Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Help identifying my Animals :)

Go down 
+15
Birdsage
WhiteLightning Wolf
Sander46
Advicot
Pardofelis
bmathison1972
Kikimalou
Jennypurr
koniminiatures
AlopexLagopus
Bloodrayne
Tiermann
SUSANNE
widukind
Duck-Anch-Amun
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

Help identifying my Animals :) Empty
PostSubject: Help identifying my Animals :)   Help identifying my Animals :) EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 3:22 pm

Hi everybody :)
There are a lot of mysterious in our little animal collector community, are there brands that we never heard about it or animals that we never had seen before Wink
I have the problem with some of my figures, that I don't know which species they represent.
Other figures aren't such beautiful or I already have them in my collection...and there is the possibility to repaint them :DAnd I saw here in the forum some good painters with creative ideas, su you might give me suggestions in which species I could paint some of my animals :)

Which Species is this bat?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And this birds?

1. Seychelles paradise flycatcher (Thanks to koniminiatures)
2. Belted Kingfisher (Thanks to Bloodrayne)
3. Blue Heron
4. Crested Lark
5. Gray Go-away Bird
6. Scissor-tailed flycatcher

1. Water Buck
2. Mountain Nyala
3. Impala
4. Goat --> name of the domestic breed

1. White-Noised Coati (Thanks to AlopexLagopus)
2. Marder or Civet, but which species
3. Wolverine --> will transform it into a grison
4. Marder or Civet
5. Red Panda --> will transform it into a ring-tailed cat
6. will transform it into an aguti
7. fox --> will color it

Last edited by Duck-Anch-Amun on Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:31 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Help identifying my Animals :)   Help identifying my Animals :) EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 4:42 pm

I know your problem. But i think your suggestions are not so bad (most for pic 4). I would often look in my books for this old or chinese models to indentified that, but no time for that.

I know the antelope 1 is made by Manurba and Willybacoman have this in his collection. The Nayab models in pic 4 have Jean-Luc identfied and hier in the forum is a pic of the real turaco- but i cant fin it at the moment.

But what is the bird 1 ??? And the brand will be interesting (is it the same material like bird 4 (i have it too) ?). Can you share closer pics please??? And also from animal number 1 in pic 4- and if you know the brand too.sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Help identifying my Animals :)   Help identifying my Animals :) EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 4:49 pm

It will be fun to see if you can identify them all !

The bird no 3 is a Grey heron from The K & M River-set Very Happy 

It would be nice with bigger pictures of the birds, as Anderas says Wink

Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Help identifying my Animals :)   Help identifying my Animals :) EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 9:02 pm

In your last photo I have 4 down as an Otter Civet and 6 as a wombat - they are both from the Nayab small animals series

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Duck-Anch-Amun

PostSubject: Re: Help identifying my Animals :)   Help identifying my Animals :) EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 1:07 pm

Thanks for your help and your suggestions :)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. It's probably a wombat. But I think it looks also like a bear? Razz

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. No Problem.
Here's the Bird:

It's the same material as Number 2 and 4. But I can't find a brand, it's only marked as Made in Hong Kong.

The Mammal Number 1 in Picture 4 is marked as Made in China...no brand. It's hard plastic and can be compared to Nayab-Figures. It is a repaint and I bought it on ebay as a coati. But it looks more like a civet, martens or weasel.

Last edited by Duck-Anch-Amun on Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Help identifying my Animals :)   Help identifying my Animals :) EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 4:22 pm

Thank you, is this bird plastic??

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

PostSubject: Re: Help identifying my Animals :)   Help identifying my Animals :) EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 9:21 am

yeah all of them are plastic :)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Help identifying my Animals :)   Help identifying my Animals :) EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 10:07 am

Thank you, if you find a second bird please let know:-)

Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Help identifying my Animals :)   Help identifying my Animals :) EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 3:11 pm

Number 2 could be a belted kingfisher?
Number 4 could be a crested lark?

AlopexLagopus

Country/State : italy

PostSubject: Re: Help identifying my Animals :)   Help identifying my Animals :) EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 4:24 pm

1) White-Nosed Coati
Spoiler:

2) pine marten
Spoiler:

3) Wolverine
Spoiler:

PostSubject: Re: Help identifying my Animals :)   Help identifying my Animals :) EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 4:33 pm

Bloodrayne wrote:

Oh Very Happy Thank you!
I really think Number 2 is a belted kingfisher Very Happy It also has the same colours :)
And also Number 4 could be possible :)
Thanks Applause 

Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

PostSubject: Re: Help identifying my Animals :)   Help identifying my Animals :) EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 4:34 pm

AlopexLagopus wrote:
1) White-Nosed Coati
Spoiler:

I even didn't know that there are more coati species o.O So I think it's really a coati, but not the common one :) Many thanks :)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Help identifying my Animals :)   Help identifying my Animals :) EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 6:40 pm

Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:
Bloodrayne wrote:
Oh :DThank you!
I really think Number 2 is a belted kingfisher :DIt also has the same colours :)
And also Number 4 could be possible :)
Thanks Applause 

Thanks too:D 

Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

PostSubject: Re: Help identifying my Animals :)   Help identifying my Animals :) EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 7:55 pm

Number 6 in picture 2 is a Scissor-tailed flycatcher Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Help identifying my Animals :)   Help identifying my Animals :) EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 3:39 am

Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:
Number 6 in picture 2 is a Scissor-tailed flycatcher Very Happy
Interesting information for me too:)

Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Help identifying my Animals :)   Help identifying my Animals :) EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 5:17 am

I wonder if the black-blue bird number 1 mightn't be at least trying to represent the Seychelles paradise flycatcher (Terpsiphone corvina)?

Jennypurr

Country/State : Tennessee, USA

PostSubject: Re: Help identifying my Animals :)   Help identifying my Animals :) EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 2:53 am

Frankly, I think animal #1 in picture #4 is a triconodon:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Only real difference is the length of the tail which could be explained by whichever company's artist just decided the creature needed a longer tail.

Just my 2 cents worth...
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

PostSubject: Re: Help identifying my Animals :)   Help identifying my Animals :) EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 8:04 pm

koniminiatures wrote:
I wonder if the black-blue bird number 1 mightn't be at least trying to represent the Seychelles paradise flycatcher (Terpsiphone corvina)?

Oh yeah, that could really fit Very Happy

Jennypurr wrote:
Frankly, I think animal #1 in picture #4 is a triconodon:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Only real difference is the length of the tail which could be explained by whichever company's artist just decided the creature needed a longer tail.

Just my 2 cents worth...

Hmmm I like the idea that it is another coati species better Razz
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

PostSubject: Re: Help identifying my Animals :)   Help identifying my Animals :) EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 4:32 pm

I wanted to thank for helping to identifie some of my animals. As you can see in the updated first post, with some reasearch, we already have identified quite a lot.
Here are some more: help is needed, for the unknown in the first post and for those birds. The informations can also be used in TAI :)

The first bird was bought as a "Eremitenvogel"
Identified as hook-billed hermit (Glaucis dohrnii)

The second bird was bought as a "Weißkopfvogel", a white-headed bird.
Identified as Chestnut-cheeked starling

The last bird was labeled as "Goldfink", an american goldfinch. But the colours don´t fit.
Identified as Yellowhammer

Last edited by Duck-Anch-Amun on Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:54 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Help identifying my Animals :)   Help identifying my Animals :) EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 5:06 pm

I think with the colours in the past it could be better. But it think your suggestions are not bad. Especially i dont found anything about the Erimitenvogel but i think it could be possible :)

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Help identifying my Animals :)   Help identifying my Animals :) EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 5:15 pm

You are surely not the only one who has been wondering about these lovely, little birds from Elastolin.

I have got some of them, and hve been searching the net and  my bird-books to no avail study scratch

We see the same with the butterflies ...somebody makes a mould and perhaps some guidelines, - but then the manufacturer wants them to be more colourful or -what-do-I-know Laughing

However I got to the conclusion that it is a Yellowhammer, a bird that is often confusingly called "Gulfinke" in Danish, and perhaps also in German.
It has the crest on the head when upset, and the colour on the back was mixed it COULD be like this one  Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]photo upload sites

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Help identifying my Animals :)   Help identifying my Animals :) EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 5:18 pm

Could "Eremitenvogel" be just a Migratory bird ???? Rolling Eyes

Duck-Anch-Amun

PostSubject: Re: Help identifying my Animals :)   Help identifying my Animals :) EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 5:52 pm

Yeah I know that the colour pattern for older figurines is always very hard, but I think, that the manufacturer must have had an idea what he wanted to present...so I´m sure that there are animals that look nearly as the figurines^^

I used the website [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] which gives a lot of information about birds living in north america. Based on the colors (blue, brown, white), the second bird could be a Chestnut-cheeked Starling.
For the third bird, a yellowhammer already looks more acurate.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Help identifying my Animals :)   Help identifying my Animals :) EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 7:25 pm

I do not think they are North American birds. Elastolin was based in Germant, as far as I know Very Happy

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Help identifying my Animals :)   Help identifying my Animals :) EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 4:25 am

SUSANNE wrote:
I do not think they are North American birds. Elastolin was based in Germany, as far as I know Very Happy

Thats true but the name of that serie was "birds of the world" :)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help identifying my Animals :)   Help identifying my Animals :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Help identifying my Animals :)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next