Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend!

Go down 
+12
SyLoBe
Bloodrayne
Dorkan
SeanieP
NightLioness
NandO
koniminiatures
widukind
SUSANNE
Ana
LeeAnn
AlvinCK
16 posters
AuthorMessage
AlvinCK

AlvinCK

Country/State : Malaysia

My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend! Empty
PostSubject: My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend!   My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend! EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 5:37 pm

Today I went back to Hamley's and found that they have brought in the Takara Tomy Animals! I took my chances with the Zebra and brought him home for a repaint. After a horrifying hour of painting stripes (I will never paint a zebra again!  affraid  affraid  affraid ) here he is with his new friend  Very Happy 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend!   My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend! EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 5:47 pm

Wow! He's amazing, great job!

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend!   My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend! EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 5:49 pm

You did amazing job on this zebra! Congratulations! Very beautiful stripes indeed Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend!   My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend! EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 6:54 pm

WOW!  That is a beautyful zebra  cheers 
No wonder it took a long time !!!!!

Now we know why there aren't many models of the Grévy's zebra Laughing 

Did you count the stripes ?  Wink

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend!   My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend! EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 6:56 pm

Wonderful zebra cheers cheers cheers cheers  Congratulations  cheers cheers cheers 

What are the other animals of this serie  question question question 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend!   My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend! EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 12:48 am

A nice custom, especially for something so small! You've managed to keep the stripes flowing and arranged very naturally, I find; no part of the camouflage jumps out, just as it shouldn't. It's a fairly difficult thing to attain while painting, I think - presumably human minds tend to try and arrange patterns to too much perfection and symmetry.

NandO

NandO

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend!   My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend! EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 4:19 am

nyummy zebra... im hungry... hahaha..
great works Alvin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
AlvinCK

AlvinCK

PostSubject: Re: My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend!   My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend! EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 9:22 am

Thanks all!

Susanne, I didn't count any stripes!! If you look at it you will see it has too many stripes  silent I should think this is a Grant's zebra, if I did a Grevy's it will probably never get done and be anything like one  affraid  affraid 

Andreas I didn't get all of them, except for the tiger and cheetah which I had done repaints earlier. I would probably go for the red panda next. The articulations are all fun to play with but they put the animals in weird postures. The zebra looks like this when you bend the head.  Laughing  

Thanks Lea, I suppose a bigger model would be easier but it still takes steady hands and keen observation to execute the strokes, which I am not good at, but I hope to practise because I have trembly hands.  Embarassed  Embarassed 

Thanks Nando! This zebra looks fat and juicy doesn't it?  Laughing  Laughing 

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend!   My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend! EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 10:45 am

Thank you Alvin, but i cant not see clear the pic. Are there any unusual species? Or only what you also can find by other brands ?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend!   My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend! EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 11:03 am

That is one nice zebra!
Although you don't want to do any zebras anymore lol, this one is very well done! Very Happy

AlvinCK

PostSubject: Re: My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend!   My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend! EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 12:29 pm

widukind wrote:
Thank you Alvin, but i cant not see clear the pic. Are there any unusual species? Or only what you also can find by other brands ?
Andreas, I will take the pictures and show you when I next go to Hamley's. They have a box of display animals on their shelf which is very nice. Yes they are all common animals, if you include the red panda as well Very Happy 

NightLioness wrote:
That is one nice zebra!
Although you don't want to do any zebras anymore lol, this one is very well done! Very Happy
Thanks Karin! At least not another such small model  affraid 

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend!   My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend! EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 1:21 pm

WOW--great work.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend!   My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend! EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 2:04 pm

Thank you again  sunny sunny sunny 

Back to top Go down
Dorkan

Dorkan

Country/State : Poland-Trzebinia /France-Salvizinet

PostSubject: Re: My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend!   My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend! EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 11:34 am

[/quote]
So... this is BEAUTIFUL ZEBRA!  cheers cheers cheers 
I fall in love in this zebra  drunken  but.. what brand of the left zebra in the picture??
Repaint and stripes and other details is BEST , congratulations! Wink 
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend!   My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend! EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 1:20 pm

Dorkan wrote:

So... this is BEAUTIFUL ZEBRA!  cheers cheers cheers 
I fall in love in this zebra  drunken  but.. what brand of the left zebra in the picture??

....it's in the title of AlvinCK's post.... geek

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend!   My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend! EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 2:46 pm

I love those stripes! Very Happy

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend!   My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend! EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 10:04 pm

Very nice repaint Alvin and congratualtion for the two models  Applause 
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend!   My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend! EmptyTue Aug 31, 2021 11:37 pm

how lovely to see both of these zebras together, with the Takara's new stripes! well done!

I shall check Hamley's online

AlvinCK wrote:
Today I went back to Hamley's and found that they have brought in the Takara Tomy Animals! I took my chances with the Zebra and brought him home for a repaint. After a horrifying hour of painting stripes (I will never paint a zebra again!  affraid  affraid  affraid ) here he is with his new friend  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend!   My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 10:54 am

There is an Ania zebra here too: Ania Aliexpress
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend!   My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 8:42 pm

that's wonderful, thank you very much Roger !

rogerpgvg wrote:
There is an Ania zebra here too: Ania Aliexpress
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend!   My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend! EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 2:38 am

The stripes were well worth the agonizing effort, I think! They are not too uniform nor too crazy, just the right blend of unique patterning and consistent shape. Also the brown touches make it a perfect custom. Very lovely!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend!   My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend! Empty

Back to top Go down

My Yotsuba Monochrome Zebra has a new friend!
Page 1 of 1