Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Kitan Club 2013 Kingfisher: A walkaround by SpiralStrix

Go down 
+8
Ana
Bloodrayne
Roger
Kikimalou
LeeAnn
landrover
widukind
SpiralStrix
12 posters
AuthorMessage
SpiralStrix

SpiralStrix

Country/State : United States

The Kitan Club 2013 Kingfisher: A walkaround by SpiralStrix Empty
PostSubject: The Kitan Club 2013 Kingfisher: A walkaround by SpiralStrix   The Kitan Club 2013 Kingfisher: A walkaround by SpiralStrix EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 6:50 pm

This is a walkaround of the Kitan Club Kingfisher from the Nature Techni Colour 2013 Nature of Japan series Vol. 1.

It is a Common Kingfisher (Alcedo atthis), which is also referred to as Eurasian Kingfisher, or River Kingfisher. There are several recognized subspecies that can be found throughout Eurasia and North Africa. Kingfishers are remarkable birds with a fine-tuned talent for catching fish. They have fascinating visual adaptations that are crucial for dive-bombing the fish, which is not an easy task!

This bird is very beautiful with its bright blue upper parts, orange underparts, and long bill. The blue feathers are not due to a pigment within the feather, but rather the microscopic structure of the feather itself. This is called a structural color, which is caused by optical effects as light moves over surfaces.

The solid black coloring of the bill on this model indicates that it is most likely a male, since females have orange on the lower portion of the bill. However, this particular model has some blue on one side.  scratch  I think it was a mistake. It wasn't there in the seller's photos.  Suspect  Oh well, it makes it more special I guess. Razz

Walkaround
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Other Angles

Closeups

With Friends

Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collector/27592/spiralstrix
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Kitan Club 2013 Kingfisher: A walkaround by SpiralStrix   The Kitan Club 2013 Kingfisher: A walkaround by SpiralStrix EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 6:54 pm

A very very wonderful bird!!! Congrats  cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The Kitan Club 2013 Kingfisher: A walkaround by SpiralStrix   The Kitan Club 2013 Kingfisher: A walkaround by SpiralStrix EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 7:17 pm

Walkaround of kingfisher is very nice, thanks.

Other bird in my list

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The Kitan Club 2013 Kingfisher: A walkaround by SpiralStrix   The Kitan Club 2013 Kingfisher: A walkaround by SpiralStrix EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 7:18 pm

I love this model I love you Congratulations! It's larger than I thought it was. study

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Kitan Club 2013 Kingfisher: A walkaround by SpiralStrix   The Kitan Club 2013 Kingfisher: A walkaround by SpiralStrix EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 8:41 pm

Beautiful bird  cheers  I really like the painting, even the blue spot  Wink ! Kitan Club is improving a lot for me. I always loved their sculpture since the African set but the false wooden bases wasn't exactly my cup of tea.

Thank you for this great and informative walkaround Kayla  cheers 

Unfortunately for you, I will ask more pics, more walkaround in the future  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
SpiralStrix

SpiralStrix

PostSubject: Re: The Kitan Club 2013 Kingfisher: A walkaround by SpiralStrix   The Kitan Club 2013 Kingfisher: A walkaround by SpiralStrix EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 9:11 pm

Thanks everyone! I'm glad I was offered the responsibility for this walkaround. It has become one of my favorite figures. What an honor. sunny 

Yes, isn't the painting wonderful? I don't mind the blue spot. I just found it puzzling. Those of you with this figure, does yours have a blue spot?
The bases are not my favorite either, so I'm really liking the new standalone figures too! I plan to get more.  Twisted Evil 
 lol!  I would be glad to do more walkarounds. It's fun! I can be insecure about my photo skills, and I tend to take an excessive amount of pictures, but otherwise it's no problem. Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collector/27592/spiralstrix
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Kitan Club 2013 Kingfisher: A walkaround by SpiralStrix   The Kitan Club 2013 Kingfisher: A walkaround by SpiralStrix EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 9:46 pm

Kayla, I enjoy your walk around a lot, your pictures and also your observations! cheers
Very interesting and I am glad you intend to make some more walk arounds in future. Very Happy
The figure is obviously very nice and I like particularly that species. I don't have a single Kitan but some recent figures look really impressive. Very Happy

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The Kitan Club 2013 Kingfisher: A walkaround by SpiralStrix   The Kitan Club 2013 Kingfisher: A walkaround by SpiralStrix EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 10:48 pm

I love Kingfishers.
I'm lucky enough to enjoy these birds in the wild sometimes over here.
They are absolutely amazing because of their colours.

Lovely paintjob on this bird model.
Someone took pride in painting this bird an took his/her time for sure.
Unfortunately he/she had to sneeze while painting,or something, because the blue splotch on the beak is weird.
(I would just paint over it with a little black paint and think nothing of it.)

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The Kitan Club 2013 Kingfisher: A walkaround by SpiralStrix   The Kitan Club 2013 Kingfisher: A walkaround by SpiralStrix EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 8:49 am

Beautiful Kingfisher and wonderfully done walk around! Thank you for sharing! And congratulations, it's great newcomer  Applause 

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The Kitan Club 2013 Kingfisher: A walkaround by SpiralStrix   The Kitan Club 2013 Kingfisher: A walkaround by SpiralStrix EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 9:14 am

Wonderful bird and glorious model  cheers 

Your pictures are amazing, - and thankyou for the comparison photoes, too  Very Happy 

Ohhh! How I hope to have this little beauty on my shelves some day  bounce drunken 

I think the blue spot is an extra charm, - you have a Special Edition  Applause 
If it was my bird I would certainly not paint it over.
It would always be visible, and then you have a "touched-up" model instead of a special, authentic one What a Face  ...but that is perhaps only me who is strange  geek Laughing

ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The Kitan Club 2013 Kingfisher: A walkaround by SpiralStrix   The Kitan Club 2013 Kingfisher: A walkaround by SpiralStrix EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 3:44 pm

Congrats Kayla! Thanks for walk around!

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The Kitan Club 2013 Kingfisher: A walkaround by SpiralStrix   The Kitan Club 2013 Kingfisher: A walkaround by SpiralStrix EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 4:13 pm

Walkaround of kingfisher is very nice, Applause cheers sunny Cool Wink 
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: The Kitan Club 2013 Kingfisher: A walkaround by SpiralStrix   The Kitan Club 2013 Kingfisher: A walkaround by SpiralStrix EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 2:33 pm

Thanks for the comparison pictures with other animals. Now I want one! Where can I get one at a low price?!!  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Kitan Club 2013 Kingfisher: A walkaround by SpiralStrix   The Kitan Club 2013 Kingfisher: A walkaround by SpiralStrix Empty

Back to top Go down

The Kitan Club 2013 Kingfisher: A walkaround by SpiralStrix
Page 1 of 1