Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

Kaiyodo Series 1 Retro Classic brachiosaurus

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Kaiyodo Series 1 Retro Classic brachiosaurus   Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:15 pm

Does anyone recognize this quaint, wee perhaps-Brachiosaurus? He came from Japan (from a seller who presumed the model's make Colorata, which I do have my doubts about) without any papers; is permanently attached to the bottle cap he stands on; and is marked only "Made in China" followed by a few Japanese letters. (If there are any Japanese speakers here who'd like to have a crack at those, I'd be happy to photograph the letters, too.) If anyone knows his origins, I'd be curious to know. He does have a slight Kazunari Araki feel to his physique, but I could be just hallucinating that.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lea K.  |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
blackdanter

Country/State : East Sussex, UK

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Series 1 Retro Classic brachiosaurus   Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:43 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Does anyone recognize this quaint, wee perhaps-Brachiosaurus? He came from Japan (from a seller who presumed the model's make Colorata, which I do have my doubts about) without any papers; is permanently attached to the bottle cap he stands on; and is marked only "Made in China" followed by a few Japanese letters. (If there are any Japanese speakers here who'd like to have a crack at those, I'd be happy to photograph the letters, too.) If anyone knows his origins, I'd be curious to know. He does have a slight Kazunari Araki feel to his physique, but I could be just hallucinating that.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It's a Kaiyodo Series 1 Retro Classic bottle cap figure. They were all based on Knight and Zallinger art work. I think you're right, if my memory is correct, Kazunari Araki did do the sculpts for these. Wink 
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Series 1 Retro Classic brachiosaurus   Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:13 am

It's a Kaiyodo Series 1 Retro Classic bottle cap figure. They were all based on Knight and Zallinger art work. I think you're right, if my memory is correct, Kazunari Araki did do the sculpts for these. Wink 

Know you more old japanese animal figurines:-)??????????

Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Series 1 Retro Classic brachiosaurus   Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:20 am

Fantastic little figure ! Fantastic find ! Applause 

BD, your knowlede is amazing Very Happy 

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Series 1 Retro Classic brachiosaurus   Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:46 pm

BD, your knowlede is amazing Very Happy 

I agree Very Happy 

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Series 1 Retro Classic brachiosaurus   Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:54 pm

Thank you very much for the info, Blackdanter! That came like straight off the shelf of a pharmacy, as they say in Finnish - most impressive! It seems Kazunari Araki did sculpt these, if my extra info quickly gleaned off the Interwebs about the series is correct.

Lea K.  |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Series 1 Retro Classic brachiosaurus   Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:29 pm

I love that little Brachiosaurus! What a lovely little figure!
Back to top Go down
Katty

Country/State : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Series 1 Retro Classic brachiosaurus   Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:52 pm

He's so neat!!

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Series 1 Retro Classic brachiosaurus   Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:43 am

He's cute!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
blackdanter

Country/State : East Sussex, UK

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Series 1 Retro Classic brachiosaurus   Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:48 pm

Know you more old japanese animal figurines:-)??????????

Well, I'm pretty sharp on Japanese dinosaurs as I've gathered a lot of research over the years and spoken to various folk at Kaiyodo (I had planned to put out a book). I used to put info on DTF but find that it gets pilaged so tend to hold back on info these days (just in case I get motivated to do the book again one day!). But I'm happy to ID stuff if I can. Wink 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Series 1 Retro Classic brachiosaurus   Today at 10:25 pm

Back to top Go down

Kaiyodo Series 1 Retro Classic brachiosaurus
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1