Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The topic "Animals where you live" won the SUY for December" Very Happy

Share | 

Blackdanter's Latest Additions - Insects, Reptiles, Amphibians, Dinos etc

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
blackdanter

Country/State : East Sussex, UK

PostSubject: Blackdanter's Latest Additions - Insects, Reptiles, Amphibians, Dinos etc   Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:41 am

I've been on a bit of a collecting bender of late! Here are some of the recent things that have crawled/slivered into the house! Very Happy 

Sega gashapon size beetles and one from their incredibly rare premium line (similar to Subarudo). I'm very pleased with these.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Kabaya beetles. Totally unknown to me prior to acquiring them. Lovely gashapon sized figures and very rare.

It's not a thing I would normally be interested in but this Blip Toys Rattlesnake is a real gem. It's very large, quite heavy and has super detail.

Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Blackdanter's Latest Additions - Insects, Reptiles, Amphibians, Dinos etc   Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:48 am

That are unbelievable and very interesting newcomers!! Big congratulations Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause 

Country/State : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Blackdanter's Latest Additions - Insects, Reptiles, Amphibians, Dinos etc   Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:52 am

Wow!! You really have a few new creatures! I love the snake! Congratulations.

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Blackdanter's Latest Additions - Insects, Reptiles, Amphibians, Dinos etc   Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:48 pm

That snake scares me!

Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Blackdanter's Latest Additions - Insects, Reptiles, Amphibians, Dinos etc   Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:35 pm

The snake is impressive as well the picture! cheers
But it is even more exciting to see all these insects, they look excelent,the level of detail of Kabaia is impressive. I need to prevent your pictures, they make me feel tempted of collecting insects and I won't do it. Evil or Very Mad Laughing I confess Coleoptera are my favorite and those look very realistic. Maybe it is asking too much but I would love to know the species if it is possible! Not because I know a lot about it but exactly because I would love to learn something about them and on forum it has more fun. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Blackdanter's Latest Additions - Insects, Reptiles, Amphibians, Dinos etc   Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:49 pm

HOLY marel ! They are just fabulous, - WOW affraid 

You surely got some jewels there, - thay are just ....ohhhh:drunken: 

Very, very good photoes too, - REAL eye-candy cheers 

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Blackdanter's Latest Additions - Insects, Reptiles, Amphibians, Dinos etc   Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:22 pm

Beetles give me the creeps!affraid 
The snake is beautiful.

PostSubject: Re: Blackdanter's Latest Additions - Insects, Reptiles, Amphibians, Dinos etc   Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:31 pm

Thanks all. :) 

So, ID's. For the Sega figures:

Top left to right:

Prosocopoilus giraffa
Dynastes granti
Dynastes neptunus
Allotopus rosenbergi
Mesotopus tarandus

Bottom left to right:

Chalcosoma atlas
Megasoma mars
Trypoxylus dichotoma
Dynastes hercules

The large Sega is I think: Dorcus titanus

The Kabaya beetles:

Top left to right:

Dynastes neptunus
Chalcosoma atlas
Megasoma mars
Dorcus titanus

Bottom left to right:

Eupatorus gracilicornis
Augosoma centaurus
Lucanus maculifemoratus
Trypoxylus dichotoma

These figures aren't actually identified by name. Those are my ID's based on the usual suspects found in Japanese beetle sets so, I may be 'out' on a couple! Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blackdanter's Latest Additions - Insects, Reptiles, Amphibians, Dinos etc   Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

These figures aren't actually identified by name. Those are my ID's based on the usual suspects found in Japanese beetle sets so, I may be 'out' on a couple! Wink

Many thanks, it turns your topic even more interesting and now we have something to research, many species look very similar to an untrained eye! I had the chance of googling some and it is incredible the realism of these figures. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
blackdanter

PostSubject: Re: Blackdanter's Latest Additions - Insects, Reptiles, Amphibians, Dinos etc   Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:35 pm

Many thanks, it turns your topic even more interesting and now we have something to research, many species look very similar to an untrained eye!  I had the chance of googling some and it is incredible the realism of these figures. Very Happy

No problem Roger. I just didn't have enough time this morning to list the names! I'm no expert and the number of species on the planet is vast so it's quite difficult at times to identify a beetle unless you know where the animal originates from. Some of these figures can look very similar and only on close inspection can you ID the species (the sculpting is that good).

Here's a picture which shows the different head moldings for two Chalcosoma figures (Subarudo is on the right and the T-Arts on the left). The different sculpting of the head horn means that the figure on the left is Chalcosoma atlas whilst the one on the right is Chalcosoma  
caucasus. I was fortunate to have the advice of Dr Andre on the ATF to sort this issue out for me :) 

Back to top Go down
blackdanter

PostSubject: Re: Blackdanter's Latest Additions - Insects, Reptiles, Amphibians, Dinos etc   Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:42 pm

Here are the figures.
Subarudo first, the Chalcosoma caucasus is second on the left:

Here are some T-Arts beetles, the Chalcosoma atlas is again second from the left:

Essentially, the two moldings are identical, only the changed head sculpt means that they represent different species.
Back to top Go down
sauroid

Country/State : usa

PostSubject: Re: Blackdanter's Latest Additions - Insects, Reptiles, Amphibians, Dinos etc   Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:54 pm

cool stuff blackdanter Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Blackdanter's Latest Additions - Insects, Reptiles, Amphibians, Dinos etc   Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:03 pm

Great stuff again cheers cheers cheers 

Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Blackdanter's Latest Additions - Insects, Reptiles, Amphibians, Dinos etc   Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:12 pm

Great pics and impressive adds Applause  Collecting insect is like swimming in the abyss for me, discovering a strange an wonderful world but I can't imagine the limits drunken 

Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blackdanter's Latest Additions - Insects, Reptiles, Amphibians, Dinos etc   Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:38 pm

Thanks again for all information provided! Very Happy
Actually it is much more difficult than I ever expected! some of them have really little differences but it is great to learn with other collectors and mainly using toys as source of our knowledge! cheers

Back to top Go down
blackdanter

PostSubject: Recent additions   Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:31 pm

More unpainted Schleich dinos:

Parasaurolophus, Saichania & Stegosaurus.

Bullyland:

This Bully Cuttlefish has eluded me for years but its finally here!

Kaiyodo Night Aqua Museum:

Somewhat bizarre Kaiyodo/Takara Micro World collaboration figures with a built in UV lamp to add an additional dimension to the figures in the dark.

From left to right:

Clione limacina sculpted by Matsumoto Elichiro

Padinus Imperator sculpted by Takuma Katsuo

Daphnia pulex sculpted by Matsumoto Elichiro

Pachystomias microdon sculpted by Sugaya Ataru
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Blackdanter's Latest Additions - Insects, Reptiles, Amphibians, Dinos etc   Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:51 pm

Very nice newcomers for you!! Big congratulations cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

PostSubject: Re: Blackdanter's Latest Additions - Insects, Reptiles, Amphibians, Dinos etc   Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:28 pm

Very nice newcomers for you!! Big congratulations cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

Thanks Andreas Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Blackdanter's Latest Additions - Insects, Reptiles, Amphibians, Dinos etc   Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:27 pm

Oh, how marvellous those Night Aqua Museum figurines are! The Clione limacina and Daphnia pulex..! Wherever did you find them? (By all means, don't say if you'd rather not.) Might you be able to supply us a picture of them with their lights on?

Funny how the Schleich dinos look a good bit more convincing (to me, anyway) without their paint on.

Lea K.  |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
blackdanter

PostSubject: Re: Blackdanter's Latest Additions - Insects, Reptiles, Amphibians, Dinos etc   Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:04 pm

Oh, how marvellous those Night Aqua Museum figurines are! The Clione limacina and Daphnia pulex..! Wherever did you find them? (By all means, don't say if you'd rather not.) Might you be able to supply us a picture of them with their lights on?

Funny how the Schleich dinos look a good bit more convincing (to me, anyway) without their paint on.

The Clione isn't a unique figure. Kaiyodo have done it at least twice before but this one looks a lot better, more realistic. They are a strange set, a bit experimental I guess. It's also unusual to have the sculptor named on the paperwork! They're a good old Ebay purchase. I bought them from American seller, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. He's a bit cheaper than other sellers and does turn up some nice stuff. I've had some scarce Yujin dinos and Epoch living fossil figures from him recently (tough items to find). Which reminds me, I should post those aswell when I have time!

Yeah, I have a bit of a thing about the naked Schleich figures! They look so much better unpainted!
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Blackdanter's Latest Additions - Insects, Reptiles, Amphibians, Dinos etc   Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:39 pm

Thank you for the information! I've seen the Kaiyodo Aquatales Clione before, yes, but never this one. Kaiyodo do name the sculptor on at least most of their dogs (Animatales and Pets series), I think - the accompanying leaflets often even have the sculptor's photograph on them.

Ah, andrewtsang. I check his shop quite regularly now - must have been before my time, then. Thanks for the link!

Lea K.  |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blackdanter's Latest Additions - Insects, Reptiles, Amphibians, Dinos etc   Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:35 pm

Those are unusual but very interesting additions! It is great that you hsare not only the figures but all the information about them! cheers

Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Blackdanter's Latest Additions - Insects, Reptiles, Amphibians, Dinos etc   Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:46 am

I wouod love to see more of your collection:-)

Country/State : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Blackdanter's Latest Additions - Insects, Reptiles, Amphibians, Dinos etc   Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:46 am

Lovely new additions! The aquarium and un painted dino's are especially cool!

PostSubject: Recent additions - August/September 2013   Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:34 pm

So, I've been a bit busy of late but have still been collecting. I finally have a free afternoon and so thought I'd share some of my latest figures. Very Happy 

I finally found a full set of rare Epoch Living Fossil figures which included both secret figures. It's probably my favourite addition of the year!

Latimeria chalumnae
Triops longicaudatus
Nautilus pompilus

Mikadetrochus beyrichii
Andrias japonicus (Secret)
Neoceratodus fersteri

Arapaima gigas
Chlamydoselachus anguineus (Secret)

And for Widukind, the paper insert!

I managed to find a couple of Starlux 'Prehistoire' figures I've been looking for.

Brontotherium
Synthetoceras

Some additions to my Battat collection (a very slow burner!)

Tyrannosaurus rex

Acrocanthosaurus atokensis

Triceratops horridus

Maiasaura peeblesorum

Parasaurolphus walkeri

Utahraptor ostrommaysi

For Widukind, a scan of the tag.

I'll add more later in the week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blackdanter's Latest Additions - Insects, Reptiles, Amphibians, Dinos etc   Today at 10:37 am

Back to top Go down

Blackdanter's Latest Additions - Insects, Reptiles, Amphibians, Dinos etc
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next