Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-)

Go down 
+10
Ana
Juan Andrés
Roger
LukaLeon085
Taos
orcagirl26
JonasV
widukind
Carola
SUSANNE
14 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-) Empty
PostSubject: The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-)   The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-) EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 5:40 pm

I find it hard to resist dinos with funny hats and noses, and the Pachys are among the most crazy ones  Laughing 

So of course the new cutie from Safari had to come there to stay Wink
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Isn't he great ?  cheers 

Here he met the Pachy from Papo.
He was here first, and had to have the honour to be the first :

They had a lot to discuss about hat-styles and front legs Wink

Teh lovely, Green Pachy from CollectA has a different kind of nose-ornament, but the hat is almost similar  alien 

Perhaps some  of the experts can explain something about these wonderful critters .. study

Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-)   The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-) EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 5:45 pm

Wonderful introduction  Very Happy 

Thinking they are supposed to be the same, they do look very different ! But I suppose that also applies to any other specie and breed, now or then, made by different companys.

The old Papo looks to have a more lively pose than it's new brown friend  Surprised 

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-)   The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-) EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 5:46 pm

Congratulations , a wonderful dinosaur  cheers cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-)   The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-) EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 6:29 pm

Great models! I really like them! Usually I don't care about dinosaurs but those are beautiful I think. I can understand that you couldn't resist it Very Happy 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-)   The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-) EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 7:20 pm

Thankyou, Andreas, Carola and Jonas sunny 

jonesee wrote:
Great models! I really like them! Usually I don't care about dinosaurs but those are beautiful I think. I can understand that you couldn't resist it Very Happy 

I am so happy to hear it  cheers cheers 

orcagirl26

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-)   The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-) EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 7:56 pm

Congrats! The one from Papo almost looks like his identical twin!
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-)   The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-) EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 8:11 pm

Lovely model-Safari still does great Dinos!! Applause Applause 
Back to top Go down
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-)   The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-) EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 8:33 pm

I love you 

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-)   The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-) EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 11:17 pm

I love topics comparing the same animal from different brands. Very Happy
According with experts, the new Safari rendition of pachyrhinosaurus is scientifically much more correct and one of the reasons is the better shaped head. :)
As a non knnowledgeable about dino figures, I find in my ignorance, both figures appealing, but Papo a little more as it is usual. Very Happy
But, as I usually use these toys as sources of knowledge, my choice would always pend to the more accurate as it looks to be the Safari. Very Happy
Interesting is that I love the way the Safari is painted! Shocked

Juan Andrés

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-)   The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-) EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 6:47 am

Congrats on your catch, it looks really good!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-)   The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-) EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 7:23 am

Thanks, friends Very Happy

Roger, thankyou for the information :-D

LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

PostSubject: Re: The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-)   The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-) EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 11:01 am

Roger wrote:
According with experts, the new Safari rendition of pachyrhinosaurus is scientifically much more correct and one of the reasons is the better shaped head. :)
As a non knnowledgeable about dino figures, I find in my ignorance, both figures appealing, but Papo a little more as it is usual. Very Happy
But, as I usually use these toys as sources of knowledge, my choice would always pend to the more accurate as it looks to be the Safari. Very Happy

I am in agreement with you.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-)   The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-) EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 6:05 pm

Beautiful new dinosaur Susanne! I really like him Very Happy I think it will be from now on my wish list for my son's collection Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-)   The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-) EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 6:54 pm

Congrats Susanne, the pachyrhinosaurus is a really beautiful figure. The head is great sunny sunny sunny 

Juan Andrés

Juan Andrés

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-)   The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-) EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 9:38 am

Roger wrote:
Being a dinosaur figures collector,I can tell you now that the Wild Safari version is much better actually.Even if Safari Ltd. isn't doing a very good job with the paintjobs,the Safari version does have a far more appealing paintjob.It's also much more accurate then Papo's ,Papo did something weirdwith the top horns which is actually inaccurate.
Can't wait to get mine  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-)   The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-) EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 10:20 pm

Juan Andrés wrote:
Roger wrote:
Being a dinosaur figures collector,I can tell you now that the Wild Safari version is much better actually.Even if Safari Ltd. isn't doing a very good job with the paintjobs,the Safari version does have a far more appealing paintjob.It's also much more accurate then Papo's ,Papo did something weirdwith the top horns which is actually inaccurate.
Can't wait to get mine  Very Happy

Thanks for your imput and good luck getting yours. Very Happy

She-Wolf

Country/State : Utah, USA

PostSubject: Re: The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-)   The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-) EmptyWed May 07, 2014 11:43 pm

I love him! I want him, too. I hope I see him at the store!

Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-)   The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-) EmptyThu May 08, 2014 12:53 pm

The most acurate of the three figures is the safari item. The papo is close but it was based on the pachyrhinosaurus from disneys lemur infested Dinosaur movie. The nose bump was once thoght to be the base of a horn. Which is replicated on the collecta model. There are two more pachyrhinosaurus figures out there. There's the old tyco dino riders figure. And a recently released jurassic park action figure(I will post photos of them later Wink )

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-)   The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-) EmptyThu May 08, 2014 1:13 pm

Takama wrote:
And a recently released jurassic park action figure(I will post photos of them later Wink)

bounce cheers 

LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

PostSubject: Re: The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-)   The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-) EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 8:29 pm

Collecta model is wrong? scratch 
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-)   The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-) EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 10:21 pm

I think that CollectA have changed some coloros of their figures, I had the same thing the Shire mare, the blaze was black and not white.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-)   The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-) EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 6:56 am

VARIATIONS  Shocked bounce cheers 

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-)   The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-) Empty

Back to top Go down

The new Pachyrhinosaurus from Safari 2014 meets old friends :-)
Page 1 of 1