Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

Nayab tiger rework - Javan Tiger - Panthera tigris sondaica

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Nayab tiger rework - Javan Tiger - Panthera tigris sondaica   Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:26 pm

A subspecies of tiger which was hunted to extinction,.....
A sad result of colonization,...Poisoned. Hunted. Some pictures and weird taxidermy remained.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by PeGe on Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: Nayab tiger rework - Javan Tiger - Panthera tigris sondaica   Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:51 pm

GREAT WORK. CONGRATS.

http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Nayab tiger rework - Javan Tiger - Panthera tigris sondaica   Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:00 pm

Beautiful work! Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Nayab tiger rework - Javan Tiger - Panthera tigris sondaica   Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:30 pm

Beautiful Work! cheers Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Nayab tiger rework - Javan Tiger - Panthera tigris sondaica   Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:51 pm

A good work of a nice subspecie:cheers: cheers 

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Nayab tiger rework - Javan Tiger - Panthera tigris sondaica   Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:23 pm

What an improvement! Loos very realistic :)

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Nayab tiger rework - Javan Tiger - Panthera tigris sondaica   Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:45 pm

That is another great performance! What your repainting did to the poor original figure! Shocked
You got the marking very nicely and you always give a realistic fur touch to your works. Very Happy
Interesting the long strips and the markings almost absent on front limbs. Face is very nice too! cat Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
NandO

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Nayab tiger rework - Javan Tiger - Panthera tigris sondaica   Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:29 am

very nice repaint PeGe..
too sad javan tiger are gone.. and they from my country Indonesia Neutral 

Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Nayab tiger rework - Javan Tiger - Panthera tigris sondaica   Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:06 am

Such a sad story, - and such a fine model you made cheers

Thenkyou for the background pictures, too sunny 

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: Nayab tiger rework - Javan Tiger - Panthera tigris sondaica   Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:10 pm

thank you!
An guess what:
tigers like the sun:

Back to top Go down
Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Nayab tiger rework - Javan Tiger - Panthera tigris sondaica   Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:00 pm

Beautiful repaint PeGe, I really like your tigers!
It is a shame that in a close future all the wild tigers may become extinct. But, well, human is actually a self-destructive species, too bad that it is also destructive to everything around as well.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Nayab tiger rework - Javan Tiger - Panthera tigris sondaica   Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:13 am

Fortunately this tiger still can enjoy the sun. sunny
I like the body shape of that figure. cat

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Nayab tiger rework - Javan Tiger - Panthera tigris sondaica   Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:15 am

Brilliant repaint Philip Applause 

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Nayab tiger rework - Javan Tiger - Panthera tigris sondaica   Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:42 pm

That is a very nice repaint. I enjoy the way you've taken the model's texture into consideration with the paint application.. The tiger's coat looks actually furry and alive now.

I wonder what is going on in the last historical photograph. Slaughter in some form, obviously, but I'm left curious about the specific configuration.

Lea K.  |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Nayab tiger rework - Javan Tiger - Panthera tigris sondaica   Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:17 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Beautiful Work! cheersVery Happy
Applause Applause cheers sunny 
Back to top Go down
PeGe

PostSubject: Re: Nayab tiger rework - Javan Tiger - Panthera tigris sondaica   Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
That is a very nice repaint. I enjoy the way you've taken the model's texture into consideration with the paint application.. The tiger's coat looks actually furry and alive now.

I wonder what is going on in the last historical photograph. Slaughter in some form, obviously, but I'm left curious about the specific configuration.
Thank you! I personally prefer my corbetti as i missed to rework the eyes of this Nayab model, which make it look like a prototype of an "asiatic" face,....
The ritual slaughter was called "Rampok Macan",something between ritual, religion, protest and amusement,...the tiger was meant to be the colonialist, accrding to some sources. Sometimes, a Banteng or Buffalo he had to fight with, was representing indonesian people.
But later Rampoks were surely more amusement for the colonialists. whenever the tiger tried to escape, a lance hit it,....[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Here the tiger from above, getting wounded:

Last edited by PeGe on Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Nayab tiger rework - Javan Tiger - Panthera tigris sondaica   Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:47 pm

That's quite interesting - thank you for the extra info! I can kind of see where they might have been coming from, but still the bright idea of protesting a foreign (human) oppressor of a land by staging events of wholesale slaughter of indigenous (non-human) animals of said land seems deliciously/depressingly backwards from where I'm stood.

Lea K.  |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Nayab tiger rework - Javan Tiger - Panthera tigris sondaica   Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:35 pm

Tigers like the sun indeed, also the water.
Don't think this one would like the water...

Beautiful transformation.

Back to top Go down
http://night-lioness.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nayab tiger rework - Javan Tiger - Panthera tigris sondaica   Today at 12:34 pm

Back to top Go down

Nayab tiger rework - Javan Tiger - Panthera tigris sondaica
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1