
sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 65
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 31091

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Giant Panda arrived!   Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:10 am

A beautyful model again cheers

I love the way he SITS, - no animal can SIT as a panda can ! Like he has been sitting there for hours, thinking deep thoughts, and intends to keep sitting for a looong time Laughing

Perhaps a little more accuracy in the paintwork would be a plus ? scratch
The pandas have this sharp edge between black and white, it is another typical feature...
Mojo can do it, just look at the beautyful face Wink

_________________
flower SUSANNE   flower
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Ana

avatar

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9660

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Giant Panda arrived!   Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:27 am

Great addition!!! Congratulations! It's lovely panda, one of my favorites too!!! cheers

_________________
Anna
Horse and Bird
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
bojan



Country/State : slovenia
Age : 40
Joined : 2012-01-04
Posts : 1020

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Giant Panda arrived!   Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:44 pm

Nice Panda! Thank you for posting. Applause

I must admit I don't like the matte finish at all. Some of the older Mojö's (Hippo, African Buffalo, Black Bear, horses and last year's sea animals) are all very delicate and already have some scratches and marks because of that matte finish. All of the Papo and Safari Ltd. animals I have are scratch&marks free, I wish I could say the same about this exciting brand.
I wish they'd use the paint they used on the Seal or Elephant, otherwise I'll have to say goodbye to Mojö.

_________________
Bojan
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 43
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 22072

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Giant Panda arrived!   Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:41 pm

Thanks everyone! Very Happy Susanne, it is just a sample, maybe the regular production will be better. Though, this is not bad at all! Very Happy
Andreas, a Qinling panda would be better for you. Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério Crocodile MY collection of FOXES! Foxes I'm searching! bounce
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

avatar

Country/State : USA
Age : 49
Joined : 2012-03-03
Posts : 3000

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Giant Panda arrived!   Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:20 am

Wonderful sculpt! It is very classical -- very balanced, restrained, and still. I like it a lot. Thanks for the pictures Roger!

The issues that Susanne and Bojan mention are concerns for me as well. It would be nice to see finer paintwork. And the matte paint does seem to scratch easily. The Hippo and the Black Bear get marks so easily. I've been pretty successful so far in keeping the Hippopotamus -- one of my all-time favorite models -- mostly scratch free. But it feels like it's only a matter of time.
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

avatar

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis
Age : 55
Joined : 2010-07-17
Posts : 3694

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Giant Panda arrived!   Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:16 pm

A beautyful model again:!(o)): drunken I love you cheers 
Back to top Go down
PeGe

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 37
Joined : 2011-05-29
Posts : 1532

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Giant Panda arrived!   Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:13 pm

I will buy it. i's a lot of panda in it, even more than cuteness.
Back to top Go down
Florian

avatar

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve
Age : 20
Joined : 2013-03-31
Posts : 1903

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Giant Panda arrived!   Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:19 pm

The work with this figure is really fantastic. Congrats:cheers: cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 43
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 22072

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Giant Panda arrived!   Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:10 pm

Thanks Florian, Phillip, Jean-Luc and Scott! Very Happy

@scot(t) wrote:
Wonderful sculpt! It is very classical -- very balanced, restrained, and still. I like it a lot. Thanks for the pictures Roger!

The issues that Susanne and Bojan mention are concerns for me as well. It would be nice to see finer paintwork. And the matte paint does seem to scratch easily. The Hippo and the Black Bear get marks so easily. I've been pretty successful so far in keeping the Hippopotamus -- one of my all-time favorite models -- mostly scratch free. But it feels like it's only a matter of time.

Scott, I understand what you mean but this is a sample and the close up is showing exactly the worst part of the figure. Curiously, when I watched the figure in real, I thought immediatly that one of the persons that would love it was you. I don't know if it is the pose, the beautiful face or even the relatively small size. There is something that remembers me the wolverine that I know you love a lot. study
But if I know collectors and children, this figure will have a huge acceptance.
Distorting a little Pege's comment which I agree, this panda is cute just like a real panda and not cute like a cartoon. Very Happy I hope someone get it and take better pictures, mainly to show how the bottom of this figure is also very detailed. bounce Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério Crocodile MY collection of FOXES! Foxes I'm searching! bounce
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 53
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15002

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Giant Panda arrived!   Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:19 pm

Well well well, I have a few things to say and I don't know if I will be the bad boy of the topic scratch 

About the model itself I agree with PeGe, it is more panda than cute and I appreciate but it seems the head is too big IMHO or is it the pics ? This "too" big details disturb me... I don't know what to think.

