Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich Angus Comparisons

Go down 
+3
widukind
SUSANNE
LeeAnn
7 posters
AuthorMessage
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

Schleich Angus Comparisons Empty
PostSubject: Schleich Angus Comparisons   Schleich Angus Comparisons EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 1:14 am

I stopped at the local Tractor Supply today, and they had a very small amount of new figures.

I have to say, I'm very disappointed. Not that I'm surprised.

I got the "new" Angus bull and calf, so I could see the difference between the new and old ones. I also picked up the Arab foal, he's pretty cute, but not too cute. Wink

Here are the Anguses. "New" ones have the tags.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The bulls aren't too different. The old one has painted hooves and a tad more shading, where the new one is simply black. The calves, however, are much different. The old one has a brown undertone, and the new one is basically solid black. I think the new calf is made in black plastic, where the old one is in brown.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Angus Comparisons   Schleich Angus Comparisons EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 9:17 am

Thankyou VERY much for this interesting topic !!!! Applause 

But NO applause for Schleich ! They could have changed the models, instead of just making them cheaper, couldn't they ?

I am curious, - do they have the same marks on the belly, - year and such - too ? Shocked 

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Angus Comparisons   Schleich Angus Comparisons EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 11:58 am

Interesting

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Angus Comparisons   Schleich Angus Comparisons EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 4:54 pm

That is really interesting, now we know that Schleich used the same molds to save money and introduced a cheaper and simpler painting. I know the main competitor in USA is Safari and that their paintings are not the best but I am not sure that it is a correct strategy to a market so important as US market is.
I know that petrol derived products are more expensive these days and also some safety restrictions made some cheaper materials turn not suitable but I confess I wasn't expecting to see paintings decreasing in quality in almost all brands. Black is surely a cheap painting once together with these Angus, we can remember lots of Safari black figures these 2 last years. Very Happy

Bonobo

Country/State : Deutschland/Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Angus Comparisons   Schleich Angus Comparisons EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 5:08 pm

It is the same as the old pelikan. Some years later (just one year? scratch) it was just avalaible in the USA, with another painting. Smile 
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Angus Comparisons   Schleich Angus Comparisons EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 5:10 pm

Roger wrote:
That is really interesting, now we know that Schleich used the same molds to save money and introduced a cheaper and simpler painting. I know the main competitor in USA is Safari and that their paintings are not the best but I am not sure that it is a correct strategy to a market so important as US market is.
I know that petrol derived products are more expensive these days and also some safety restrictions made some cheaper materials turn not suitable but I confess I wasn't expecting to see paintings decreasing in quality in almost all brands. Black is surely a cheap painting once together with these Angus, we can remember lots of Safari black figures these 2 last years. Very Happy

Perhaps there is a lot of cheap, black plastic on the market these days ??? scratch Rolling Eyes Laughing

JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Angus Comparisons   Schleich Angus Comparisons EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 6:53 pm

That's interesting. The new bull looks good to me. The texture is better, more muscles and details.
I still need to say I like the old one more.
Best wishes, Old trash lover..

The calves are just lovely drunken I think it's nice they are different size!

Awesome that you got them and showed for us! Big congrats cheers

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Angus Comparisons   Schleich Angus Comparisons EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 7:57 pm

Thanks friends! cheers

Both calves are marked 2002, and both bulls are marked 2003. The new ones are both marked with the new marking, the with "Am Limes" info.

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Angus Comparisons   Schleich Angus Comparisons EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 8:11 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Thanks friends! cheers

Both calves are marked 2002, and both bulls are marked 2003. The new ones are both marked with the new marking, the with "Am Limes" info.

Why? Laughing scratch There's the new address and they changed the models little bit so why there's still ´03?
Strange.

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Angus Comparisons   Schleich Angus Comparisons EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 8:21 pm

Schleich is strange. Rolling Eyes For sure.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Angus Comparisons   Schleich Angus Comparisons EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 8:39 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by SUSANNE on Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Angus Comparisons   Schleich Angus Comparisons EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 8:41 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Animal_Figures_4U wrote:

Indeed! Very Happy Laughing

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Angus Comparisons   Schleich Angus Comparisons EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 9:45 pm

Anne from Norway

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Angus Comparisons   Schleich Angus Comparisons EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 3:23 pm

I'm tryng to find out whether the Angus family I have is the old or the new one. How can I best tell? I'm confused... I wish they at least would put the new production year...
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Angus Comparisons   Schleich Angus Comparisons EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 9:55 pm

Anne from Norway wrote:
I'm tryng to find out whether the Angus family I have is the old or the new one. How can I best tell? I'm confused... I wish they at least would put the new production year...

The bulls look the same, the old calf is a little more brown Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Angus Comparisons   Schleich Angus Comparisons Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich Angus Comparisons
Page 1 of 1