Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 
 

 1:20 White rhino by Paleocraft

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
signatus



Country/State : Spain
Age : 52
Joined : 2011-01-30
Posts : 877

PostSubject: 1:20 White rhino by Paleocraft   Mon 29 Jul - 16:08

I want to introduce an exceptional figure made by Paleocraft company. It is the white rhino  made  in a 1:20 scale.It size with relative to other figures of the different brands is perfect depicts a real-size white rhino. Finally!!.study 

The artist wanted to represent an animal in a calm posture expressed with great realism. LOOOVE IT !!

Hope you enjoy the pics !!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://signatustudio.com
widukind



Country/State : Germany
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 23640

PostSubject: Re: 1:20 White rhino by Paleocraft   Mon 29 Jul - 16:27

Wow, a very beautieful new figurine!! Congratulations cheers cheers cheers cheers 

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin


Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 28283

PostSubject: Re: 1:20 White rhino by Paleocraft   Mon 29 Jul - 16:58

Shocked Shocked A white, white-rhino affraid 

Really, it looks like the game keeper has grown, and is standing next to a real animal cheers 
It is the most fantastic model of a rhino I have ever seen in my life , - WOW !!!!Applause Applause Applause 

_________________
SUSANNE  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
MartinH
Moderator


Country/State : Czech Republic
Age : 34
Joined : 2010-08-24
Posts : 2895

PostSubject: Re: 1:20 White rhino by Paleocraft   Mon 29 Jul - 18:29

stunning model
Applause 

_________________
my website [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
my outside photos [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://my photos http://dixieboy.rajce.idnes.cz/
elephas_maximus



Joined : 2011-11-24
Posts : 475

PostSubject: Re: 1:20 White rhino by Paleocraft   Mon 29 Jul - 18:49

Great rhino model, I also have Paleocraft figures of African elephant and woolly mammoth. The sculptor does a nice job and has a large range of models.
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
HKHollinstone
Moderator


Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 24
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11310

PostSubject: Re: 1:20 White rhino by Paleocraft   Mon 29 Jul - 21:57

oh !! It's beautiful! Congrats Miguel, l need one too drunken

_________________
Harriet
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
signatus



Country/State : Spain
Age : 52
Joined : 2011-01-30
Posts : 877

PostSubject: Re: 1:20 White rhino by Paleocraft   Tue 30 Jul - 11:11

Thank you Andreas, Martin, Harriet, Susanne, Elephas !! I'm glad you like it !!Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

Susanne, I think the same as you, is the most fantastic model of rhino with lot of realism.!

Elephas, I have the intention to buy the african elephant by Paleocraft but the high price of these figures is a drawback. I think Sean Cooper and Lu Mountain are doing a wonderful job with the figures of these species perform with great perfection. The correct scale between different species is also a plus, in my opinion.

Miguel
Back to top Go down
http://signatustudio.com
Roger
Admin


Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 20255

PostSubject: Re: 1:20 White rhino by Paleocraft   Tue 30 Jul - 17:27

Miguel, that is an excelent replica! Very Happy Actually, white rhinos are calm creatures, they are almost like cowsliving in herds, in a posture completly different from black rhinos, that love to charge everything around, I am sure the man you're showing, would be much more nervous if it was a black rhino instead. affraid Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
scot(t)



Country/State : USA
Age : 48
Joined : 2012-03-03
Posts : 2996

PostSubject: Re: 1:20 White rhino by Paleocraft   Tue 30 Jul - 23:23

Beautiful figure! Thanks for sharing Miguel!

May I ask, what material is it made from?
Back to top Go down
signatus



Country/State : Spain
Age : 52
Joined : 2011-01-30
Posts : 877

PostSubject: Re: 1:20 White rhino by Paleocraft   Wed 31 Jul - 7:23

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Beautiful figure! Thanks for sharing Miguel!

May I ask, what material is it made from?

I think the material is a poliurethane resin. Not too hard and brittle.

Miguel
Back to top Go down
http://signatustudio.com
Ana



Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 29
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9268

PostSubject: Re: 1:20 White rhino by Paleocraft   Mon 2 Sep - 9:22

Wow, what an amazing figure it is!!! Congratulations!! sunny Will you paint it? :)

_________________
Anna
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kikimalou
Admin


Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15239

PostSubject: Re: 1:20 White rhino by Paleocraft   Mon 2 Sep - 11:47

Congratulation Miguel, it is an awesome model Cool 

I love everything in Paleocraft models... Except the prices Laughing They are alas too expensive for me now.

I hope you will paint it bounce 

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
A-J



Country/State : The Netherlands
Age : 20
Joined : 2012-05-11
Posts : 1241

PostSubject: Re: 1:20 White rhino by Paleocraft   Mon 2 Sep - 16:21

Congrats cheers The rhino is just perfect, a great addition to your collection!!!

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Anne-Joke [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.little-dandelion-studio.blogspot.com
cattlecollector



Country/State : U.S.A
Age : 18
Joined : 2012-11-16
Posts : 1615

PostSubject: Re: 1:20 White rhino by Paleocraft   Mon 7 Oct - 21:24

Wow, that is incredible!

_________________
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away!"

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it is going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming. (One of my favorite archery quotes)
Back to top Go down
JGar92



Country/State : United States
Age : 24
Joined : 2013-12-26
Posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: 1:20 White rhino by Paleocraft   Fri 27 Dec - 4:30

Hi all,

I understand that this post is now several months old, but I joined the website to specifically ask Signatus about this model. I can't find much about Paleocraft anywhere!

How long did the model take to arrive?

Was there a lot of clean-up involved?

Did it take to paint well?

Lastly--would anyone be able to point me to a similar unpainted rhinoceros model that's cheaper and/or smaller?

I've been admiring Paleocraft for a long time, but its products are incredibly cost prohibitive. Its most affordable model, the 1/48 Wooly Rhino, seems to have been discontinued. I'd like to ask Paleocraft about it, but the link to their "contact" page is unresponsive.

Back to top Go down
elephas_maximus



Joined : 2011-11-24
Posts : 475

PostSubject: Re: 1:20 White rhino by Paleocraft   Fri 27 Dec - 6:26

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hi all,

I understand that this post is now several months old, but I joined the website to specifically ask Signatus about this model. I can't find much about Paleocraft anywhere!

How long did the model take to arrive?

Was there a lot of clean-up involved?

Did it take to paint well?

Lastly--would anyone be able to point me to a similar unpainted rhinoceros model that's cheaper and/or smaller?

I've been admiring Paleocraft for a long time, but its products are incredibly cost prohibitive. Its most affordable model, the 1/48 Wooly Rhino, seems to have been discontinued. I'd like to ask Paleocraft about it, but the link to their "contact" page is unresponsive.


You may be interested in this model of a 1/35 scale black rhino, resin, unpainted.  I don't own it but it looks pretty nice and cost only USD $21.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
Kikimalou
Admin


Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15239

PostSubject: Re: 1:20 White rhino by Paleocraft   Fri 27 Dec - 6:31

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

You may be interested in this model of a 1/35 scale black rhino, resin, unpainted.  I don't own it but it looks pretty nice and cost only USD $21.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It is really nice  drunken  It comes in two parts and the details are really great. I will post pics as soon as my camera will awake  Laughing 

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar



Country/State : Spain
Age : 17
Joined : 2012-02-05
Posts : 3290

PostSubject: Re: 1:20 White rhino by Paleocraft   Fri 27 Dec - 10:58

Wonderful work !!  cheers cheers 

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
JGar92



Country/State : United States
Age : 24
Joined : 2013-12-26
Posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: 1:20 White rhino by Paleocraft   Sat 28 Dec - 20:49

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

You may be interested in this model of a 1/35 scale black rhino, resin, unpainted.  I don't own it but it looks pretty nice and cost only USD $21.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It is really nice  drunken  It comes in two parts and the details are really great. I will post pics as soon as my camera will awake  Laughing 

I spotted that one, but could find even less information about Greene Models than I could Paleocraft. The order worked out alright for you?

Paleocraft's rhino is still very tempting, despite the cost.

