Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What would you do?

Go down 
+6
SUSANNE
Elros Alvar
sauroid
Chris Sweetman
Ana
widukind
10 posters
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: What would you do?   What would you do? EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:01 pm

If you get old vintage figurines welded in a origin package but you collect only enpacked animals? And you also only need 3 from a set of 8 and you could trade than the other 5?

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:27 pm

Photos and more details, please Very Happy Sounds exciting :)

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

widukind

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 2:17 pm

Marx birds

What would you do? Img_0030

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 2:25 pm

Andreas

I would try and sell the packet intact and with the money raised purchase the ones you need separately.

There are collectors that would love the set you have just as it is!  Very Happy

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 2:43 pm

Or you can trade with someone who has the ones you search, maybe? Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
sauroid

sauroid

Country/State : usa

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 4:09 pm

yes, with vintage figures like that, i'd keep them in the original packaging intact and just wait/look for the separate ones i want.
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 4:11 pm

You can sell the ones that you have repeat  Wink and you have the pack of 8 like new  Very Happy 

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/125764988@N04/
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 4:52 pm

Chris Sweetman wrote:
Andreas

I would try and sell the packet intact and with the money raised purchase the ones you need separately.

There are collectors that would love the set you have just as it is!  Very Happy

It would be a real, terrible crime to unpack and separate them  affraid 

Yes, yes, please sell them to me  bounce cheers 

WOW! Where did you find those ?

widukind

widukind

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 5:20 pm

thanks for all the replies  sunny sunny sunny 

I would sale this but they are not easy to find, especailly the birds that i need. And i dont know worth because i found the on ebay.com for a not so expensive price, only 8$ per each (but without shipping to Germany) scratch scratch scratch 

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 11:01 pm

I would definitely leave them in the package, and probably would just keep them, especially after finding them for a good price. Very Happy

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 1:38 pm

Andreas, in this particular case I won't also unpack them. As you can read from other comments, there are collectors wishing a lot to find a complete set like yours. The package is not important for you not even for me, but it can give a huge joy to people that collect sets in their original condition. Removing them also removes the chance of someone find a complete set and keeping it like it is doesn't remove you the chance of finding these species you're missing.
Collecting is sometimes a hobby of hard decisions, you'll always have something to search and who knows you can find these 3 species in a trade or so.
If you are not sure, you can keep the set intouched and keep trying to find these species. If you can find them, just sell the set. If after a long time you conclude that it is almost impossible, just open the bag and join these three to your collection. You have this right of course. Very Happy

Last edited by Roger on Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DaveScriv

Country/State : England

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 1:47 pm

IMHO it would be criminal vandalism to open this pack.

Keep them or sell them, but don't open/ruin them.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 2:01 pm

Roger wrote:
Andreas, in this particular case I won' also unpack them. As you can read from other comments, there are collectors wishing a lot to find a complete set like yours. The package is not important for you not even for me, but it can give a huge joy to people that collect sets in their original condition. Removing them also removes the chance of someone find a complete set and keeping it like it is doesn't remove you the chance of finding these species you're missing.
Collecting is sometimes a hobby of hard decisions, you'll always have something to search and who knows you can find these 3 species in a trade or so.
If you are not sure, you can keep the set intouched and keep trying to find these species. If you can find them, just sell the set. If after a long time you conclude that it is almost impossible, just open the bag and join these three to your collection. You have this right of course. Very Happy

I thnk i will do that  sunny

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 2:02 pm

Thanks for all replies  sunny sunny 

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 2:04 pm

If anybody knows where i can find the tufted titmouse, the parakeet and the Scarlet Tanager by Marx please let me know  Very Happy 

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 10:14 pm

I'm on a barbarian mood with packages but I agree in this case, this set could enjoy a collector. It must stay like this !  Wink 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? Empty

Back to top Go down

What would you do?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Collector's life-
Jump to: