Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Where do you buy?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
chriskng

Country/State : CA/USA

Where do you buy? Empty
PostSubject: Where do you buy?   Where do you buy? EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 4:00 am

Hey guys

New to the forum and got bore one day and was looking at stuff animals for my cousin and then I stumbled upon animal figures. I had those cheaply made miniature animal figures you buy at those 99 cents stores as a child and I remember most figures couldn't even stand up straight especially the giraffe. I think that was the last time I ever bought animal figures. Well enough about my lame history, my question for you guys is where is the cheapest place to buy these figures (all six major brand) and do these often go on sale?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

Where do you buy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy?   Where do you buy? EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 4:07 am

Hello and welcome here! The best website I have come across by far is HappyHen toys although they only offer a few Safari ltd figures and have a wide selection of Schleich and Papo figures. The have reasonable prices for shipping and for the figures. Very Happy

Here's the link: http://www.happyhentoys.com/

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Where do you buy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy?   Where do you buy? EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 9:08 am

Hello, chriskng , wellcome here Very Happy 

Another possibility is to go on Ebay.com .
If you don`t mind that they are not brand new, you can sometimes find large lots , and - if you are lucky- at very reasonable prices. Garage sales may also be possible scratch 

Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

Where do you buy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy?   Where do you buy? EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 9:17 am

The best site is H and H winners' circle in America.
Back to top Go down
http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Where do you buy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy?   Where do you buy? EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 9:28 am

Welcome here sunny sunny 

tapirback.com or tgf-toys .com sunny 

Country/State : indonesia

Where do you buy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy?   Where do you buy? EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 10:29 am

Welcome here!
You can try TGF Toys.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Where do you buy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy?   Where do you buy? EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 12:03 pm

Welcome Chris! Very Happy
I think the suggestion of TGF Toys is good once they sell all 6 brands. http://www.tgftoys.com

Where do you buy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy?   Where do you buy? EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 9:54 pm

I went to Toys'rus just to check out Schleich figures and it was next to Michael art & craft store and they had Safari ltd figures but I can't find any non-fantasy Papo figures?  I'm very interested to see up close what Papo wildlife and prehistoric/dinosaurs figures look like but Papo does not have a website so I can't search for retail store that way.  I live in CA/USA so do you guys have any suggestion for retail store that sell Papo figures?

Websites pictures don't do these figure justice.  I thought the American Buffalo by Safari LTD wasn't that great looking online but when I got to hold the figures in my hand, it look much better than online.

I still think these figures are really pricy, and I can understand big figures like the African Elephant is decency price but a lion which is half it size is the same price.  I would hope it was base on size of the figures not the popularity that determined the price.  

Thanks for all those suggestion, I'll be spending hours checking them out!Laughing cheers affraid

Edit:  Do you guys find the price of these figures expensive?
Edit:  HappyHenToys - need to buy over $79 for free shipping....more expensive than Amazon? Amazon is free shipping and no tax
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

Country/State : United States

Where do you buy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy?   Where do you buy? EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 12:08 am

Hello,

I try to buy in stores when I can, but not every store where I live carries all six brands Neutral If I have to buy online, I usually buy from H and H Winner's Circle or eBay. H and H Winner's Circle isn't too expensive, and I get my order within 3 days. eBay can be expensive, as some sellers do charge alot for shipping and the figure if it's rare. I think Toys R Us is expensive, they rarely have the figures on sale or even clearance when the figure gets retired.

Michael's gives out a 40% off any one item coupon in their sales ad that can be used on a figure, if it's not on clearance, but you can only use one coupon per transaction. Papo does have a website, but they don't have a store locator on it. If you mean California when you say CA/USA you might want to try a small toy/hobby store for Papo.

Some of the members here do "walk arounds" of the figures they have, so if you can't find the figure in stores and you want to get an idea of what it looks like, you can look under the brand's name on the forum.
Back to top Go down
chriskng

Where do you buy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy?   Where do you buy? EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 1:39 am

Hi orcagirl26

How do you know what is a good pricing for these figures since they vary so much and by brands as well. Online will always be cheaper than in store but how does one know if a price in store matches online to know if it a good deal or not. I don't have a smart phone yet so barcode scanning is not an option.

May I ask why you don't buy from Amazon since if you don't buy it directly from Amazon it usually tax free and some are free shipping as well?
Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

Where do you buy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy?   Where do you buy? EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 1:45 am

Last edited by schleich61 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
chriskng

Where do you buy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy?   Where do you buy? EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 2:49 am

Hi schleich61

I haven't seen a store that carry Bullyland, Mojo fun, and CollectA figures. I call these the other three brand since the brand that I have seen in store are Papo (but only in box set), Safari Ltd, and Schleich, so I wouldn't know which figures is retire or whether I like those figures. Due to limited money, I'm really interested in buying Papo running T-rex, Spinosaurus (does it stand), and Allosaurus along with both Safari Ltd smilodon and papo smilodon. There is just so much figures from different themes, even the dragons are so beautiful that it is overwhelming. However I still prefer getting to hold and see in first hand in store if possible.
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

Where do you buy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy?   Where do you buy? EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 6:57 pm

Hi chriskng,

I'm really not sure what "good pricing" is for a figure, because none of the brands actually give a suggested retail price. Safari has their prices listed on their website, but I think that's just their price and not a suggested retail price. I just usually compare prices from stores, online etc. and decide which one I think is reasonable. I haven't ordered from Amazon, but I have wanted to. There is actually sales tax here where I live, because alot of the stores around here were complaining that no one was buying anything in their stores but rather going online because there was no sales tax.

@chriskng wrote:
Hi orcagirl26

How do you know what is a good pricing for these figures since they vary so much and by brands as well.  Online will always be cheaper than in store but how does one know if a price in store matches online to know if it a good deal or not.  I don't have a smart phone yet so barcode scanning is not an option.  

May I ask why you don't buy from Amazon since if you don't buy it directly from Amazon it usually tax free and some are free shipping as well?
Back to top Go down
chriskng

Where do you buy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy?   Where do you buy? EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 9:46 pm

Hey orcagirl26

There is no sale tax even in a state that is tax "IF" you don't buy directly from Amazon but from other merchants on Amazon. Does that make sense?
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

Where do you buy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy?   Where do you buy? EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 9:56 pm

Hi chriskng,

Yes, that makes sense. When I was looking around Amazon, I did I notice there were other sellers who sell on Amazon. I still thought that there would still be sales tax though. With Amazon, you don't get free shipping on one item, you have to spend $25 which is better than some places.

@chriskng wrote:
Hey orcagirl26

There is no sale tax even in a state that is tax "IF" you don't buy directly from Amazon but from other merchants on Amazon.  Does that make sense?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Where do you buy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy?   Where do you buy? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where do you buy?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Collector's life-
Jump to: