Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Figures that give you the Heeby Jeebys

Go down 
+12
widukind
NightLioness
Phexedrine
QuollMate
K907
AlopexLagopus
Carola
SUSANNE
LeeAnn
JonasV
Ana
Takama
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

Figures that give you the Heeby Jeebys - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Figures that give you the Heeby Jeebys   Figures that give you the Heeby Jeebys - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 6:14 am

Karin, that orca looks indeed quite funny Very Happy

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Figures that give you the Heeby Jeebys   Figures that give you the Heeby Jeebys - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 7:37 pm

I don't think I have any figures that scares me or give me "Heeby Jeebys" but there is one kind of toy that I find quite creepy: ball jointed dolls, especially when they are naked they look so strange:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I guess it's caused by so called uncanny valley scratch  Also the way their body parts are cut, it looks almost painful (the knees especially, look here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  )

From te other hand, I wouldn't mind having little ball jointed doll dressed as rider, for example to use for scenes with Breyer horses. I don't know why when these dolls are dressed they don't look so creepy to me anymore  scratch 

Strange, I found also photo of ball jointed horse  Idea 

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
orcagirl26

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Figures that give you the Heeby Jeebys   Figures that give you the Heeby Jeebys - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 10:27 pm

NightLioness wrote:
I was looking around here on STS, looking for new topics with new posts.
I saw a new post on the Kaiyodo topics. Very interesting figures. Seacrhing the site a bit I came across a orca....

Very..scary...orca....with his mouth open...brrrr.

I apologize, I only saw this today. He's quite scary, like his teeth are too big for his mouth Shocked Or almost like he's half mako shark  affraid 
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Figures that give you the Heeby Jeebys   Figures that give you the Heeby Jeebys - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 7:52 am

Okay, I officially now have a new phobia: Naked ball-jointed dolls. Thank you Anna.   Smile  

Some of the handmade BJDs on DeviantArt are especially eerie. Uncanny valley indeed!
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Figures that give you the Heeby Jeebys   Figures that give you the Heeby Jeebys - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 2:25 pm

scot(t) wrote:
Okay, I officially now have a new phobia: Naked ball-jointed dolls. Thank you Anna.   Smile  

affraid Laughing Me too!

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Figures that give you the Heeby Jeebys   Figures that give you the Heeby Jeebys - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 5:47 pm

scot(t) wrote:

Some of the handmade BJDs on DeviantArt are especially eerie. Uncanny valley indeed!

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
scot(t) wrote:

affraid Laughing Me too!

Ooops, sorry! Wink
But good that I'm not alone now  silent Laughing 

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Figures that give you the Heeby Jeebys   Figures that give you the Heeby Jeebys - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 6:56 pm

orcagirl26 wrote:
NightLioness wrote:
I saw a new post on the Kaiyodo topics. Very interesting figures. Seacrhing the site a bit I came across a orca....

I apologize, I only saw this today. He's quite scary, like his teeth are too big for his mouth Shocked Or almost like he's half mako shark  affraid 

No problem Wink I agree, his teeth are to big.
Wouldn't encounter this on a wild sea expedition  affraid 

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Figures that give you the Heeby Jeebys   Figures that give you the Heeby Jeebys - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 5:20 pm

Ana wrote:
scot(t) wrote:

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
scot(t) wrote:

affraid Laughing Me too!

Ooops, sorry! Wink
But good that I'm not alone now  silent Laughing 

I actually found it fascinating. I had no idea there was a whole culture surrounding BJDs. People get really into it. (And crap, they are expensive.) But despite its fascination, I still found them so unnerving. (I spent a little time on the "iplehouse" website, on deviantArt, and a little on youtube, where people would discuss and show their dolls. They are often much larger than I expected too!

Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Figures that give you the Heeby Jeebys   Figures that give you the Heeby Jeebys - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 8:45 pm

NightLioness wrote:
orcagirl26 wrote:
NightLioness wrote:

No problem Wink I agree, his teeth are to big.
Wouldn't encounter this on a wild sea expedition  affraid 

I feel bad for any seal, sea lion or fish he eats  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
krista

krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: Figures that give you the Heeby Jeebys   Figures that give you the Heeby Jeebys - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 11:52 pm

That prehistoric hippo is unnerving indeed... But I think I have slight trypophobic tendencies.
That's why things with lots of circles or round bumps disgust me...

Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Figures that give you the Heeby Jeebys   Figures that give you the Heeby Jeebys - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 12:33 am

Looks like are old hippo friend has some competition

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Figures that give you the Heeby Jeebys   Figures that give you the Heeby Jeebys - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 8:40 am

Laughing Laughing She surely is no beauty queen affraid Laughing

JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Figures that give you the Heeby Jeebys   Figures that give you the Heeby Jeebys - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 4:42 pm

yes this one belongs here indeed! All those dots.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Figures that give you the Heeby Jeebys   Figures that give you the Heeby Jeebys - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 12:46 am

yeah, it doesn't just look like texture, it looks like the dinosaur has a pox.

"A pox on your dinosaurs!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Figures that give you the Heeby Jeebys   Figures that give you the Heeby Jeebys - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Figures that give you the Heeby Jeebys
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2