Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Irish elk and wild boar's heads

Go down 
+10
MolarLion
JonasV
cattlecollector
widukind
LeeAnn
pm64
Tarunyada
SUSANNE
bjarki12
Defteros
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Defteros

Defteros

Country/State : Mexico

My Irish elk and wild boar's heads Empty
PostSubject: My Irish elk and wild boar's heads   My Irish elk and wild boar's heads EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 5:00 am

Irish elk
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Wild boar
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bjarki12

bjarki12

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: My Irish elk and wild boar's heads   My Irish elk and wild boar's heads EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 6:20 am

Both of these look phenomenal!

I guess you're only doing heads, but if you change your mind, it would be awesome to see that Irish Elk with its entire body.
Back to top Go down
Defteros

Defteros

PostSubject: Re: My Irish elk and wild boar's heads   My Irish elk and wild boar's heads EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 6:29 am

bjarki12 wrote:
Both of these look phenomenal!

I guess you're only doing heads, but if you change your mind, it would be awesome to see that Irish Elk with its entire body.  

Thanks! Megaloceros giganteus is one of my favorite ice age mammals, I sure want to make a whole animal, but I'll be probably in a smaller scale.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My Irish elk and wild boar's heads   My Irish elk and wild boar's heads EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 8:20 am

FABULOUS ! WOW!  cheers 

Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My Irish elk and wild boar's heads   My Irish elk and wild boar's heads EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 10:35 am

They are gorgeous! How long have you been modelling animals? Do you work for a toy company or something or do you do this for fun? I wish I could make sculptures like this. Well done, keep up the great work!  Applause 

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
pm64

pm64

Country/State : Firenze,Italy

PostSubject: Re: My Irish elk and wild boar's heads   My Irish elk and wild boar's heads EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 10:37 am

Awesome !! You are very very good . Bravo !!! Applause Applause Applause 
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: My Irish elk and wild boar's heads   My Irish elk and wild boar's heads EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 12:57 pm

Woah, these are awesome! Shocked Loving the boar with his mouth open.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My Irish elk and wild boar's heads   My Irish elk and wild boar's heads EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 2:04 pm

Looks phantastic!! You plan bodys too?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: My Irish elk and wild boar's heads   My Irish elk and wild boar's heads EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 6:05 pm

They look great. You could make a whole trophy line up! My one suggestion would be maybe close the boars mouth just a bit. They all look wonderful!

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it is going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming. (One of my favorite archery quotes)
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: My Irish elk and wild boar's heads   My Irish elk and wild boar's heads EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 9:06 pm

Oh, wow! Nice very nice Surprised Love this boar!

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Defteros

Defteros

PostSubject: Re: My Irish elk and wild boar's heads   My Irish elk and wild boar's heads EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 12:23 am

Tarunyada wrote:
They are gorgeous! How long have you been modelling animals? Do you work for a toy company or something or do you do this for fun? I wish I could make sculptures like this. Well done, keep up the great work!  Applause 

Thanks! Very Happy  I started modelling as a kid, then I stopped due to several reasons for many years, then I found about polymer clay, took me months to get my hands on it because I had to wait for my cousin from the US to bring me some (I couldn't find polymer clay at the time in Mexico and the postal service isn't really reliable Mad ). So I restarted in late 2013. Sure I love making animals but now I do this mostly to support myself.
You can always get better, just practice  Basketball 

Thank you all for your comments!
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My Irish elk and wild boar's heads   My Irish elk and wild boar's heads EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 12:26 am

Defteros wrote:
Tarunyada wrote:

Thanks! Very Happy  I started modelling as a kid, then I stopped due to several reasons for many years, then I found about polymer clay, took me months to get my hands on it because I had to wait for my cousin from the US to bring me some (I couldn't find polymer clay at the time in Mexico and the postal service isn't really reliable Mad ). So I restarted in late 2013.
You can always get better, just practice  Basketball 

Thanks for letting me know! I'm using Super Sculpey at the moment and I'm really going to try some more realistic animals. Yours look so great, but I really have a long way before mine look as good as yours xD

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
MolarLion

PostSubject: Re: My Irish elk and wild boar's heads   My Irish elk and wild boar's heads EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 11:45 pm

These are awesome! Those elk horns must've been so tricky.  I made by first antlers last year and I had to redo them several times before i got the look i wanted.  Being symmetrical with all those crazy curves is harder than people realize.  My favorite method is to sculpt them a little larger then sand them down to the right size.. plus if you sand in the right direction it gives a really nice realistic grooved texture.

Also, I've found the cheapest place for me to get Super Sculpey is Jerry's Artarama in Austin, TX.  I live in Philadelphia and when I order in bulk the shipping is free.  I don't know what their rates are to Mexico, but they seem like such a cool company that they'd have very fair rates::: http://www.jerrysartarama.com/Quick-Links/Shipping-Info-Revised.htm
Back to top Go down
Defteros

Defteros

PostSubject: Re: My Irish elk and wild boar's heads   My Irish elk and wild boar's heads EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 12:12 am

MolarLion wrote:
These are awesome!  Those elk horns must've been so tricky.  I made by first antlers last year and I had to redo them several times before i got the look i wanted.  Being symmetrical with all those crazy curves is harder than people realize.  My favorite method is to sculpt them a little larger then sand them down to the right size.. plus if you sand in the right direction it gives a really nice realistic grooved texture.

Also, I've found the cheapest place for me to get Super Sculpey is Jerry's Artarama in Austin, TX.  I live in Philadelphia and when I order in bulk the shipping is free.  I don't know what their rates are to Mexico, but they seem like such a cool company that they'd have very fair rates::: http://www.jerrysartarama.com/Quick-Links/Shipping-Info-Revised.htm

Wow thanks, that's good advice to get the grooves! and the store sounds great, I'll check it out.
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: My Irish elk and wild boar's heads   My Irish elk and wild boar's heads EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 2:33 am

Wow! They are amazing. You have a high qualification for doing job with a big company, that is, if you haven't.
I wish you would make the bodies as well. I believe they would be great!

Back to top Go down
Irish Stag

Irish Stag

Country/State : United States / Oregon

PostSubject: Re: My Irish elk and wild boar's heads   My Irish elk and wild boar's heads EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 8:15 pm

These are both OUTSTANDING cheers Very Happy Applause !!!

I'd love to get in touch with you about possibly purchasing a copy of the Irish Elk head.

Please contact me at an early convenience.
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: My Irish elk and wild boar's heads   My Irish elk and wild boar's heads EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 8:50 pm

Irish Stag wrote:
These are both OUTSTANDING  cheers  Very Happy  Applause   !!!

I'd love to get in touch with you about possibly purchasing a copy of the Irish Elk head.

Welcome to the forum Very Happy Very Happy

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Irish elk and wild boar's heads   My Irish elk and wild boar's heads EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 6:52 am

They look really, really good! I agree with every one else here, we would love to see the bodies! Smile
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My Irish elk and wild boar's heads   My Irish elk and wild boar's heads EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 8:09 am

jonesee wrote:
Irish Stag wrote:
These are both OUTSTANDING  cheers  Very Happy  Applause   !!!

Welcome to the forum Very Happy Very Happy
Welcome!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
ulinuk

ulinuk

Country/State : Czech republic

PostSubject: Re: My Irish elk and wild boar's heads   My Irish elk and wild boar's heads EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 3:57 pm

Beautiful cyclops cyclops cyclops

http://mirukam.webnode.cz/
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: My Irish elk and wild boar's heads   My Irish elk and wild boar's heads EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 5:22 am

Nice figures! Great sculpted heads.!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Irish elk and wild boar's heads   My Irish elk and wild boar's heads Empty

Back to top Go down

My Irish elk and wild boar's heads
Page 1 of 1