Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Manx Cat 2008 Safari Ltd Farm

Go down 
+6
Taos
landrover
widukind
Roger
animalluvr6
SUSANNE
10 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Manx Cat 2008 Safari Ltd Farm Empty
PostSubject: Manx Cat 2008 Safari Ltd Farm   Manx Cat 2008 Safari Ltd Farm EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 6:12 pm

Safari isn`t drowning us in tame cats !
Actually they only made three, and two are from the same mould : A grey Tabby and an orange Tabby cat cat cat 

So much the more wonderful is the 3rd cat : A beautyful MANX-cat cheers 
A small unpretentious figure among all the gorgeous dinos, Vanishing Wild, American wildlife etc..I think very few actually notice her What a Face 

Most of us know that the Manx lacks most or all of the tail.
But his build is also unusual. The hind legs are long and powerful, and the head is round.
The owners of a Manx tell, that it is more like having a dog in the house, than a cat Shocked 
They are curious, active, and very playful..almost like most Oriental cats ( the latter my comment), but not nearly as noisy Laughing Laughing 

So I decided to make a little walkaround of this unusual model that really, really has grown on me cheers 

Manx enjoying the evening sun together with the lovely tri-colour Schleich Kitty sunny 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Isn`t that a cutie ? cat drunken 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Manx Cat 2008 Safari Ltd Farm   Manx Cat 2008 Safari Ltd Farm EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 6:35 pm

She's adorable! Congrats! Indeed, Manx cats are like dogs, they are one of my favorite breeds of cats, they're so fun! Very Happy I love you cat

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Manx Cat 2008 Safari Ltd Farm   Manx Cat 2008 Safari Ltd Farm EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 7:05 pm

Susanne, cats are not easy to do im toy shape but with these sharp pictures I have to agree that Safari performed a very good work. It must be a way to persuade the brand to stop marking their wonderful figures with these invasive numbers. Nevertheless, the figure is wonderful! flower

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Manx Cat 2008 Safari Ltd Farm   Manx Cat 2008 Safari Ltd Farm EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 8:10 pm

Thanks, Kelsey and Croger Very Happy 

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Manx Cat 2008 Safari Ltd Farm   Manx Cat 2008 Safari Ltd Farm EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 10:45 pm

A beautieful cat Susanne cheers cheers cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Manx Cat 2008 Safari Ltd Farm   Manx Cat 2008 Safari Ltd Farm EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 3:40 am

lovely cat and great adquisition.Applause Applause Applause Applause 

I would like that numbers printed be below figure

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Manx Cat 2008 Safari Ltd Farm   Manx Cat 2008 Safari Ltd Farm EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 8:12 am

Tkanks Andreas and Fernando Very Happy 

landrover wrote:

I would like that numbers printed be below figure
Yes !!!!!!! They do that all the time ! Isn`t it irritating ? Mad 

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Manx Cat 2008 Safari Ltd Farm   Manx Cat 2008 Safari Ltd Farm EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 9:45 am

This is a great model-I have it myself-would be great if they did it in a few different colours-an easy way to make money!!:) :) 
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Manx Cat 2008 Safari Ltd Farm   Manx Cat 2008 Safari Ltd Farm EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 11:40 am

Taos wrote:
This is a great model-I have it myself-would be great if they did it in a few different colours-an easy way to make money!!:) :) 
Yes! Yes ! cheers 

Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Manx Cat 2008 Safari Ltd Farm   Manx Cat 2008 Safari Ltd Farm EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 12:12 pm

so cute, is a new one? scratch  why he hasn't got tail Suspect 

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Manx Cat 2008 Safari Ltd Farm   Manx Cat 2008 Safari Ltd Farm EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 2:26 pm

Álvaro/schleich wrote:
so cute, is a new one? scratch  why he hasn't got tail Suspect 
This model is marked 2007, but it seems nobody really noticed him Shocked 

One of the most well known features of the Manx cat is the lack of tail Very Happy

Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Manx Cat 2008 Safari Ltd Farm   Manx Cat 2008 Safari Ltd Farm EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 9:07 pm

Wonderful newcomer, indeed the Manx cats are special, and this one is a very cute sample! I just wish Safari wouldn't sabotage their models with the numbers. They could just do like Schleich. Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Manx Cat 2008 Safari Ltd Farm   Manx Cat 2008 Safari Ltd Farm EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 8:35 pm

Very nice cat. I used to have a cat with a shortened manx tail. The vet said that is it the same thing that causes it as spina bifida in humans, only because they have more vertebrae with the tail it doesn't cause them the problems it does humans.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Manx Cat 2008 Safari Ltd Farm   Manx Cat 2008 Safari Ltd Farm EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 11:06 pm

I wish I had gotten that cat when I had the chance, now I can't find it in any of my stores. Great figure though, I only wish that Safari would be more discreet about their number things, place it on the belly than on the legs where you can see it.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manx Cat 2008 Safari Ltd Farm   Manx Cat 2008 Safari Ltd Farm Empty

Back to top Go down

Manx Cat 2008 Safari Ltd Farm
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Safari Ltd. :: Safari Ltd walkarounds and reviews-
Jump to: