Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Whatever happened to Safari, Ltd. ?

Go down 
+9
Saarlooswolfhound
arafan
SUSANNE
Roger
AlopexLagopus
JonasV
LeeAnn
orcagirl26
schleich61
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

Whatever happened to Safari, Ltd. ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Safari, Ltd. ?   Whatever happened to Safari, Ltd. ? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 3:30 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
An example of the paintwork they did a few years ago :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Great photo, Susanne. A great deal of work went into painting that particular pelican, which I like very much... Applause 
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Safari, Ltd. ?   Whatever happened to Safari, Ltd. ? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 3:33 pm

LukaLeon085 wrote:
.. Razz but I love them

I like them too, as far as the sculpts go. Too bad a little more attention to detail wasn't made in painting them. Oh, well...
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
orcagirl26

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Safari, Ltd. ?   Whatever happened to Safari, Ltd. ? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 5:58 pm

I apologize for the delay in replying again but I think I also misunderstood you  Embarassed Sleep I only collect sea life and didn't really have a problem with the paint job, but I feel they were incorrect when it comes to anatomy and species. For reference: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (go to page 8)and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I've seen everyone else's non sea life 2014 releases and can agree that they are sloppy, I can't understand why? Maybe if people comment on this to Safari they might improve.
Back to top Go down
She-Wolf

She-Wolf

Country/State : Utah, USA

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Safari, Ltd. ?   Whatever happened to Safari, Ltd. ? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 5:07 pm

jonesee wrote:
orcagirl26 wrote:
Last time I visited my local Michael's, they had none of the 2013 releases (I went in late 2013) and I'm doubting if I were to go again soon they wouldn't have any of the 2014 releases either. They did have some things on clearance so maybe they were trying to get something new in stock. I do agree that the condition of the figures weren't the best last time I went. Most of them were scratched, had paint rubs and the paint job wasn't all that great. Even though I do use a 40% off coupon, I didn't think any of the figures were even worth paying for.

This's so familiar... Nowadays I want to buy brand new figures from internet. I don't like that
kids are playing with them in the stores  pale 

I don't like that either. I saw a crowd of kids yesterday at the museum gift shop around the CollectA and Safari animals. I'm just glad that me and my friend got a saber tooth cat a good home. One of the parasaurolophus figures had terrible scratches on it's face. Sad Crying or Very sad pale 

QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Safari, Ltd. ?   Whatever happened to Safari, Ltd. ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 2:16 am

Safari Ltd has really downed it's game in the last few years. I have a decade old set of whales and dolphins and they were fantastic as far as paint goes. I re-bought the set in 2013 because a few were missing and their paints were horrendous. Sad

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Safari, Ltd. ?   Whatever happened to Safari, Ltd. ? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Whatever happened to Safari, Ltd. ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2