About MÖJO painting I've just take a look at my models. I have no problems with the black models but have a few on the hippo and lions. I guess you are right but I'm not sure it has something to do with the matt finish confused 

_________________
Christophe
My topics on STS
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

avatar

Country/State : USA
Age : 49
Joined : 2012-03-03
Posts : 3000

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Giant Panda arrived!   Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:03 pm

@Roger wrote:
Thanks Florian, Phillip, Jean-Luc and Scott! Very Happy

@scot(t) wrote:
Wonderful sculpt! It is very classical -- very balanced, restrained, and still. I like it a lot. Thanks for the pictures Roger!

The issues that Susanne and Bojan mention are concerns for me as well. It would be nice to see finer paintwork. And the matte paint does seem to scratch easily. The Hippo and the Black Bear get marks so easily. I've been pretty successful so far in keeping the Hippopotamus -- one of my all-time favorite models -- mostly scratch free. But it feels like it's only a matter of time.

Scott, I understand what you mean but this is a sample and the close up is showing exactly the worst part of the figure. Curiously, when I watched the figure in real, I thought immediatly that one of the persons that would love it was you. I don't know if it is the pose, the beautiful face or even the relatively small size. There is something that remembers me the wolverine that I know you love a lot. study
But if I know collectors and children, this figure will have a huge acceptance.
Distorting a little Pege's comment which I agree, this panda is cute just like a real panda and not cute like a cartoon. :DI hope someone get it and take better pictures, mainly to show how the bottom of this figure is also very detailed. bounceVery Happy

Thank you for the thoughts Roger! I find your reflections to be really encouraging. We all know that models often look just different enough in person to make a substantial difference in how appealing we find the model to be. Your comparison of the Panda to the Wolverine really reinforces what I already like about the Panda from the pictures. And you're exactly right: The Panda's face is my favorite part (as with the Wolverine). And I do prefer modestly sized figures. I think you've convinced me to get it. I'm excited to see it in person!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 43
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 22072

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Giant Panda arrived!   Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:00 pm

I am sorry for not quoting but thanks for all your comments! Very Happy
Scott, I am not promoting the figure but I am sure people will have a better impression with the figures in their hands! Very Happy
Christophe, I made the same question often, pictures are all giving the impression that the head is too large. Seeing it in real I have the same impression. Though, the body is curved down with back touching the ground giving a curled pose to the animal, so, body looks smaller and consequently head looks larger. When I see pictures of real pandas sitting in similar poses, all of them look to have larger heads then when I see pictures of standing pandas. Maybe the head is a little large but I am not sure once the pandas of this nominate species have larger heads than those of other subspecies. Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério Crocodile MY collection of FOXES! Foxes I'm searching! bounce
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

avatar

Country/State : Singapore
Age : 47
Joined : 2010-04-05
Posts : 5413

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Giant Panda arrived!   Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:31 am

Congrats Roger!
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collector/ken-yeo
Ana

avatar

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9660

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Giant Panda arrived!   Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:26 pm

@bojan wrote:
Nice Panda! Thank you for posting. Applause

I must admit I don't like the matte finish at all. Some of the older Mojö's (Hippo, African Buffalo, Black Bear, horses and last year's sea animals) are all very delicate and already have some scratches and marks because of that matte finish. All of the Papo and Safari Ltd. animals I have are scratch&marks free, I wish I could say the same about this exciting brand.
I wish they'd use the paint they used on the Seal or Elephant, otherwise I'll have to say goodbye to Mojö.


I have good news for collectors, I just got this news from James. Mojo again is listening to collectors AND will improve the paint quality this year!!! They working on it now and within next two months Mojo animals will have new different paint-more durable than current one. They may become slightly less matt but surely will not be "glossy".

_________________
Anna
Horse and Bird
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
bojan



Country/State : slovenia
Age : 40
Joined : 2012-01-04
Posts : 1020

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Giant Panda arrived!   Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:54 pm

Good news, Anna. Thank you, but does that mean they will repaint the older models as well or only the non-released yet?

_________________
Bojan
Back to top Go down
arafan

avatar

Country/State : Brazil
Age : 18
Joined : 2012-11-16
Posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Giant Panda arrived!   Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:56 pm

Thank you Anna for this good news Very Happy

_________________
Bryan Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ana

avatar

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9660

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Giant Panda arrived!   Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:34 pm

@bojan wrote:
Good news, Anna. Thank you, but does that mean they will repaint the older models as well or only the non-released yet?


All animals I think. But it's going to take some time until they reach shops because so far older paint type is "on shelves". I think if the new paint will be use in factory within next 2 months we can expect to find new versions in shops for 6-7 months probably scratch

_________________
Anna
Horse and Bird
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
ken yeo

avatar

Country/State : Singapore
Age : 47
Joined : 2010-04-05
Posts : 5413

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Giant Panda arrived!   Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:53 pm

I looked again and sort of agree that the head is oversize. It could be better with a smaller head!!Very Happy :
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collector/ken-yeo
bojan



Country/State : slovenia
Age : 40
Joined : 2012-01-04
Posts : 1020

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Giant Panda arrived!   Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:10 am

Thank you again, Anna. Any news from Mojö is very welcome, since they don't post anything anymore on their FB page and their website is practically dead.

_________________
Bojan
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 43
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 22072

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Giant Panda arrived!   Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:43 pm

@Ana wrote:
@bojan wrote:
Nice Panda! Thank you for posting. Applause

I must admit I don't like the matte finish at all. Some of the older Mojö's (Hippo, African Buffalo, Black Bear, horses and last year's sea animals) are all very delicate and already have some scratches and marks because of that matte finish. All of the Papo and Safari Ltd. animals I have are scratch&marks free, I wish I could say the same about this exciting brand.
I wish they'd use the paint they used on the Seal or Elephant, otherwise I'll have to say goodbye to Mojö.


I have good news for collectors, I just got this news from James. Mojo again is listening to collectors AND will improve the paint quality this year!!! They working on it now and within next two months Mojo animals will have new different paint-more durable than current one. They may become slightly less matt but surely will not be "glossy".

Thanks Ana for that important information! Although I know Mojo takes seriously collectors opinions, I was not expecting this change at all. The matte finish is a mark of Mojo that I personally, contrarily to Bojan, appreciate a lot. But, as long as the figures don't turn shiny like Safari I'll keep loving them. The only figures I would love to see with a less matte finish are horses, but, as long as it contributes for better levels of resistance of the paintwork, it is very welcome. Let's see how it works. bounce

_________________
~ Rogério Crocodile MY collection of FOXES! Foxes I'm searching! bounce
Back to top Go down
STORMnl

avatar

Country/State : Nijmegen-Netherlands
Age : 57
Joined : 2011-07-24
Posts : 1082

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Giant Panda arrived!   Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:14 pm

wow roger,,you are one of the first that have the new figures,,


_________________
Back to top Go down
Florian

avatar

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve
Age : 20
Joined : 2013-03-31
Posts : 1903

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Giant Panda arrived!   Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:54 pm

Finaly, I really like it and I will put it with the mountain on my list in mojo for 2013.Very Happy Very Happy 
Congrats for you.Applause
Back to top Go down
http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 43
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 22072

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Giant Panda arrived!   Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:26 am

Thanks MArtien and Florian! Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério Crocodile MY collection of FOXES! Foxes I'm searching! bounce
Back to top Go down
Sergey

avatar

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia
Age : 51
Joined : 2010-09-22
Posts : 2841

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Giant Panda arrived!   Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:57 pm

Congrats Rogerio! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Wink 

_________________
My topic on STS
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 43
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 22072

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Giant Panda arrived!   Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:35 am

@Sergey wrote:
Congrats Rogerio! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Wink 
Thanks Sergey! Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério Crocodile MY collection of FOXES! Foxes I'm searching! bounce
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 65
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 31091

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Giant Panda arrived!   Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:48 am

@Ana wrote:

I have good news for collectors, I just got this news from James. Mojo again is listening to collectors AND will improve the paint quality this year!!! They working on it now and within next two months Mojo animals will have new different paint-more durable than current one. They may become slightly less matt but surely will not be "glossy".
This is fantastic news cheers 

_________________
flower SUSANNE   flower
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Giant Panda arrived!   

Back to top Go down
 
Mojo 2013 Giant Panda arrived!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Mojo 2013 Giant Panda arrived!
» Our choices for Mojo 2013?
» Mojo 2013 Retired Figures
» Mojo 2013 Honey Badger family
» Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Mojö Fun-
Jump to: