Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My horse collection

Go down 
+4
SUSANNE
noeska
remowshake
Sumo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

My horse collection Empty
PostSubject: My horse collection   My horse collection EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 11:39 am

... apart from the several tons I've got packed away in my body boxes, that is. Apologies for the craptacular pics!

My bigger models. Trad scale is too big for me, but I've still managed to snag a few of my favorite molds. Classics are more manageable, but Schleich size is my favorite.
As you can see, they're all customized or waiting to be.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Stablemate scale models are awesome too. As you can see I've resculpted a few - moved bits around, swapping legs, etc.

And a few closeups.

Two former Safari unicorns, now Welsh sec. D mare and stallion:

And one I'm working on right now. Hardly a drastic customs, but... see if you can guess what he was!
Back to top Go down
remowshake

remowshake

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My horse collection   My horse collection EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 11:53 am

Lovely collection!!! Very Happy:D:D:D:D

Country/State : netherland

PostSubject: Re: My horse collection   My horse collection EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 12:19 pm

I love your nokota horse :)
and the Other horse's course
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My horse collection   My horse collection EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 2:48 pm

Fantastic collection, and so many different ones, I could watch for hours !
Your custom paints ar very impressive, as I wrote in another string, - you are one more artist here , in good compagny Very Happy

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: My horse collection   My horse collection EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 3:55 pm

Wow beautiful collection Sumo!! affraid cheers Your custom models are fantastic, what's the model horse in the last picture, you can just see it's head on the right?
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Sumo

Sumo

PostSubject: Re: My horse collection   My horse collection EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 4:14 pm

The going-to-be-painted-grey-at-some-point one? Laughing That's the Collecta warmblood stallion. I fell in love and bought three to repaint - and now, six months later, I've barely gotten around to primering one! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: My horse collection   My horse collection EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 5:22 pm

Sumo wrote:
The going-to-be-painted-grey-at-some-point one? Laughing That's the Collecta warmblood stallion. I fell in love and bought three to repaint - and now, six months later, I've barely gotten around to primering one! Embarassed
Wow the face looks so realistic, I must get one myself!
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: My horse collection   My horse collection EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 5:53 pm

The dark horse with new mane and tail in the last photo is the old pinto by Schleich, number 13241 :)

I want to see the collecta warmblood!!

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: My horse collection   My horse collection EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 5:57 pm

The warmblood stallion by Collecta is the Hanoverian one? I can´t find anything searching by warmblood.

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: My horse collection   My horse collection EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 3:20 am

SyLoBe wrote:
The warmblood stallion by Collecta is the Hanoverian one? I can´t find anything searching by warmblood.
Yes it's a Hanoverian, here's a link [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] there's two the same, only the other is a Bay [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: My horse collection   My horse collection EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 3:33 am

HKHollinstone wrote:
SyLoBe wrote:
Yes it's a Hanoverian, here's a link [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] there's two the same, only the other is a Bay [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Did I learn wrong ?
Isn`t the name of the colour of both bay scratch
I always thought that in English a chestnut does not have black mane/tail. We call them Rød, - Red.

It has always surprised me though, cause a chestnut is not red, it is bay geek Laughing

Sumo

Sumo

PostSubject: Re: My horse collection   My horse collection EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 5:10 am

The chestnut model does have a slightly darker tail, as do many real horses - but you need to look at the legs too. A bay, or bay-derived dilution, always has black legs (white markings aside). Chestnuts haev legs the same color as the body, or a lighter shade.
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: My horse collection   My horse collection EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 6:09 am

Nice Custom Collections!!

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: My horse collection   My horse collection EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 6:29 am

Sumo wrote:
The chestnut model does have a slightly darker tail, as do many real horses - but you need to look at the legs too. A bay, or bay-derived dilution, always has black legs (white markings aside). Chestnuts haev legs the same color as the body, or a lighter shade.

Ok, then the picture shows wrong, - it looks like it has black tail/mane Wink
I know the difference between horses with eumelanine and not, Horse colours is a little hobby of mine, - but the differnet countries sometimes call them different names, - just take the name "Dun" What a Face

Some bays have very low dark black on the legs, so the white marks on the model horse could easily cover the black area :
- mistakenly called aguti.
This horse is very young and may later have higher marks, though. But it was the best picture I could find at the moment.

Still : a chestnut is bay and a chestnut horse is "red" Laughing

SyLoBe

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: My horse collection   My horse collection EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 7:09 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Sumo wrote:

Ok, then the picture shows wrong, - it looks like it has black tail/mane Wink
I know the difference between horses with eumelanine and not, Horse colours is a little hobby of mine, - but the differnet countries sometimes call them different names, - just take the name "Dun" What a Face

Some bays have very low dark black on the legs, so the white marks on the model horse could easily cover the black area :
- mistakenly called aguti.
This horse is very young and may later have higher marks, though. But it was the best picture I could find at the moment.

Still : a chestnut is bay and a chestnut horse is "red" Laughing

In fact, chestnut horses with black or nearly black mane and tail DO occur. They are really few, but possible. A chestnut horse have always red body with pasterns of the same color. Sometimes the pigment is too dark and seems to be black, but pasterns are reddish. It´s a chestnut hose too.

The horse in this phot is a wild bay. Wild bay is caused by the Agouti gene, but it´s the wild allele, not the normal one. Wild bay is dominant over normal bay, but it´s very rare, only few breeds have this allele. Wild bay is always low, it doesn´t go up in older horses. The horse is born with low black and it dies with low black.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (Click on the image to enlarge)

Dun coats are very different. Dun coats are yellowish-geyish colors, caused by the Dun gene, and ALWAYS have lineback. Sometimes dun horses also have zebra markings or withers stripe.http://sylobe.deviantart.com/#/d30oyqp

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
remowshake

remowshake

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My horse collection   My horse collection EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 7:16 am

Nice job SyLoBe! Very Happy

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: My horse collection   My horse collection EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 11:36 am

remowshake wrote:
Nice job SyLoBe! Very Happy

Thank you :)

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
Sumo

Sumo

PostSubject: Re: My horse collection   My horse collection EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 11:57 am

This is my favorite part of the collecting hobby - there's an incredible amount of knowledgeable people who like to share! Very Happy
Horse color bloggers abound, but I have to mention Kirsten Wellman's excellent site and Lesli Kathman's blog - the latter is also very good for anyone interested in moldmaking etc.
Back to top Go down
Rio

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: My horse collection   My horse collection EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 6:59 am

Sumo, I love your collection :)

I really like your Schleich customs. If you decide to sell any, let me know Wink I really loved the one you sold to Viki on SHT.
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My horse collection   My horse collection Empty

Back to top Go down

My horse collection
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Collections-
Jump to: