Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection

Go down 
+8
Suebeedo
baltimore zoo
HKHollinstone
Gabe
Roger
SUSANNE
remowshake
Kiryuha
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection Empty
PostSubject: More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection   More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 7:59 pm

I want to share my joy with you, friends: several new Safari birds were added to my collection (thanks to Mrs. Ramona Pariente)!
Here are my newcomers:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The very best among them – a real masterpiece! – is flamingo. To my mind, it’s one of the best bird figurines of all time, and definitely the best flamingo figure I’ve ever seen.
Here it is next to its Collecta counterpart – it seems as they belong to different leagues:

View from above:

And from below:

I hope the flamingo likes his new habitat in my African shelf display:

Now I have another goal: to acquire 3 or 4 more Safari flamingoes to make up a flock. Cause these critters must be in a flock!

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
remowshake

remowshake

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection   More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 8:03 pm

Good figures and good diorama! :)

Philip afro

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection   More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 8:28 pm

Fantastic figueres, - and photoes Very Happy

I fully agree with you, Safari makes some fabulous birds, - wings of the world cheers

Thanks for sharing flower

rendeer santa
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection   More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 3:09 am

Congratulations Kiril for your nice birds!
I'm taking the same steps, I'm purchasing wings of the world too, today I've bought the mandarin and flamingo!
I have a different oppinion about flamingos, I had both in my hands but I loved more the realism of the CollectA one! Anyway I've bought only the Safari because there's many grass in the CollectA figure!
But the best choice is to have both!Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gabe

Gabe

Country/State : NY

PostSubject: Re: More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection   More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 3:43 am

Congrats Kirill, the flamingo is beautiful cat

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection   More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 8:50 am

Congratulations Kyrill! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 9:08 am

I like the Safari ltd flamingo. So far I have a flock of five : )
Back to top Go down
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection   More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 5:37 pm

Lovely, thanks for sharing. Another figure to add to my Christmas wish list! bounce

Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection   More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 6:27 pm

[quote="Kiryuha"]I want to share my joy with you, friends: several new Safari birds were added to my collection (thanks to Mrs. Ramona Pariente)!

...Fantastic birds, my friend! I want all this birds too!!! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection   More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 7:29 pm

I'm glad you like'em!
baltimore zoo wrote:
I like the Safari ltd flamingo. So far I have a flock of five : )
Oh, could you share a photo of the whole flock? I've never seen these figures in large numbers, they must be looking magnificent in a flock.

Roger wrote:
I have a different oppinion about flamingos, I had both in my hands but I loved more the realism of the CollectA one! Anyway I've bought only the Safari because there's many grass in the CollectA figure! But the best choice is to have both!Very Happy
Having different opinions is one of the coolest things in the collectors' world! Wink To my mind Safari flamingo is more delicate, just like a real bird. Don't you agree?

Sergey wrote:
...Fantastic birds, my friend! I want all this birds too!!! bounce bounce bounce bounce Laughing Laughing
Well, I'm ready to share some of them with you Wink

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection   More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 8:39 pm

Roger wrote:
I have a different oppinion about flamingos, I had both in my hands but I loved more the realism of the CollectA one! Anyway I've bought only the Safari because there's many grass in the CollectA figure! But the best choice is to have both!Very Happy
Having different opinions is one of the coolest things in the collectors' world! Wink To my mind Safari flamingo is more delicate, just like a real bird. Don't you agree?

I agree, is more delicate, but the CollectA one is from a different scale, is bigger! I undestand perfectly your point of view because are some brands unable to do delicate animals!:) 75 years without a flamingo!drunken
I will explain with your photo.. Has you see, the real flamingo is not has delicate has the Safari one, it has a more massive body, and pay attention at the point where the neck starts, almost under the body, as it happen with collectA, you have still the feathers and face! Anyway the best choice for a diorama is the Safari because is smaller and it's in grassless!Very Happy
...and you have both!

Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection   More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 8:46 pm

Roger wrote:
I will explain with your photo.. Has you see, the real flamingo is not has delicate has the Safari one, it has a more massive body, and pay attention at the point where the neck starts, almost under the body, as it happen with collectA, you have still the feathers and face! Anyway the best choice for a diorama is the Safari because is smaller and it's in grassless!Very Happy
...and you have both!
Yeah, the Safari one is slimmer - it looks like it's on a diet :) But I like it more.

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection   More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 8:56 pm

Kiryuha wrote:
Roger wrote:
...and you have both!
Yeah, the Safari one is slimmer - it looks like it's on a diet :) But I like it more.

Laughing Now I agree completly! Is different to say which is the best of the market and the one we like more... remember, the Safari is smaller, more expensive and the one I've bought!
Could you please put a complete frontal view of your Safari flamingo, to compare with mine, Kiril? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection   More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 10:38 am

Roger wrote:
Could you please put a complete frontal view of your Safari flamingo, to compare with mine, Kiril? Very Happy
Haven't I done it already - on the pics above? Or what do you mean by "a complete frontal view", Robe... Roger? Wink

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection   More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 2:28 pm

Kiryuha wrote:
Roger wrote:
Haven't I done it already - on the pics above? Or what do you mean by "a complete frontal view", Robe... Roger? Wink

I'd like more frontal than the 4th with the camera like the 2nd photo!
But if it is too much work, never mind!
I want to see the balance to compare with mine, anyway the 3rd picture let me see more or less!:)
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Flock of Safari flamingos   More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 10:15 pm

Flamingos look better in a flock! That's why I bought four of them, and they became a real highlight of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]:

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection   More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 10:43 pm

Of course Kiril, I'm sure Safari LTD agrees with you! :) Come on people, everybody buying flocks of flamingos! Wink
Congratulations, they are really nice, I also love the CollectA but he is too large compared with those! What a Face
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection   More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 5:00 am

Congrats on your new birds Kyrill!
I do have most of them to, as Safari makes great birds indeed.
I have a flock to, but only one Safari, 2 Bullylands(different) and a Hartung.
But i am never really sure about the species, same for a lot of the pelicans to.
In my eyes, the very pink flamingo's are the Cuban species or so... Rolling Eyes

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection   More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 9:22 am

Fantastic display, you're right they look so much better as a flock. Wonderful cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection   More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 12:21 pm

Ohhh, what a flock Shocked

Aren`t you a little bit tempted to try with warm water, so they bend their necks in various ways ? Embarassed drunken
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection   More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 12:23 pm

Very nice flock Kirill Very Happy Congratulations!

And I think Susanne is right, maybe You could try with warm water or hair dryier? Basketball
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection   More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 2:00 pm

Thank you, friends!
SUSANNE wrote:
Aren`t you a little bit tempted to try with warm water, so they bend their necks in various ways ?
ana wrote:
And I think Susanne is right, maybe You could try with warm water or hair dryier?
You know, I'm not fond of "tuning" figures. Moreover, all my 4 flamingos slightly differ from each other, they're not even the same height.So some diversity is there already! :)
Roger wrote:
...I also love the CollectA but he is too large compared with those! What a Face
I've got the Collecta one too, but it doesn't complement Safari figures and is displayed separately.
WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
...But i am never really sure about the species, same for a lot of the pelicans to.In my eyes, the very pink flamingo's are the Cuban species or so... Rolling Eyes
Yeah, they look like American Flamingos indeed. But I need a flamingo lake in my African shelf, so I had to settle on a compromise...

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection   More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 3:49 pm

The CollectA and Safari are American flamingos! :)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection   More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 4:03 pm

Wonderful birds!!! Congratulation!!! You need the birds toob too!!! cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection   More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 4:20 pm

widukind wrote:
Wonderful birds!!! Congratulation!!! You need the birds toob too!!! cheers cheers cheers
Thanx!
I've got the birds toob - here's a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I posted some time ago.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection   More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection Empty

Back to top Go down

More birds by Safari Ltd. in my collection
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Safari Ltd. :: Safari Ltd. additions-
Jump to: