Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How do you pronounce Schleich?

Go down 
+17
MARTINLATIN
trevok4
googie212
Thylacineotway
ulinuk
Ana
HKHollinstone
scot(t)
LeeAnn
AlopexLagopus
Dum_my
SUSANNE
widukind
Tiermann
Takama
JonasV
She-Wolf
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

How do you pronounce Schleich? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you pronounce Schleich?   How do you pronounce Schleich? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 10:30 pm

Oh, so the voice of "ch" is somewhat like Polish sound of "ś" Very Happy
Now, thank you for that link!!! Funny how pronunciation of one short word can be complicated to explain Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Barricade

Barricade

PostSubject: Re: How do you pronounce Schleich?   How do you pronounce Schleich? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 10:36 am

gulogulo wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Applause ... jupp - that's it - thanks for posting that Link Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Country/State : Russia

PostSubject: Re: How do you pronounce Schleich?   How do you pronounce Schleich? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 7:49 pm

We, in Russia, can say «Schleich» as german word, it's not difficult, cause Russian has very much different sounds.
It's so strange to know that english speaking people say «Schlike», really. And it's SO funny when those people can say «kh» sound XD Excuse me, but it's so.
But no one russian say «Schleish» as Andreas said. I have learnt German for some time, and so I know that it's just one of the ways how to say such sounds. When I read at German, I say «sh», but many people prefer classic way «h».

'Til then I walk alone.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
shadoweon

shadoweon

Country/State : Virginia,United States

PostSubject: Re: How do you pronounce Schleich?   How do you pronounce Schleich? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 5:36 pm

I say it like "schlike" I guess? Basically how its spelled. I'm american if that helps any.

So its supposed to be said like "schleish"???

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Country/State : Russia

PostSubject: Re: How do you pronounce Schleich?   How do you pronounce Schleich? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 5:40 pm

shadoweon wrote:

Or «Schleikh», as it's convenient for you Smile

'Til then I walk alone.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: How do you pronounce Schleich?   How do you pronounce Schleich? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 5:48 pm

shadoweon wrote:
I say it like "schlike" I guess? Basically how its spelled. I'm american if that helps any.

If you don't speak German or have never taken German classes it's difficult to grasp the idea of how to pronounce the "ch" at the end. Sort of like "Schleish" but add your throat into it... The link posted above explains perfectly.

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: How do you pronounce Schleich?   How do you pronounce Schleich? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 7:24 am

LeeAnn wrote:
shadoweon wrote:

If you don't speak German or have never taken German classes it's difficult to grasp the idea of how to pronounce the "ch" at the end. Sort of like "Schleish" but add your throat into it... The link posted above explains perfectly.

LeeAnn is right. It's probably hard to grasp without having had a class or having heard it over and over.

It doesn't really sound like 'SchlieSH' though (to my ears). Imagine starting to say 'Schleik' (that is, 'shlike' rhymes with 'Mike') and then instead of hitting the hard 'k' at the end, you kind of give up and rasp out hard 'h' sound instead.

My own view is that if you're American and you pronounce 'Schleich' like 'Shlike' (rhymes with 'Mike'), you're doing fine. If you're pronouncing it 'Shlick', you should change. (Being flexible and open to new information is a good trait. Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you pronounce Schleich?   How do you pronounce Schleich? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you pronounce Schleich?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Schleich-
Jump to: