Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Show us Yours: Flightless Birds

Go down 
+22
Pardofelis
Caracal
zirkoon
Chris Sweetman
landrover
costicuba
lucky luke
Niki2811
JonasV
NandO
Tiermann
Zelvik
Takama
bjarki12
Bloodrayne
Ana
jarda
LeeAnn
SUSANNE
Roger
widukind
SeanieP
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Show us Yours: Flightless Birds - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Flightless Birds   Show us Yours: Flightless Birds - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 02, 2022 7:31 pm

My elastolin ostrich got a friend

The one to the left is the newer one by age ( after 1940 ) but he has lived here for several years.

The one to the right is from before 1940 ! I got him two weeks ago.
He has some health problems, but when you round 80 years of age, that is normal Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Flightless Birds   Show us Yours: Flightless Birds - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 02, 2022 8:38 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
My elastolin ostrich got a friend

The one to the left is the newer one by age ( after 1940 ) but he has lived here for several years.

The one to the right is from before 1940 ! I got him two weeks ago.
He has some health problems, but when you round 80 years of age, that is normal Wink

Susanne, for their vintage these two are in remarkable condition. Great to see that your younger version has an older friend at last.

lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Flightless Birds   Show us Yours: Flightless Birds - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 02, 2022 9:06 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers queen
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Flightless Birds   Show us Yours: Flightless Birds - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 02, 2022 9:31 pm

So wonderful figures

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Flightless Birds   Show us Yours: Flightless Birds - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 02, 2022 10:31 pm

Thankyou Chris, Luc, and Andreas !
It warms my heart on an icy cold night Wink

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Flightless Birds   Show us Yours: Flightless Birds - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 02, 2022 11:29 pm

They're beautiful and it is curious that the older model has a more modern design.
The newer one is quite special with its very long neck and gracefully posed legs. Somewhat like a crane or some water long-legged bird.

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Flightless Birds   Show us Yours: Flightless Birds - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 03, 2022 10:02 am

Or just... like an ostrich :) instead all the very short-necked and short-legged ostriches that flood the toy market currently, this one is the only accuratedly proporcionated one :)

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Flightless Birds   Show us Yours: Flightless Birds - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 24, 2023 5:51 pm

newcomer

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Leoo Past

Leoo Past

Country/State : México

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Flightless Birds   Show us Yours: Flightless Birds - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 26, 2023 10:22 am

My only flightless bird that I have in my collection of zoological specimens Dodo Club Earth
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Flightless Birds   Show us Yours: Flightless Birds - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 26, 2023 11:54 am

A nice one
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Flightless Birds   Show us Yours: Flightless Birds - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2023 7:57 pm

Safari

Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Flightless Birds   Show us Yours: Flightless Birds - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 12:26 pm

Don´t know where to ask...however I want to add a new ostrich to my collection. However for the moment, only the CollectA one ist available. I was searching for some comparisons in this forum, but didn´t find something.
Does someonce has the CollectA ostrich and maybe even comparisons with other flightless birds (CollectA casuar, Papo emu,...)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Flightless Birds   Show us Yours: Flightless Birds - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 1:20 pm

Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:
Don´t know where to ask...however I want to add a new ostrich to my collection. However for the moment, only the CollectA one ist available. I was searching for some comparisons in this forum, but didn´t find something.
Does someonce has the CollectA ostrich and maybe even comparisons with other flightless birds (CollectA casuar, Papo emu,...)

Here or in the Comparison topics thread is a good place. I have the CollectA ostrich as you can see in page 1 of this topic, though, my collection was much smaller then. I have also the CollectA Cassowary and the Mojo and Southlands Emu instead of the Papo. Unfortunately, I won't be at home for a few weeks but, if nobody does it, I will try to remember. CollectA ostrich is similar in size to Schleich models.

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Flightless Birds   Show us Yours: Flightless Birds - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 2:05 pm

Roger wrote:
Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:

Here or in the Comparison topics thread is a good place. I have the CollectA ostrich as you can see in page 1 of this topic, though, my collection was much smaller then. I have also the CollectA Cassowary and the Mojo and Southlands Emu instead of the Papo. Unfortunately, I won't be at home for a few weeks but, if nobody does it, I will try to remember. CollectA ostrich is similar in size to Schleich models.

Yes, I wanted to look here, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], however this thread is strangely closed excpept for admins scratch

But no stress, I don´t find myself some time during these days Laughing But maybe you can me tell what convinced you to add the CollectA ostrich to your collection? :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Flightless Birds   Show us Yours: Flightless Birds - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 2:31 pm

Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:
Roger wrote:
Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:

Yes, I wanted to look here, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], however this thread is strangely closed excpept for admins scratch

But no stress, I don´t find myself some time during these days Laughing But maybe you can me tell what convinced you to add the CollectA ostrich to your collection? :)

That topic was in the basket, I don't know why, maybe a mistake or just because the pictures are modified. I think you can see it now.
I basically acquired the CollectA ostrich at the time for two main reasons. First, it doesn't have a base and I favored figures without base at the time, second, I was in a CollectA fever so, in case of doubt, CollectA was my choice. Laughing
There was already the Papo, Safari or the Schleich one with wings open. I like them all but I'm still happy with the CollectA model. It is not extraordinary but it is a correct figure. I think the last Schleich is very good too, I almost bought it myself. We have an ostrich crisis now.

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Flightless Birds   Show us Yours: Flightless Birds - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 23, 2023 9:37 pm

Emu is Southlands model en casowary is from Safari.
I hope this helps. sunny

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Flightless Birds   Show us Yours: Flightless Birds - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 11:12 am

cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Flightless Birds   Show us Yours: Flightless Birds - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 02, 2024 2:51 pm

Thank you everybody, I added the CollectA ostrich to my collection :)
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Flightless Birds   Show us Yours: Flightless Birds - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 02, 2024 8:47 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Flightless Birds   Show us Yours: Flightless Birds - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 12:52 pm

I know it is late but here is the picture I promised. Maybe it is helpful to someone.
CollectA ostrich, Cassowari and Mojö Fun Emu.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Flightless Birds   Show us Yours: Flightless Birds - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 5:48 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: Flightless Birds   Show us Yours: Flightless Birds - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Show us Yours: Flightless Birds
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7