Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Zebra stallions battle!

Go down 
+35
Bloodrayne
Taos
lucky luke
arafan
Florian
Roger
A-J
elephas_maximus
GoldEagle
Carola
bjarki12
PeGe
Philter4
Mastiffcat
animalluvr6
skysthelimit
MartinH
Dorkan
SeanieP
AlienMantis
Kikimalou
widukind
goatherder
cattlecollector
Ana
Joan Milelire
scot(t)
Saarlooswolfhound
SUSANNE
miniNature
Elros Alvar
Fisva
Zelvik
HKHollinstone
SyLoBe
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

Zebra stallions battle! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zebra stallions battle!   Zebra stallions battle! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 2:44 pm

SyLoBe wrote:

There´s no need of being so rude. I accept criticism but well said. Please, be a bit more polite nex time.

That's right, criticism can (and I think should be) be said in polite way...

SyLoBe wrote:

I see the ears are too short (working on them to fix them now) but I can´t see big differences on the anatomy. In fact I used photos as reference. I would have loved my zebras to be perfect, but the pose was really difficult and did my best. I tried to show the more angled Cape´s croup (Hartmann has a more round croup), also the Hartmann has a more donkey shaped forehead which I tried to avoid.

Sumarizing, I know stripes are not the only difference between the zebra species, from nostril to tail there are subtle differences wich I found difficult to represent in this figurine because of the action and movement of the pose. I have a bunch of ref photos from different angles in rorder to make them fit the specie I want, even for shapes and stripes.

I think You did amazing work Silvia. These action poses are way more difficult than standing. This is scene with stunning action and with lot of realism. Miniature differences in ears size are not crucial for the work quality. And I would not notice the thing with ears. Anyway it's so wonderful You put additional effort now to correct this Cool Keep doing the GREAT work Silvia, I admire Your wonderful animal figures with so much action in them Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)):

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Zebra stallions battle!   Zebra stallions battle! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 2:48 pm

They are gorgeous! I love the pose! I cant wait to see them painted as well! Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Zebra stallions battle!   Zebra stallions battle! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 3:45 pm

Thank you very much Robert, Ana and Kelsey :)

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Dorkan

Dorkan

Country/State : Poland-Trzebinia /France-Salvizinet

PostSubject: Re: Zebra stallions battle!   Zebra stallions battle! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 5:28 pm

SyLoBe wrote:
Thank you Martin :)

Dorkan wrote:
SyLoBe wrote:
Thank you my friends :)

I think it´s called so in English... Cape Mountain zebra.Equus zebra zebra.

The shape of the zebra does not fit the Mountain Zebra Species ! Evil or Very Mad
Aspect has only to Plains Zebra ,
I'm disappointed!, It has no shape Hartmanns or Cape Mountain Zebra .. No I'm sorry, but really you made ​​a mistake ... sorry ... pale
Look at the shape of the ears Plains zebra and the Hartmanns or Cape Zebra, you see the difference in zebras ears and the shape of the bearing ?

Study books and photos, as species of zebra, not only differ stripe design ... study ..sorry

Besides, if you mean the Cape Mountain Zebra, this species does not have such a large mane.
I suspect that there You looking for modeling photo in Cape zebra, only to Hartmann's Zebra ...
Look at the pictures on the internet, I really know from experience that the Cape species-very small mane, and you've done so much as it is seen in Hartmanns Mountain Zebra, messed up these two species ...
Watch out for painting of stripes, because these two species are also somewhat different arrangement of stripes on the rump and back, I have to see the end result, because it is not, unfortunately, Equus zebra zebra ... I think that it certainly is a species: Equus Zebra Hartmannae.

Best, sunny

There´s no need of being so rude. I accept criticism but well said. Please, be a bit more polite nex time.

I see the ears are too short (working on them to fix them now) but I can´t see big differences on the anatomy. In fact I used photos as reference. I would have loved my zebras to be perfect, but the pose was really difficult and did my best. I tried to show the more angled Cape´s croup (Hartmann has a more round croup), also the Hartmann has a more donkey shaped forehead which I tried to avoid.

Sumarizing, I know stripes are not the only difference between the zebra species, from nostril to tail there are subtle differences wich I found difficult to represent in this figurine because of the action and movement of the pose. I have a bunch of ref photos from different angles in rorder to make them fit the specie I want, even for shapes and stripes.

I'm not rude, but I was very nervous as someone like you who has a wonderful talent for carving makes this one, but a very big mistake.
I would never do such sculpt a beautiful model of zebra, but advise you run on the large ears !
..besides, I disagree with you that there is no significant difference in the anatomy of different species of zebra, each species has a very different shape of the ears, tail length and size of the mane Wink

Best, sunny
Back to top Go down
Dorkan

Dorkan

PostSubject: Re: Zebra stallions battle!   Zebra stallions battle! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 5:33 pm

Ana wrote:
SyLoBe wrote:

SyLoBe wrote:

I think You did amazing work Silvia. These action poses are way more difficult than standing. This is scene with stunning action and with lot of realism. Miniature differences in ears size are not crucial for the work quality. And I would not notice the thing with ears. Anyway it's so wonderful You put additional effort now to correct this Cool Keep doing the GREAT work Silvia, I admire Your wonderful animal figures with so much action in them Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)):

Ana,
according to you, ears of the Mountain Zebra are don't difference to the Plains Zebra? Neutral
It's like You said, that the donkey is the same as mule... Mad
Really, if someone has a talent for sculpting in such detail, it should look at every detail!
How to look like a donkey with a horse ears. that would be terrible .....
This is the same with zebras ... sorry Silva ...
Back to top Go down
Dorkan

Dorkan

PostSubject: Re: Zebra stallions battle!   Zebra stallions battle! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 5:56 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
SyLoBe wrote:

Don't worry Silvia, you could always take some lesson from him... https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t8628-my-new-custom-animal-species

You are insolent ! Evil or Very Mad .
I do not model figures for several years, only a year, so my results are poor.
and ...I'm sorry for your honesty to your person Twisted Evil ..

All the best , sunny
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Zebra stallions battle!   Zebra stallions battle! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 6:02 pm

Dorkan wrote:
Ana wrote:
SyLoBe wrote:

SyLoBe wrote:

Ana,
according to you, ears of the Mountain Zebra are don't difference to the Plains Zebra? Neutral
Really, if someone has a talent for sculpting in such detail, it should look at every detail!

D. I may understand Your emotions as You are zebra lover so You know them better. :) But could You tell me which tapir species has biggest ears or which owls species has longest tail? It's not so common knowledge I think and this about zebras is also not so common. Of course now I can do some more research and learn something new about differences between zebras subspecies but no one is born with such info in head scratch I think You could teach us all about this but with less nervous way of writing, then we all will be pleased...

Back to top Go down
Dorkan

Dorkan

PostSubject: Re: Zebra stallions battle!   Zebra stallions battle! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 6:08 pm

Ana wrote:
Dorkan wrote:
Ana wrote:
SyLoBe wrote:

SyLoBe wrote:

Ana,

D. I may understand Your emotions as You are zebra lover so You know them better. :) But could You tell me which tapir species has biggest ears or which owls species has longest tail? It's not so common knowledge I think and this about zebras is also not so common. Of course now I can do some more research and learn something new about differences between zebras subspecies but no one is born with such info in head scratch I think You could teach us all about this but with less nervous way of writing, then we all will be pleased...

Silvia has a great talent for carving, just like you, so it should not make that mistake again, as in the short ears in these zebras.

I think the writing style is cerebral enough admissible,
and I see no reason to reproach me,
criticism makes you better results.

I hope to it will be large ears, well, the rest is great,
...I just do not fit in the this zebras ears. ...

and I do not call the "D".
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Zebra stallions battle!   Zebra stallions battle! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 6:22 pm

Sorry for the "D." Dorkan, that was just to write faster, not to offense You. I apologize if You felt bad with this.

It's true the criticism is the good thing, and it's true it help in sculpting better. However I do feel it would be good if we don't use that much nerves in this discussion. I also don't like this " Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil " emoticons used against my friends. This forum is, and please let it stay peaceful place, people can say a lot but the way they say it, is quite important. Cool

Last edited by Ana on Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Zebra stallions battle!   Zebra stallions battle! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 6:23 pm

Come ooooon you guys Rolling Eyes I understand your points (and I´m a huuuge zebra fan) but... ears or not... what about those amazing muscles? It is amazing how Silvia made ​​the whole body constitution. Likewise fighting pose is fantastic ... mane ... tail ... faces! The ears are really such a problem? scratch scratch

ONCE AGAIN SILVIA... AMAZING!!! bounce bounce cheers

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Dorkan

Dorkan

PostSubject: Re: Zebra stallions battle!   Zebra stallions battle! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 6:28 pm

MartinH wrote:
Come ooooon you guys Rolling Eyes I understand your points (and I´m a huuuge zebra fan) but... ears or not... what about those amazing muscles? It is amazing how Silvia made ​​the whole body constitution. Likewise fighting pose is fantastic ... mane ... tail ... faces! The ears are really such a problem? scratch scratch

ONCE AGAIN SILVIA... AMAZING!!! bounce bounce cheers

hmmm...I will not have to speak, because I see that You and others people in the this forum are in charge only of the animal body,
and You and others do not care about the details... No
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: Zebra stallions battle!   Zebra stallions battle! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 6:34 pm

Ofcourse we care about details :) That´s why we customise our models or create new ones. You have the desire to improve in the future too. But I think the point is that Silvia has created a truly unique model of zebras, and few of us are focused mainly on the size of the ears. That´s all for me :)

Dorkan

Dorkan

PostSubject: Re: Zebra stallions battle!   Zebra stallions battle! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 6:37 pm

MartinH wrote:
Ofcourse we care about details :) That´s why we customise our models or create new ones. You have the desire to improve in the future too. But I think the point is that Silvia has created a truly unique model of zebras, and few of us are focused mainly on the size of the ears. That´s all for me :)

But I think that the model made ​​by Silvia is wonderful! !!
and I would never , do such a beautiful model of a zebra.
Just offended me that ears are too short. so much
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: Zebra stallions battle!   Zebra stallions battle! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 6:39 pm

Dorkan wrote:
MartinH wrote:

But I think that the model made ​​by Silvia is wonderful! !!
and I would never , do such a beautiful model of a zebra.
Just offended me that ears are too short. so much

OK :) I understand :)

Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Zebra stallions battle!   Zebra stallions battle! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 3:44 pm

Shocked i can see i'm going to have to take a trip to northern California to see these in person! as gorgeous as they are in photos, they must be mind-blowing in person!!! i can't wait to see them painted! Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)):

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: Zebra stallions battle!   Zebra stallions battle! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 10:41 pm

Dorkan, please, PLEASE, don´t write again in any of my sculptures. I don´t want your opinion. You talk like if you were an expert sculptor, and let me tell you my figurines were much better than your newest ones when I had been sculpting for only half a year. And yes, you´re rude, very rude. I think I have read enough from you now. Maybe you should tell your parents to teach you how to be polite.

Seriosly, I ask you not to give opinion about my figurines, drawings, sculptures and so on again unless you have something polite to say, even the criticism. It seems you only know how to give negative criticism instead of constructive one. Ask your parents to teach you the difference, too.

Oh, and I don´t carve. I sculpt. These are different things.

--------

Thank you so much for the rest of you! The fixed ears are ready now so I will paint them during this week I hope :) Can´t wait to sit and start the paintjob ^^

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Zebra stallions battle!   Zebra stallions battle! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 10:54 pm

Silvia, I'm really looking forward to seeing the sculpture painted! Please post pictures of that as you make progress. The piece is just fantastic and it's really a pleasure to see your work at different stages. Thank you so much for sharing with us!

Back to top Go down
Dorkan

Dorkan

PostSubject: Re: Zebra stallions battle!   Zebra stallions battle! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 6:58 am

SyLoBe wrote:
Dorkan, please, PLEASE, don´t write again in any of my sculptures. I don´t want your opinion. You talk like if you were an expert sculptor, and let me tell you my figurines were much better than your newest ones when I had been sculpting for only half a year. And yes, you´re rude, very rude. I think I have read enough from you now. Maybe you should tell your parents to teach you how to be polite.

Seriosly, I ask you not to give opinion about my figurines, drawings, sculptures and so on again unless you have something polite to say, even the criticism. It seems you only know how to give negative criticism instead of constructive one. Ask your parents to teach you the difference, too.

--------

Thank you so much for the rest of you! The fixed ears are ready now so I will paint them during this week I hope :) Can´t wait to sit and start the paintjob ^^

What ?!? question question question

I admire your work, and you have a great talent ,
as I say, I will never do such a beautiful zebra like you did ... No
but you should pay attention to the details when you have such a great talent. Rolling Eyes
That's all Neutral ...

and You do not mess my parents to how I'll behave Ok? ..thanks.
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Zebra stallions battle!   Zebra stallions battle! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 8:51 am

Dorkan wrote:
SyLoBe wrote:

--------

What ?!? question question question

I admire your work, and you have a great talent ,
as I say, I will never do such a beautiful zebra like you did ... No
but you should pay attention to the details when you have such a great talent. Rolling Eyes
That's all Neutral ...

and You do not mess my parents to how I'll behave Ok? ..thanks.

Dorkan, Silvia has asked that you do not comment on her threads. I think it would be wise to respect her wishes. This has gotten a bit out of hand. Whether or not you meant to be rude, you have indeed come across as rude. At this point, the most sensible and dignified course of action would be to stop commenting on her threads and move forward. No one will think ill of you for doing this; I think most of us would respect it. But ignoring her request, and commenting yet again, this seems like a bad idea. My suggestion is that you just erase your last comment and recuse yourself from this particular conversation.

Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Zebra stallions battle!   Zebra stallions battle! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 3:37 pm

scot(t) wrote:
Dorkan, Silvia has asked that you do not comment on her threads. I think it would be wise to respect her wishes. This has gotten a bit out of hand. Whether or not you meant to be rude, you have indeed come across as rude. At this point, the most sensible and dignified course of action would be to stop commenting on her threads and move forward. No one will think ill of you for doing this; I think most of us would respect it. But ignoring her request, and commenting yet again, this seems like a bad idea. My suggestion is that you just erase your last comment and recuse yourself from this particular conversation.

I have emailed Silvia my thoughts and I agree with you Scot(t), if her wish is for Dorkan not to comment then please respect her wishes. One thing to remember is that these figures were done for ME and I am the only one who has to be happy with them, to me they are fantastic sculptures and I am putting up a corner unit with 4 shelves for mini scenes of my favorite figures, these will have a shelf of their own. I love zebras, for those of you who know me or follow some of my posts know that I have a small herd of live plains zebra as "pets" and these two figures are so beautiful that I did not even notice the appearance was more like a plains zebra then a mountain zebra, the action and expression is what I see and the added dewlap and stripe pattern will identify them for any who wonder what species they represent!

If you aren't happy with them that is too bad for you, don't look at them, they will soon be on my diorama for those of you who love them and want to see more pictures!!!
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: Zebra stallions battle!   Zebra stallions battle! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 4:25 pm

so, can I ask the question some people are thinking--Will you be making molds/multiples of these wonderful stallions????? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Zebra stallions battle!   Zebra stallions battle! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 5:24 pm

Silvia, congratulations on the AMAZING sculpture. I think that everything is perfect. Keep up the great work. cheers
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: Zebra stallions battle!   Zebra stallions battle! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 4:17 pm

Thank you my friends! Tehy are on the paintint table now :)

I´m sorry, but no, I´m not going to do copies of this figurine. It has lots of angles, surfaces, and tiny details I don´t want to ruin, my skills doing molds are not good enough for making a mold of this one. I really feel it´s too complicated for me. The antelope was much less difficult and I have my problems making the copies! So this figurine will be one of those famous OOAK Very Happy

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Zebra stallions battle!   Zebra stallions battle! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 7:25 pm

This is a picture of me. With zebra. I also love them. But the legs are a little too short. and something's missing,...Untalented Kaiyodo sculptors!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]I hope there will be a sculpt by silvia of two fighting Takhi-stallions one day!

Dorkan

Dorkan

PostSubject: Re: Zebra stallions battle!   Zebra stallions battle! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 3:31 pm

PeGe wrote:
This is a picture of me. With zebra. I also love them. But the legs are a little too short. and something's missing,...Untalented Kaiyodo sculptors!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]I hope there will be a sculpt by silvia of two fighting Takhi-stallions one day!

It does not have to be a zebra. This may be a leg of okapi or African Wild Donkey Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zebra stallions battle!   Zebra stallions battle! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Zebra stallions battle!
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next