Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!!

Go down 
+32
Kristie
Bowhead Whale
endogenylove
jarda
George
Saarlooswolfhound
Chris Sweetman
rogerpgvg
Bonnie
Advicot
Pardofelis
zirkoon
halichoeres
Roger
75senta75
Anne from Norway
Night Elf
Kikimalou
ken yeo
SUSANNE
Dum_my
landrover
Zelvik
Ana
Bloodrayne
lucky luke
widukind
Tarunyada
koniminiatures
JonasV
Carola
NandO
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!! - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!!   Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!! - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 12:50 am

Thanks everyone.

Pardofelis wrote:
What an amazing background in the last photo. The tiny Spergularia makes the effect of bunches of Armeria maritima in miniature, the plant that often dominates the tops of the sea cliffs where puffins live.

Hi Pardofelis I always wanted to know the names of the vegetation so thank you very much for this information.

lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!!   Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!! - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 3:12 pm

New to Kaiyodo   Very Happy  study
the crested shelduck drunken

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!!   Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!! - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 4:40 pm

Very beautiful, I miss my Maia & Borges models. Namely the crazy tufted duck. It is a pity this duck may be already extinct.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!!   Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!! - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 5:53 pm

A phantastic figure.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!!   Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!! - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2021 9:03 pm

New additions painted yesterday (sculpted the day before): The black-necked swan (Cygnus melancoryphus) and the torrent duck (Merganetta armata). Black-necked is in my opinion the most beautiful swan species so far, and despite being a relatively well known and common species I still love it a lot. They have shorter necks than most other swans and I reflected this in my figure with success. The plumage is very detailed when compared with my early bird figures, altought this is not visible in the photo. I wanted to give the swan a bit more natural posture, so I turned the head to a side while kept the neck partially waved in a very swanish gesture. About the torrent duck, it's a species absent from zoos I think, but still not too obscure. However they're absolutely magnific. Only species in the genus, the torrent duck honours its name living only in strong current waters. It have a striking sexual dimorphism as many ducks, but this time the female is not duller or less pretty, it's just different. Male have a striking white head with bold black markings, while female have a vivid orange belly that contrast with the grey plumage above. Both sexes have a bright red bill, and a long rigid tail. For this figure I did individual elongated back feathers in volume.

They joined happily my duck flock and now swim together in the pool :)

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!!   Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!! - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2021 9:21 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers Cool Very good news cash my friend Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!!   Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!! - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2021 9:37 pm

I love ducks and swans. They are part of my childhood. I am particularly impressed with the level of detail of the torrent duck, the swan is not so easy to see. Is your Merganetta a turneri morph?

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!!   Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!! - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2021 10:49 pm

I didn't know absolutely nothing about morphs of torrent ducks. I tought they was all the same until I saw yesterday when looking at photos for paint my model that males have high variability regarding the presence or not of a black stripe down from eyes, the appareance of the back and overall the colour of the belly (some white with faint black stripes, some black with chestnut center (like mine), some entirely black).

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!!   Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!! - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2021 8:50 am

Pardofelis wrote:
I didn't know absolutely nothing about morphs of torrent ducks. I tought they was all the same until I saw yesterday when looking at photos for paint my model that males have high variability regarding the presence or not of a black stripe down from eyes, the appareance of the back and overall the colour of the belly (some white with faint black stripes, some black with chestnut center (like mine), some entirely black).

Yes, I didn't know either and I think the morph I mentioned has the belly completely black so you probably used other morph. Regardless of what morph it is, the figure is really great and an interesting species choice. As I can't do my own ducks, I just wish brands show more diversity or a series like Maia & Borges or AAA did. Papo gave us recently a mandarin and now a Canada goose so we won't live confined to mute swans and mallards.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!!   Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!! - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2021 8:52 am

Very nice birds again.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!!   Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!! - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2021 10:58 am

These two are beautiful, I love the details of the plumage and the colouring-wow! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!!   Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!! - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 07, 2021 7:10 pm

New one! Whooping crane. I like how it resulted, pose, sculpt, etc... but... I realized, too late, that it was a bit tiny!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!!   Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!! - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 07, 2021 7:13 pm

cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!!   Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!! - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 07, 2021 7:17 pm

Absolutely beautiful- I love the pose, I love the sculpt, I love the colours- wow! cheers cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!!   Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!! - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2021 10:40 pm

Really graceful model. One of your best models if not the best. For me it is huge, really huge. cheers

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!!   Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!! - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2021 10:59 pm

Wonderful crane! cheers cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!!   Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!! - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 9:07 am

Very Happy Applause cheers bounce
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!!   Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!! - Page 11 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2021 6:33 pm

newcomers

Last edited by widukind on Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!!   Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!! - Page 11 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2021 7:35 pm

Unlike my only other Schleich bird, the toucan which I remember buying quite clearly, I'm not sure how or when or why I bought this nice little female mallard!

Possibly a purchase intended to become a taxidermy specimen for my 12th scale country gent's study, but I never got round to making a little display case? That might be where she ends up 'living', even if that wasn't what I had in mind whenever I picked her up Laughing

lucky luke

lucky luke

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!!   Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!! - Page 11 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2021 8:56 pm

Very Happy Applause
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!!   Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!! - Page 11 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2021 10:08 pm

Very realistic painting on the body feathers of Miss Mallard!
Nice additions from Andreas too, tough laughing kookaburra is a fully terrestrial bird Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!!   Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!! - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 24, 2021 5:38 pm

So many fantastic models, I love the kookaburra and puffin Andreas! Very Happy
And what a beautiful mallard George! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!!   Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!! - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 4:32 pm

newcomers

Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!!   Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!! - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 5:57 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers
Congratulations Andréas little duckling and mother I love them company ania or correct me, already seen? Idea scratch study Cool drunken
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!!   Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!! - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 6:51 pm

Wonderful birds, but wow, I just love the duck and ducklings, so sweet! I love you drunken
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!!   Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!! - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Show Us Yours : Water Birds !!!!
Page 11 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next