Edit: What's the shipping like for Greene Models?
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin


Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15239

PostSubject: Re: 1:20 White rhino by Paleocraft   Sat 28 Dec - 20:55

Seriously I don't remember the shipping cost but I can say the order worked perfectly  Very Happy 

Of course this model is far smaller than the paleocraft, it has the same size as the Britains black rhino and it is beautiful.

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
widukind



Country/State : Germany
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 23640

PostSubject: Re: 1:20 White rhino by Paleocraft   Sat 28 Dec - 21:02

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hi all,

I understand that this post is now several months old, but I joined the website to specifically ask Signatus about this model. I can't find much about Paleocraft anywhere!

How long did the model take to arrive?

Was there a lot of clean-up involved?

Did it take to paint well?

Lastly--would anyone be able to point me to a similar unpainted rhinoceros model that's cheaper and/or smaller?

I've been admiring Paleocraft for a long time, but its products are incredibly cost prohibitive. Its most affordable model, the 1/48 Wooly Rhino, seems to have been discontinued. I'd like to ask Paleocraft about it, but the link to their "contact" page is unresponsive.


You may be interested in this model of a 1/35 scale black rhino, resin, unpainted.  I don't own it but it looks pretty nice and cost only USD $21.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A interesting link  sunny 

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind



Country/State : Germany
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 23640

PostSubject: Re: 1:20 White rhino by Paleocraft   Sat 28 Dec - 21:03

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hi all,

I understand that this post is now several months old, but I joined the website to specifically ask Signatus about this model. I can't find much about Paleocraft anywhere!

How long did the model take to arrive?

Was there a lot of clean-up involved?

Did it take to paint well?

Lastly--would anyone be able to point me to a similar unpainted rhinoceros model that's cheaper and/or smaller?

I've been admiring Paleocraft for a long time, but its products are incredibly cost prohibitive. Its most affordable model, the 1/48 Wooly Rhino, seems to have been discontinued. I'd like to ask Paleocraft about it, but the link to their "contact" page is unresponsive.


Welcome here  sunny sunny 

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
elephas_maximus



Joined : 2011-11-24
Posts : 475

PostSubject: Re: 1:20 White rhino by Paleocraft   Sat 28 Dec - 21:15

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

I spotted that one, but could find even less information about Greene Models than I could Paleocraft. The order worked out alright for you?

Paleocraft's rhino is still very tempting, despite the cost.

Edit: What's the shipping like for Greene Models?

Just so you know, I've ordered Paleocraft's African elephant and wooly mammoth and they both arrived in a timely manner.  Hardly any cleanup is needed (just scrub them with soapy water to get rid of any mould release then paint), they are made with high quality resin and are superbly casted, the rhino should be the same.  

Paleocraft sends their models to Alchemy Works for casting, they are made in America.  The items were packed very well for shipping with Styrofoam chips to cushion the models.  

I know of quite a few people who have ordered from Paleocraft and can backup their reliability.
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
JGar92



Country/State : United States
Age : 24
Joined : 2013-12-26
Posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: 1:20 White rhino by Paleocraft   Sat 28 Dec - 22:31

Just to be sure--there aren't any distributors who sell Paleocraft's models are more affordable prices, are there?

BTW, here's a couple Indian Elephants you may want to add to your Proboscidea collection:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
elephas_maximus



Joined : 2011-11-24
Posts : 475

PostSubject: Re: 1:20 White rhino by Paleocraft   Sat 28 Dec - 23:51

Thanks for the link, I occasionally see Paleocraft models on eBay but not often.

For those in Europe this site carries Paleocraft models but the pricing is a bit more:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dan's dinosaurs, similar pricing:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm not aware of any other sites which have Paleocraft models for cheaper prices.
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 1:20 White rhino by Paleocraft   Today at 12:43

Back to top Go down
 
1:20 White rhino by Paleocraft
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» WEEKEND's available models: Gaur bull, White rhino, Chinese pangolin... UPDATED: 01.16.
» 1:20 White rhino by Paleocraft
» Kangaroo, elephant and white rhino calves, Giant panda with cub and sea turtle
» Rafiki the White rhino by Weekend
» Lineol White rhino

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Customs - Homemade models - Non toy animal replicas :: Non toy animal replicas-
Jump to: