Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

PlayVisions by Moses Verlag

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Froggie

Froggie

Country/State : Potsdam, Germany

PlayVisions by Moses Verlag Empty
PostSubject: PlayVisions by Moses Verlag   PlayVisions by Moses Verlag EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 16:59

Last year, Yvette posted a picture of a very fine flea market catch - a complete PV snakes set in a transparent plastic bag and a german listing of the single snakes (I have nicked one of her pictures here, for the post itself see [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Many months ago I found at ebay a similar plastic bag, named "Reise Korallenriff" = "Journey Coral reef" (the plastic bag resembled a small suitcase). It was a complete PV Set, too. The seller had also the above mentioned snakes and a set of polar animals in the same style. I did know it was not PV, but also nicely made (but spent all my money for the coral reef set, so let go the other ones...)

Now some weeks ago, I saw the same coral reef set animals, without package, but animals on the picture were identic with my other set. I got them really cheap, bought them just for trading. But imagine my surprise when I received a wonderful paper box with an interesting information booklet about all the species, and the animals lying softly on a bed of cuddly paper strips, incredibly lovely!

And then I remembered I had already seen such a set here: it is Susanne's fantastic [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Well of course I wanted more of those lovely sets. The backside says, there are eight in total. (The seller told me this was her only set and she bought it many years ago, probably in some zoo shop.)
But the back side also said the magical words "Moses Verlag" (and so did the plastic bag set). So my next step was writing at the Moses Verlag. They are very nice and supportive and answer very quick, but unfortunately they couldn't help me neither. The series had been produced 2000/2001 and have been retired for a very long time now. I then asked for a catalogue (to find out which animals are exactly in the Galapagos set, since this is still a bit unsure), but the oldest catalogues they found where from 2006.

Unfortunately the google words "Moses Verlag" got me only the actual products - of course. But the incantation "Moses Verlag - Nature Park" led me to a small but exquisite toy shop somewhere in the back country. They had two different sets of Nature Park left which must have been sitting on a shelf for more than ten years now - and I almost fainted, when I saw one of them was the super rare extinct animal set I have been looking for so desperately for a long time! Moses Verlag called it "Bedrohte Tierwelt" (means: "threatened", not: "extinct", it has not been translated correctly)
The second one was the polar animals set with the above mentioned no-name animals and of course I bought it, too. Maybe they have been produced by the same company that produced the extinct animals? Both are sets of nine ...

So here the pictures of my three sets, I wish I had them all - and if it was only the package (if anyone has packages + booklet, I would love to trade them, even if they are empty):

And here the back side of one of the boxes:

I will post more detail pictures here, if you are interested.
But for now this might help some people here to hunt down some of this wonderful packages.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: PlayVisions by Moses Verlag   PlayVisions by Moses Verlag EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 17:05

Very interesting story and great models! Congrats! I like the Arctic set. Smile

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: PlayVisions by Moses Verlag   PlayVisions by Moses Verlag EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 17:35

Wonderful sets, congrats:cheers: 

jhudstone

jhudstone

Country/State : USA/Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: PlayVisions by Moses Verlag   PlayVisions by Moses Verlag EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 18:14

That's interesting - I have all those sets, but the extinct and arctic animals aren't Play Visions. I wonder how they all ended up in similar packages?

Last edited by jhudstone on Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 20:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: PlayVisions by Moses Verlag   PlayVisions by Moses Verlag EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 18:31

OHHHH! What fantastic sets affraid 

I LOve them ...PV or not cheers cheers

Thankyou for all the wonderful and illustrative photoes and description !
That kind of stuff is worth gold for collectors Applause Applause 

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: PlayVisions by Moses Verlag   PlayVisions by Moses Verlag EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 20:41

I heared that before but i never know so detailed informations, thank you Beatrice sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny 

But the lemurs are not sold by them Sad Sad 

bjarki12

Country/State : From Texas, live in the UK

PostSubject: Re: PlayVisions by Moses Verlag   PlayVisions by Moses Verlag EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 21:03

Wonderful acquisitions, Froggie!  What kind of bear is that in the Extinct Animals box? Is it an atlas bear?
Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: PlayVisions by Moses Verlag   PlayVisions by Moses Verlag EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 1:42

Those are all wonderful, thanks for posting this. I love that extinct set, sigh.
It looks like we should add Moses Verlag to the Wiki along with the info here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://schleich.animobil.info
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: PlayVisions by Moses Verlag   PlayVisions by Moses Verlag EmptyFri 4 Oct 2013 - 0:07

Congratulations, very hard to get it. thanks for sharing

It is sad that play visions is gone:(  Sad 

Hurray for PLAYVISIONS

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: PlayVisions by Moses Verlag   PlayVisions by Moses Verlag EmptyFri 4 Oct 2013 - 5:35

Congratulations, very hard to get it. thanks for sharing

It is sad that play visions is gone:(  Sad 

Hurray for PLAYVISIONS

Oh yes, very very sad

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: PlayVisions by Moses Verlag   PlayVisions by Moses Verlag EmptyFri 4 Oct 2013 - 6:28

Very interesting Very Happy  Is there something, a trademark under the bellies ?

jarda

jarda

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: PlayVisions by Moses Verlag   PlayVisions by Moses Verlag EmptyFri 4 Oct 2013 - 6:42

Very interesting Very Happy  Is there something, a trademark under the bellies ?
The non-PV figures came with the animal name, figure number and China typed on the bellies, e. g. "POLAR BEAR, 3, CHINA", no further info about the manufacturer...
Back to top Go down
Froggie

Froggie

Country/State : Potsdam, Germany

PostSubject: Re: PlayVisions by Moses Verlag   PlayVisions by Moses Verlag EmptyFri 4 Oct 2013 - 7:56

The bear is an Mexican Silver Grizzly.
And I've read somewhere in this forum that the producer of the extinct animals fused later with Playvisions.

About the polar animals I have no idea about the producer; the booklet or package says nothing about it. The polar set was the very first in that "Abenteuer Nature Park" line; it seems Moses Verlag discovered Playvisions only later (that's maybe why they didn't use the PV polar set)
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: PlayVisions by Moses Verlag   PlayVisions by Moses Verlag EmptyFri 4 Oct 2013 - 18:54

About the polar animals I have no idea about the producer; the booklet or package says nothing about it. The polar set was the very first in that "Abenteuer Nature Park" line; it seems Moses Verlag discovered Playvisions only later (that's maybe why they didn't use the PV polar set)
This set was on E-Bay sold week ago as K & M or Wild Republic ones:
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: PlayVisions by Moses Verlag   PlayVisions by Moses Verlag EmptySat 5 Oct 2013 - 0:05

This set was on E-Bay sold week ago as K & M or Wild Republic ones:
From Torben , our big boss here sunny sunny sunny 

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: PlayVisions by Moses Verlag   PlayVisions by Moses Verlag EmptySat 5 Oct 2013 - 14:54

Cool down PeGe, cool down,.... I need the whole extinct set! Stelle sea cow and Cape lion are already here, Aurochs will be here soon,..but the rest,...Maybe even the Dodo although i really prefer the Safari one.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PlayVisions by Moses Verlag   PlayVisions by Moses Verlag Empty

Back to top Go down

PlayVisions by Moses Verlag
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Modern companies :: Play Visions-
Jump to: