Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

how do you decide?

Go down 
+8
schleich61
SUSANNE
Elros Alvar
Carola
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
AlopexLagopus
CilleDK
12 posters
AuthorMessage
CilleDK

CilleDK

Country/State : Denmark

how do you decide? Empty
PostSubject: how do you decide?   how do you decide? EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 5:19 pm

I have a question to you that collect more than one brand.

How do you decide it? what made you do it?

I can't get myself to buy other than schleich figures, it's like, when i try to ask myself why I don't collect ex. collecta horses, my head burns down lol. Laughing 

I have almost bought all the 2013 figures now and I have a lot of the horses and dogs from the stores. But I still want to buy more.

Im looking a bit on the elfes (spelled?) but I'm not sure I completly like them yet.

Back to top Go down
AlopexLagopus

AlopexLagopus

Country/State : italy

how do you decide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: how do you decide?   how do you decide? EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 6:57 pm

Because they are beautiful! *_* And I like to see the differences between different brands. When I see a new fox I don't have, for example, I star drooling...

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

how do you decide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: how do you decide?   how do you decide? EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 7:19 pm

I feel that every brand has something else to offer. Depending on their particular sculptor, each figure has its own personality, I decide whether or not I like it enough to add it to my collection. I recommend trying out a few figures, and seeing if you like them. There are a million and one reasons to not like a brand, its plastic is weird to you, its not accurate enough, etc. but there are just as many reasons to love it too.

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

how do you decide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: how do you decide?   how do you decide? EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 7:36 pm

I started my collections as child. We had here only VEB Plaho and they havent so much different animals. But i played as child often zoo and so i wanted species. Later on flea markets or shops (called intershops for valuta) you find some other figurines. And than, as the GDR was history we had here also Schleich , AAA and all the Fremdserie. So it was not a decision, it was a way Very Happy Very Happy 

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

how do you decide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: how do you decide?   how do you decide? EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 9:30 pm

I also first only had Schleich, but that was because they we the only ones I could find in stores. Then by accident(good accident) I found some Papo and CollectA, and I thought of them as just as good as Schleich.

Personally I collect any model, no matterr the brand, as long as I like it.

But flirting with brands other than your primary, I do recommend Wink 
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

how do you decide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: how do you decide?   how do you decide? EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 9:47 pm

Lol I also collect Schleich most..the figure must be awesome for be in my house with the schleich figures.Laughing Laughing 

The elves are beautifull for me, when  was young and I shaw them in the cataloge I was like that are for big persons, look at the details..lol!  Now I like them too but are so Razz

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/125764988@N04/
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

how do you decide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: how do you decide?   how do you decide? EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 11:40 pm

Like Andreas I collected as a child...it was the Plahos of Denmark : Reisler Laughing 
Like Carola I began collecting Schleich, because that was the only ones we could get at that time.
My son showed me a Danish Auktion site, and I got some Bullylands and AAAs....
Then I joined the forum, and Roger gave me a Papo Polar Bear....and I was lost !

schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

how do you decide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: how do you decide?   how do you decide? EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 3:16 am

I collected Britains, Ltd. wildlife as a brand collector as a young child in the late 60's and early 70's. However, it wasn't until I was in my mid-40's before I began collecting again - Schleich this time. Then, after a few years, I decided to also collect Starlux as a brand.

On the other hand, I will purchase any figurine by any maker that I really like. My personal advice is to follow your heart and collect what you truly want, whether as a brand collector, a species collector, or as someone who collects on an ad hoc basis.
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Maja-Maus

Maja-Maus

how do you decide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: how do you decide?   how do you decide? EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 1:55 am

CilleDK wrote:

I can't get myself to buy other than schleich figures, it's like, when i try to ask myself why I don't collect ex. collecta horses, my head burns down lol. Laughing 

I have almost bought all the 2013 figures now and I have a lot of the horses and dogs from the stores. But I still want to buy more.

Im looking a bit on the elfes (spelled?) but I'm not sure I completly like them yet.

Well, when I started to collect last year, I just wanted to collect Schleich. I said "I will collect all cats and big cats from Schleich, that's enough". I always see models that I like, and maybe don't collect, and I can't stop myself from buying them cheers 
So now I'm collecting all Schleich animals (without Horses and cows) and cats and big cats from Bullyland Papo, Safari and so on. When I see a model that is really beautiful, I don't care about the brand :) especially cats and big cats...I just love these beautiful animals. I try to concentrate on Schleich, but at the moment I buy more Bullyland than Schleich Shocked A Collector's life is just so hard Wink 
Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

how do you decide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: how do you decide?   how do you decide? EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 3:20 am

Maja-Maus wrote:
CilleDK wrote:

Well, when I started to collect last year, I just wanted to collect Schleich. I said "I will collect all cats and big cats from Schleich, that's enough". I always see models that I like, and maybe don't collect, and I can't stop myself from buying them cheers 
So now I'm collecting all Schleich animals (without Horses and cows) and cats and big cats from Bullyland Papo, Safari and so on. When I see a model that is really beautiful, I don't care about the brand :)especially cats and big cats...I just love these beautiful animals. I try to concentrate on Schleich, but at the moment I buy more Bullyland than Schleich Shocked A Collector's life is just so hard Wink 
In military parlance, I believe this is referred to as "mission creep..." :) 
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

how do you decide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: how do you decide?   how do you decide? EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 7:49 pm

First I was like you, only Schleich. I considered myself as a traitor if I would buy other brands.
But when I got older I enjoyed seeing other brands, unique models, and different animals. My first none Schleich was a Papo wolf and a lioness. I loved the anatomy and the face expressions and than I looked at other nice none Schleich models XD

I do not buy them all, even from Schleich I don't buy all animals. I only buy animals that I really like and are anatomical correct, I'm so picky o.0 But I have Bully Land, Papo, CollectA and Safari LTD animals now. Not much, but they are beautiful <3 One tip, try to find models in real life and not from Internet, if you want to try new ones. You can hold the animals and look at them. It is a big difference I think Wink Good luck with the decision!! :)

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

how do you decide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: how do you decide?   how do you decide? EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 9:47 pm

NightLioness wrote:
...... One tip, try to find models in real life and not from Internet, if you want to try new ones. You can hold the animals and look at them. It is a big difference I think ;)Good luck with the decision!! :)
I am sure you are right. But in Denmark ( or the part of Denmark, where I live) we can choose between Schleich , Schleich, Schleich and Schleich Rolling Eyes 
And even those are usually completely spoiled and rubbed from greedy little hands in the shop What a Face 

But getting a parcel is not bad either Laughing 

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

how do you decide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: how do you decide?   how do you decide? EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 10:23 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
NightLioness wrote:
...... One tip, try to find models in real life and not from Internet, if you want to try new ones. You can hold the animals and look at them. It is a big difference I think ;)Good luck with the decision!! :)
I am sure you are right. But in Denmark ( or the part of Denmark, where I live) we can choose between Schleich , Schleich, Schleich and Schleich Rolling Eyes 
And even those are usually completely spoiled and rubbed from greedy little hands in the shop What a Face 

But getting a parcel is not bad either Laughing 
You got a very good point there! I can choose between Schleich and Papo, and indeed most of them are spoiled by hands and are rumbled up in their showcases... But if you have to make a choice and you have the luxury of multiple bands, than that is a better option i think :)

Partials are fun! Always a big surprise and you can see me running around in joy lol XD

Country/State : United States

how do you decide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: how do you decide?   how do you decide? EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 11:16 pm

I collect different brands either because I like certain types of animals made by one brand better than another, or I think that both (or more) brands make a certain type of animal beautifully, and can't choose just one! I'm not one of the "must have them all" collectors; as I have limited space, I only buy animals that I like very much, and sometimes those animals happen to be made by different companies. :)
Back to top Go down
Maja-Maus

Maja-Maus

how do you decide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: how do you decide?   how do you decide? EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 6:45 pm

First I only collect schleichh too. First only cats and big cats. Faster than i could look, other Schleich animals too. But cats are my love and have always been. So I was looking for other cats from other brands. Now I have Bullyland, Papo, Safari CollectA and some no name. Now is starting the same with the big cats. I found some old schleich figures and got very cheap a lion from Papo with them. So i found out that i really love these big cats from Papo und Safari has some nice figures too. And I'm sure more brands will follow :)

Country/State : AZ USA

how do you decide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: how do you decide?   how do you decide? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 2:58 am

I collect whatever catches my eye. My main toy store mostly has Papo so I'm kind of limited. I can usually get Schleich or Safari LTD at the zoo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

how do you decide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: how do you decide?   how do you decide? Empty

Back to top Go down

how do you decide?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Collector's life-
Jump to: