Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection

Go down 
+12
pm64
Saarlooswolfhound
NightLioness
HKHollinstone
Ana
SUSANNE
NandO
widukind
lucky luke
Elros Alvar
LeeAnn
AlvinCK
16 posters
AuthorMessage
AlvinCK

AlvinCK

Country/State : Malaysia

Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection  Empty
PostSubject: Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection    Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection  EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 1:56 pm

Hi everyone!

Previously my collection had been sitting on my book shelf in my study, and my dad said we should go look for a display cabinet because almost the entire bookshelf was crammed with more animals than there are books Laughing So we decided to go look around our weekend garage sale near home, and got a good bargain of this glass cabinet. After some minor touch ups and addition of an extra glass shelf the animals are now ready to move into their new apartment cheers :

Since it would not be possible to lug it upstairs, we decided to leave it in the main hall.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The fifth (top) floor reserved for big cats

The fourth floor reserved for antelopes and giraffes (ignore the rabbits, they are just visiting What a Face )

The third floor reserved for aves and other mid sized mammals and reptiles (at this point space is fast running out Crying or Very sad )

The second floor for the heavyweights and other ungulates

The ground floor, for the super heavyweights aka cetaceans and other marine creatures.

The remaining animals which are too big to move in are still on the bookshelf upstairs. My dad is scratching his head as to why the bookshelves are always filling up with animals every year  Rolling Eyes tongue My next hunt is for another cabinet and hopefully I can find myself a vitrine or two for my Japanese brand collections so to save space by fixing them on the wall.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection    Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection  EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 2:00 pm

I love this type of curio cabinet I love you Your collection looks very nice on it, congratulations on finding it for a great price! cheers

AlvinCK

PostSubject: Re: Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection    Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection  EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 2:22 pm

4U thank you! Smile I love this cabinet too! The only thing I find to be a setback is the wide base which prevents another cabinet to snuggle up next to it without having a gap in between if you know what I mean.No 

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection    Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection  EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 2:24 pm

LOOK'S GOOD Very Happy  GREAT DISPLAY!drunken  CONGRATS cheers cheers 

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection    Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection  EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 2:26 pm

AlvinCK wrote:
4U thank you! Smile I love this cabinet too! The only thing I find to be a setback is the wide base which prevents another cabinet to snuggle up next to it without having a gap in between if you know what I mean.No 
Yes, I see. Well, maybe you'll get another cabinet with a wide base and it still won't work anyway! What a Face Laughing Laughing

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection    Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection  EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 3:48 pm

Alvin magnificent display cheers Applause Cool
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection    Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection  EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 9:50 pm

Very wonderful Applause Applause Applause 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
NandO

NandO

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection    Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection  EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 3:43 am

very nice Alvin Applause Applause cheers cheers 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection    Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection  EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 8:00 am

That surely is a beautyful cabinet ! And wonderful models in it ! Applause 

It sounds like your Dad is a great person Wink

PS What is the kitty in the middle of the right flock on the top shelf ?

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection    Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection  EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 8:57 am

Beautifully displayed collection! Congratulations Alvin!!! cheers What a lovely new cabinet indeed Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection    Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection  EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 9:37 am

Wonderful display Alvin, it looks fabulous!! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection    Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection  EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 1:16 pm

A great way to display your collection! You have the Schleich sperm whale?! cyclops  cheers cheers 

AlvinCK

PostSubject: Re: Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection    Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection  EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 2:23 pm

Lovely thanks Luke, Alvaro, Andreas, Nando, Susanne, Anna, Harriet, Karin! sunny The display cabinet has a sliding door which unfortunately traps dust that goes into the cabinet through the gap. Either way a good excuse to take the animals out once in a while when I wipe the cabinet.

Susanne, yes, love my dad, he's the one who got me started on this hobby ever since he came back from his company trips abroad with a few Schleich figurines. Wink The little kitty is the Schleich leopard cub!

Karin, yup that's the Schleich sperm whale, it is sold out in all the local stores now, I should have gotten two but it is expensive here. No I also have the Humpback but it couldn't join the sperm whale because it took up half the space of the last shelf.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection    Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection  EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 3:03 pm

Great cabinet, I could use... like 20. Laughing 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection    Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection  EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 3:47 pm

AlvinCK wrote:
Karin, yup that's the Schleich sperm whale, it is sold out in all the local stores now, I should have gotten two but it is expensive here. No I also have the Humpback but it couldn't join the sperm whale because it took up half the space of the last shelf.
The sperm whale isn't even for sale in the Netherlands, as far as I know. I want her and her calf really bad XD Ooh, the humpback, yes that one is big! I have her and her calf too, they are the biggest animals I own. Again, great collection! Very Happy

pm64

Country/State : Firenze,Italy

PostSubject: Re: Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection    Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection  EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 9:24 pm

A nice collection very well displayed ! Congrats Applause cheers 
Back to top Go down
Isabeau

Isabeau

Country/State : Gotham City

PostSubject: Re: Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection    Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection  EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 5:48 am

Oh, this is lovely! cheers I also have a glass cabinet, and I was also stuffing mine in a bookshelf before I got it...lol!  I love being able to display them, and I see yours also has a light. The light makes all the difference Wink The dark wood is so elegant. There's nothing better than having a place to show off your collectables, congrats!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/48412602@N04/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection    Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection  EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 6:00 am

Very beautiful cabinet Applause  It enhances your collection Very Happy 

By the way, I've just noticed your baby hippo is an orphan Suspect 
Back to top Go down
TheLastStardust

TheLastStardust

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection    Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection  EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 10:04 am

Wonderful cabinet and your collection looks so nice in it, as it is a great variety of brands <3!
I love the big cat shelf, and the gemsbok on the third pic! may I ask what brand it is?? ^.^
Back to top Go down
AlvinCK

AlvinCK

PostSubject: Re: Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection    Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection  EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 1:43 am

Isabeau wrote:
Oh, this is lovely! cheers I also have a glass cabinet, and I was also stuffing mine in a bookshelf before I got it...lol!  I love being able to display them, and I see yours also has a light. The light makes all the difference Wink The dark wood is so elegant. There's nothing better than having a place to show off your collectables, congrats!
Thanks Isabeau,Smile  It's actually an antique curio cabinet from the 60s. The original colour was a yellow ochre with scratches and bumps. My dad and I did some sanding and repainted it plus slotted a glass shelf and drilled the hole and put the lights in.cheers 

Kikimalou wrote:
Very beautiful cabinet Applause  It enhances your collection Very Happy 

By the way, I've just noticed your baby hippo is an orphan Suspect 
Thanks Christophe Smile The mum is sold out before I could buy her Crying or Very sad Hope I could get a mum from another brand. Hippos are rarely popular in our toy stores for whatever unknown reasons.scratch 

TheLastStardust wrote:
Wonderful cabinet and your collection looks so nice in it, as it is a great variety of brands <3!
I love the big cat shelf, and the gemsbok on the third pic! may I ask what brand it is?? ^.^
Thanks Stardust, the gemsbok is from a China-made toy pack which possibly is a remold from Nine Products brand.
Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection    Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection  EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 9:25 pm

Great display, a very nice cabinet

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection    Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection  Empty

Back to top Go down

Display cabinet just arrived, relocated collection
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Collections-
Jump to: