Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

how to remove the color of a oridinal schliech horse

Go down 
+2
Bonobo
sasaja
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sasaja

Country/State : Sweden

how to remove the color of a oridinal schliech horse Empty
PostSubject: how to remove the color of a oridinal schliech horse   how to remove the color of a oridinal schliech horse EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 5:19 pm

Hello !
I dont have the best english but i hope peapole can help my.I want to paint my modell horse.
This one:
https://www.google.se/search?q=schleich+shettis&client=firefox-a&hs=yDj&rls=org.mozilla:sv-SE:official&channel=fflb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=Rik8U_qtFMaS4ASPrICoAw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1252&bih=557#channel=fflb&q=schleich+shetland+pony&rls=org.mozilla:sv-SE:official&tbm=isch&facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=S-7HLZOpG68FxM%253A%3Bj2dWFvcd8CrfRM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.seurenhealth.com%252Fmedia%252Fcatalog%252Fcategory%252F276.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.seurenhealth.com%252Fnl%252Fschleich%252Fboerenleven%252Fpaarden%252Fshetland-pony.html%3B360%3B260

The ''black''/white one.
But how do i remove the oridinal color?
Please help !
Back to top Go down
Bonobo

Bonobo

Country/State : Deutschland/Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: how to remove the color of a oridinal schliech horse   how to remove the color of a oridinal schliech horse EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 5:23 pm

I just painted them over. Usually with a white ground painting Wink
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: how to remove the color of a oridinal schliech horse   how to remove the color of a oridinal schliech horse EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 5:30 pm

Welcome here Very Happy

You don't have to remove the original color at all. You can just paint right over it. If you want a white or grey base you can just paint a base coat of white or grey and/or prime it if you wish.

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: how to remove the color of a oridinal schliech horse   how to remove the color of a oridinal schliech horse EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 5:45 pm

Sometimes having the old paint underneath causes the repainted figure to become sticky overtime. Most of the times, however, I, too, have found it isn't necessary to remove the old paint. If you want to do that, however, oven cleaner suitably diluted, rubbing alcohol or even plain acetone (nail polish remover) usually work. If you use any of those raw, you risk them melting not just the paint but the plastic underneath, though, so it's worth the bother to dilute them with water. Also, as ever, before priming or painting the figurine, you'll need to wash it well before starting so that there isn't any residue or grease left on it when you start.

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: how to remove the color of a oridinal schliech horse   how to remove the color of a oridinal schliech horse EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 6:10 pm

Welcome here

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
sasaja

Country/State : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: how to remove the color of a oridinal schliech horse   how to remove the color of a oridinal schliech horse EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 6:26 pm

So if i hav eunderstand this. I can just take acryl paint over them (white) but if i take like the nail polish remover then i can ruin the horse?
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: how to remove the color of a oridinal schliech horse   how to remove the color of a oridinal schliech horse EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 6:45 pm

sasaja wrote:
So if i hav eunderstand this. I can just take acryl paint over them (white) but if i take like the nail polish remover then i can ruin the horse?

If you use just nail polish remover alone, not watered down, you risk damaging the horse. Yes, you can put acrylic paint over the model, but as Lea mentioned, it may become sticky afterwards. Very Happy

krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: how to remove the color of a oridinal schliech horse   how to remove the color of a oridinal schliech horse EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 5:00 pm

I think that it should be ok if you wash the figure well after you have used nail polish remover on it. So the acetone washes away. Though I haven't got any long-term experience with this...

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: how to remove the color of a oridinal schliech horse   how to remove the color of a oridinal schliech horse EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 5:07 pm

My trouble with the nail polish remover is that the acetone breaks down the plastic and makes it soft. It can also remove details if left on too long, as it basically "eats" the plastic. So proceed with caution Wink

PostSubject: Re: how to remove the color of a oridinal schliech horse   how to remove the color of a oridinal schliech horse Empty

Back to top Go down

how to remove the color of a oridinal schliech horse
Page 1 of 1