Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The topic "Animals where you live" won the SUY for December" Very Happy

Share | 

Kaiyodo Series 1 Retro Classic brachiosaurus

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Kaiyodo Series 1 Retro Classic brachiosaurus   Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:15 pm

Does anyone recognize this quaint, wee perhaps-Brachiosaurus? He came from Japan (from a seller who presumed the model's make Colorata, which I do have my doubts about) without any papers; is permanently attached to the bottle cap he stands on; and is marked only "Made in China" followed by a few Japanese letters. (If there are any Japanese speakers here who'd like to have a crack at those, I'd be happy to photograph the letters, too.) If anyone knows his origins, I'd be curious to know. He does have a slight Kazunari Araki feel to his physique, but I could be just hallucinating that.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lea K.  |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
blackdanter

Country/State : East Sussex, UK

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Series 1 Retro Classic brachiosaurus   Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:43 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Does anyone recognize this quaint, wee perhaps-Brachiosaurus? He came from Japan (from a seller who presumed the model's make Colorata, which I do have my doubts about) without any papers; is permanently attached to the bottle cap he stands on; and is marked only "Made in China" followed by a few Japanese letters. (If there are any Japanese speakers here who'd like to have a crack at those, I'd be happy to photograph the letters, too.) If anyone knows his origins, I'd be curious to know. He does have a slight Kazunari Araki feel to his physique, but I could be just hallucinating that.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It's a Kaiyodo Series 1 Retro Classic bottle cap figure. They were all based on Knight and Zallinger art work. I think you're right, if my memory is correct, Kazunari Araki did do the sculpts for these. Wink 
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Series 1 Retro Classic brachiosaurus   Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:13 am

It's a Kaiyodo Series 1 Retro Classic bottle cap figure. They were all based on Knight and Zallinger art work. I think you're right, if my memory is correct, Kazunari Araki did do the sculpts for these. Wink 

Know you more old japanese animal figurines:-)??????????

Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Series 1 Retro Classic brachiosaurus   Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:20 am

Fantastic little figure ! Fantastic find ! Applause 

BD, your knowlede is amazing Very Happy 

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Series 1 Retro Classic brachiosaurus   Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:46 pm

BD, your knowlede is amazing Very Happy 

I agree Very Happy 

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Series 1 Retro Classic brachiosaurus   Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:54 pm

Thank you very much for the info, Blackdanter! That came like straight off the shelf of a pharmacy, as they say in Finnish - most impressive! It seems Kazunari Araki did sculpt these, if my extra info quickly gleaned off the Interwebs about the series is correct.

Lea K.  |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Series 1 Retro Classic brachiosaurus   Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:29 am

I love that little Brachiosaurus! What a lovely little figure!
Back to top Go down
Katty

Country/State : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Series 1 Retro Classic brachiosaurus   Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:52 am

He's so neat!!

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Series 1 Retro Classic brachiosaurus   Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:43 am

He's cute!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
blackdanter

Country/State : East Sussex, UK

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Series 1 Retro Classic brachiosaurus   Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:48 pm

Know you more old japanese animal figurines:-)??????????

Well, I'm pretty sharp on Japanese dinosaurs as I've gathered a lot of research over the years and spoken to various folk at Kaiyodo (I had planned to put out a book). I used to put info on DTF but find that it gets pilaged so tend to hold back on info these days (just in case I get motivated to do the book again one day!). But I'm happy to ID stuff if I can. Wink 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Series 1 Retro Classic brachiosaurus   Today at 5:27 am

Back to top Go down

Kaiyodo Series 1 Retro Classic brachiosaurus
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1