Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

sunny Please bring your suggestions for the SUY of June CLICK here sunny

Share | 

The mysterious swedish brand Berico - the flock version

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lennart

Country/State : Sweden

PostSubject: The mysterious swedish brand Berico - the flock version   Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:16 pm

Hi!

A friend of mine found in a fleamarket in a small Swedish town what was left of a closed toyshop and bought a plastic bag of animals for me. He knows a bit what I have but is not an expert. Anyway among the lot, mainly Britains and bad Hong-kong was a collection of the mysterious brand Berico.
As I have written before I'm pretty sure it was Swedish, their animals was on sale in Sweden in the 50- and 60-ts.
I have a lot of them but this lot was special.
They were all coated in flock (floss??) I'm not sure of the correct english word for this material but it the same models as I have before but with soft layers of "fur". (A bit strange with the birds...)
I hope You see something on the pictures, Anyway i have only posted wild animals and plastic bags with animals before so here You can see about half of their animals anyway. The horse in the back is not coated and not even painted.
/Lennart
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The mysterious swedish brand Berico - the flock version   Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:28 pm

Congratulations for this rare catch:cheers: cheers cheers 

Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The mysterious swedish brand Berico - the flock version   Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:30 pm

What a FABULOUS find cheers 

Congratulations, Lennard Applause 

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The mysterious swedish brand Berico - the flock version   Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:56 pm

Congrats on your rare find!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: The mysterious swedish brand Berico - the flock version   Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:55 pm

Very interesting, they look a lot like Britains.

Yes, in English this is called flock, flocking, flocked. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The texture item used would be the noun - flock, sometimes flocking
the verb is to flock, 'I am flocking this figure now'
The figure has been flocked, it is flocked

You also see it on old Timpo figures from the UK sometimes and I think Quiralu from France. There were flocked plastic figures from Hong Kong available when I was a kid in the 1970s.

Back to top Go down
http://schleich.animobil.info
animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: The mysterious swedish brand Berico - the flock version   Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:04 am

Such a rare find! Congrats! Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
Lennart

Country/State : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: The mysterious swedish brand Berico - the flock version   Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:30 pm

Thanks Tiermann for the language lesson.

They are in scale with Britains but hard plastics and before I found a good reference guide of Danish Reisler I thought they were from that company.

Berico is more clumsy, less realistic not much but a bit more toy than other companys in their range.
(Starlux, Elastolin/Hausser, Britains). More like Timpo and Cherila but made in hard plastic like Reisler.

/Lennart

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The mysterious swedish brand Berico - the flock version   

Back to top Go down

The mysterious swedish brand Berico - the flock version
Page 1 of 1