Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:01 am

Some of us have already noticed, even caught Wink, the magnificent Brown bear produced by KITAN CLUB this year. On this Brown bear year ( 2 SCHLEICH and one PAPO), I think the Japanese one is at the top of the crown king

Here are a few pics !
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:49 am

Indeed a magnificent bear !!!! Shocked
It truly looks like a live bear !!!! cheers

Please will you tell us a little about this model, - is it a puzzle ? Hollow ? Very Happy
I only have one Kitan Club model, which is very light.

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:51 am

What a fantastic bear!!!!So detailed and wonderful pose!!ApplauseApplauseApplause
Back to top Go down
Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:45 pm

It's perfect bear figure! cheers Thank you for walk around Kiki!

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia, Spain

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:38 pm

I like the body sculpting very much, seems a real one. is much bigger than the safari one? (I don't know if you have it to make the comparison)

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:10 pm

I like that figure since the first official pictures! It is an excelent bear replica and your pictures show it perfectly. It is only a pitty that it is from a Japanese brand. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:22 pm

That's a very realistic looking bear, one of the best I've seen

Back to top Go down
http://schleich.animobil.info
lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:34 pm

Taos wrote:
What a fantastic bear!!!!So detailed and wonderful pose!!ApplauseApplauseApplause

I love you Applause cheers Cool 
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:16 pm

A very nice bear figurine!! Thank for the pics Kiki Applause Applause Applause Applause 

But why have this bear so a visible line around his neck???!!?Sad Sad Sad Sad 

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:31 pm

widukind wrote:

Is the line so much visible? It's very thin line I think scratch And it seems to be subspecies of brown bear, from Japan: Ussuri brown bear  Ursus arctos lasiotus Wink

Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:38 pm

Ana wrote:
widukind wrote:

Is the line so much visible? It's very thin line I think :scratch:And it seems to be subspecies of brown bear, from Japan: Ussuri brown bear  Ursus arctos lasiotus Wink

You mean i should scratch scratch Cool Cool 

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:52 pm

CAN YOU SHOW ME THIS FIGURE WITH A PLAYMOBIL IF IT'S POSSIBLE ?
This figure is really fantastic:cheers: 

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:17 pm

It's so perfect. They've captured the strange, shuffling grace of the species very well. I don't even care for bears, but for the craftsmanship of the model alone he shall have to go on the "shopping list".

Roger wrote:
I like that figure since the first official pictures! It is an excelent bear replica and your pictures show it perfectly. It is only a pitty that it is from a Japanese brand. Very Happy
Forgive me for being dim, but why is this a pity? Because of the puzzle aspect, ease of acquisition..?

Lea K.  |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:51 pm

koniminiatures wrote:
Roger wrote:
Forgive me for being dim, but why is this a pity? Because of the puzzle aspect, ease of acquisition..?

I guess it is because it is less easily available Wink 

Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:56 pm

Thank you or your comments Very Happy 

SUSANNE wrote:
Indeed a magnificent bear !!!! Shocked
It truly looks like a live bear !!!! cheers

Please will you tell us a little about this model, - is it a puzzle ? Hollow ? Very Happy
I only have one Kitan Club model, which is very light.

It is puzzle, head + body, it is not hollow and the plastic is less brittle than usual Japanese models

Abu Rai wrote:
I like the body sculpting very much, seems a real one. is much bigger than the safari one? (I don't know if you have it to make the comparison)

It is smaller, I will make pics Sleep 

widukind wrote:
Ana wrote:
widukind wrote:

Is the line so much visible? It's very thin line I think :scratch:And it seems to be subspecies of brown bear, from Japan: Ussuri brown bear  Ursus arctos lasiotus Wink

You can bounce bounce bounce  And the line is far less visible than on the pics Wink 

Neven Florian wrote:
CAN YOU SHOW ME THIS FIGURE WITH A PLAYMOBIL IF IT'S POSSIBLE ?
This figure is really fantastic:cheers: 

I will Very Happy

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:15 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
koniminiatures wrote:
Roger wrote:

I guess it is because it is less easily available Wink 

Exactly Christophe! Very Happy
About being a puzzle is also something that I don't appreciate. Though, not dramatic in this figure. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:17 am

Ah, thank you for clarifying.

Lea K.  |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:40 am

Wonderful walkaround Christophe!! I also received this model (and the Macaque) very recently. Honestly, I thought it was even more impressive in person. In part, the figure was heavier than I expected, more solid. As you pointed out, it's made of a slightly softer plastic than most of the Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures. It reminds me of the Yujin "puzzle" Tortoises I've purchased.

In an ideal world, they wouldn't have made it a puzzle animals. Since there are only two pieces -- the head and the body -- it'd would have been great if it were just one piece of plastic. But I think the Bear is fabulous as it is (seam and all). I even prefer the small size. (Joan, it's small -- a bit shorter and a bit less long than the old Schleich Hyena. I use that as a reference only because they are standing next to each other on my table.)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:33 pm

Thank you Scott ! I would love to see less puzzle KITAN and more "non Japanese" animals bounce 

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:51 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Thank you Scott ! I would love to see less puzzle KITAN and more "non Japanese" animals bounce 

Agree cheers cheers 

Congrats Chris!

Kitan Brown bear come with a very good finishing on both sculpting & painting. But I think Papo grizzly bear is better sculpting. IMO Kitan beat papo by only painting.

Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:51 pm

ken yeo wrote:
Kitan Brown bear come with a very good finishing on both sculpting & painting. But I think Papo grizzly bear is better sculpting. IMO Kitan beat papo by only painting.

I don't agree Ken Very Happy  PAPO grizzly is very nice but IMHO even in sculpting KITAN CLUB is more impressive Cool 

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:11 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

widukind wrote:
ot;]
Ana wrote:
widukind wrote:

You can bounce bounce bounce  And the line is far less visible than on the pics Wink 

I have do it Very Happy Very Happy  You and your walkarounds makes me poor:lol: Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:01 pm

widukind wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

widukind wrote:
ot;]
Ana wrote:
widukind wrote:

I have do it Very Happy Very Happy  You and your walkarounds makes me poor:lol: Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 

This figure is hard to resist AND it's rarely represented subspecies too, I think it was good decision Cool sunny 

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:53 pm

I'm sold - thanks for the excellent walk around Christophe!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:06 am

Thank you Harriet Very Happy 

Among modern brown bears, this one is on my top Three with the COLLECTA Grizzly and the PAPO Pyrenean Bear.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:00 pm

Ana wrote:
widukind wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

widukind wrote:
ot;]
Ana wrote:
widukind wrote:

Yes, it was a good decision sunny sunny sunny 

This figure is hard to resist AND it's rarely represented subspecies too, I think it was good decision Cool sunny 

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   

Back to top Go down

The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1